Anyone know how to fix recorded game clips looking grey and washed out?

Discus and support Anyone know how to fix recorded game clips looking grey and washed out? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; [img] [img] For some reason everytime I clip a video it comes out all grey, Ive tried changing capture resolution doesnt make any difference, and its... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by MadRabbit II, Jan 11, 2024.

1. MadRabbit II
    MadRabbit II Guest

Anyone know how to fix recorded game clips looking grey and washed out? [​IMG]

Anyone know how to fix recorded game clips looking grey and washed out? [​IMG]
    For some reason everytime I clip a video it comes out all grey, Ive tried changing capture resolution doesnt make any difference, and its not the HDR because it was doing it on my old 1080P TV aswell everytime it comes out all dark and washed out, it looks the same on the console clips aswell before even uploading.. screenshots come out fine though?? anyone else having this issue? Some help would be appreciated.

:)

MadRabbit II, Jan 11, 2024
  2. MadRabbit II Win User

Thanks, but I dont see how this is supposed to help me fix the original problem that I posted? This is all stuff that everyone knows...
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Keep in mind that disabling HDR differs from changing the recording resolution to SDR; you didn't mention anything about disabling HDR in your previous responses hence why I suggested it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any further troubleshooting to offer so I'm going to pass this on to other forum members who can help you further.

There are many knowledgeable users active on the forum and I hope that someone else can offer further insight on your issue.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. MadRabbit II Win User

Yes its still the same on 4K SDR this has been happening for a while and I thought it was just normal till I seen other peoples captures look fine, its been happening since I had a 1080p tv its the same on any resolution. Idk what the issue is. I thought it might of been just an xbox one issue but I have a Series X now and still the same. It has to be a specific bug on my account as I am quite tech savvy, Ive literally tried everything. And now it wont let me capture anything.
    [​IMG]
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

If you set the recording resolution to 4K SDR instead (Settings > Preferences > Capture & Share), does it still look washed out?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

I see, have you tried disabling HDR entirely? I'm not suggesting this as a final solution as I understand that HDR is an important visual feature, but disabling it may help isolate the issue.

Go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes. Disable "Allow HDR10".

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Anyone know how to fix recorded game clips looking grey and washed out? - Similar Threads - Anyone fix recorded

2. Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?: I need help with taking out the upnp is not succesful message please help. These people from microsoft dont wanna help me. e80a7c19-dfbb-4d8b-a3f5-f721f0340fc3
  3. Anyone know how to fix a single game crashing/restarting my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know how to fix a single game crashing/restarting my PC?: I have been a long time player of Sea of Thieves and ever since it's last update a few days ago, everytime I load the game, either right on start-up or after a few mins, the game restarts my PC....
  4. Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...: Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording issue is set to come out? Every time I press start recording it immediately stops the recording. I’ve been...
  5. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  6. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix this? (0x87dd001a): I cant load up anything or connect to xbox live. Everytime i try this error code comes up (0x87dd001a) Anyone got any solutions 667671f2-992d-483f-87aa-5f2fc507a9da
  8. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  9. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  10. Anyone know how to fix game clips recordings looking grey and washed out?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Anyone know how to fix game clips recordings looking grey and washed out?: [img] For some reason everytime I clip a video and upload to the Xbox network it comes out all grey like the HDR has been removed, I have game clip setting at "Record 4K HDR" on a 4K HDR TV but...