Anyway to fix my black screen of death?

Discus and support Anyway to fix my black screen of death? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One will start and load the green logo but just sits on a black screen after that. It will open the three turn off options when I hold the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MerkJM, Jun 15, 2024.

1. MerkJM
    MerkJM Guest

My Xbox One will start and load the green logo but just sits on a black screen after that. It will open the three turn off options when I hold the Xbox button on the controller. It also pops up a notification window when I plug in my external hard drive. Other than that its black screen all day.

I have restarted it, and reset the display settings. I have not been able to reset the system because long story short a local phone repair man said he could repair consoles and he lied. I do not have the sync button anymore as well as some of the screws from inside the Xbox. Is there anyway to reset the Xbox without using the screen or the sync button? Can I save this system?

:)

MerkJM, Jun 15, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, MerkJM! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your console.

Unfortunately, the only way to reset a console in this state is through the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, which I'm afraid requires a working sync button.

• In this case, my best suggestion would be to power cycle your console, and leave it on the black screen to see if it eventually gets past it on its own and allows you to reset it via the Settings menu. Like this:

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug the console's power cord for 5 minutes. If you have the original Xbox One, you'll have to unplug the power supply unit from both the console and the outlet.
    - Plug everything back together and turn your console on, preferably while there are no external storage units plugged into it.
    - If it eventually gets past the black screen, try performing a reset by going to Settings > System > Console info > Reset Console.

• If a power cycle doesn't work, it would be best to have your console repaired. Microsoft no longer repairs Xbox One consoles due to them being discontinued, but you could opt to use a third-party service.

----------

As a fellow gamer, I understand this is likely not the answer you were hoping for.
    I'm sorry, MerkJM.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  3. Whitey Black Win User

XBOX ONE X - Black Screen when launching games

Black screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFiae-cRxw

https://windowsreport.com/fix-black-screen-of-death-xbox-one/
  4. Whitey Black Win User

Black screen

Black screen

5. Zero420override Win User

xbox is black screened

6. Whitey Black Win User

Black Screen on XBox One X this morning?

pleas check this two links

Black screen

Thema:

1. Anyway to fix my black screen of death? - Similar Threads - Anyway fix black

2. My computer crashes 5-15 mins into a GTA V playing session, is there anyway to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My computer crashes 5-15 mins into a GTA V playing session, is there anyway to fix it?: Hello, I Have recently built a gaming pc, my problem is that whenever I play GTA V the system reboots or crashes after 5-15 mins of playing it. Specs of system: Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-A...
  3. Is there anyway to fix p2p/sig: no_session(Empty Auth from Discovery) on a Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to fix p2p/sig: no_session(Empty Auth from Discovery) on a Switch?: I keep getting it on Minecraft for Nentendo Switch when I try to join a friends world. Its getting quite annoying. Is there a way to fix it? b029f19c-e909-4c90-ad5e-5dd46caa10bc
  4. is they’re anyway i can try to fix this so he can get his account back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is they’re anyway i can try to fix this so he can get his account back?: I tried getting into my boyfriends xbox passkey but his controller had sticky keys and made me lock him out because he can’t provide his password to his old email that he dosent have anymore. He...
  5. Is there anyway I can fix the settings so that when I'm using Spotify on xbox I can hear...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there anyway I can fix the settings so that when I'm using Spotify on xbox I can hear...: As the title asks I want to be Able to listen to Spotify while playing a game but i want to here the effects and dialogue in game as well especially if I play something with vehicles in it I like...
  6. Anyway to fix an issue in the my games and apps section where the full library says we're...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyway to fix an issue in the my games and apps section where the full library says we're...: So for the past few days I've not been able to load my Full Library in the My games and apps section on my Xbox Series X. I've tried a few different things I've read online, like clearing cache...
  7. Anyway I can fix this windows issue without trying to factory reset my computer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyway I can fix this windows issue without trying to factory reset my computer?: The issue is whenever I try to launch any game through the app a window pops up saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  8. Anyway to fix FPS on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyway to fix FPS on Xbox Series S: For a few months now whenever I’m on Fortnite I get a massive frame rate drop after dropping from the battle bus (ironic isn’t it) and a rare case during cutscenes from COD:MW 2019. I have tried...
  9. Is there anyway to fix my Xbox One? Constant startup errors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to fix my Xbox One? Constant startup errors: Hi, My Xbox One gets constant startup errors (101, 102, 105 and so on). No matter what I do (force close, disconnect cables) it always shows the "something went wrong" page. I can click on the...
  10. Twitch won't work anyway to fix it its been like this for 2 weeks

in XboX Insiders
    Twitch won't work anyway to fix it its been like this for 2 weeks: [IMG] submitted by /u/fivePhoenix545 [link] [comments]