Anyone elses Xbox app stuck in a opening loop on PC?

Discus and support Anyone elses Xbox app stuck in a opening loop on PC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A couple months ago my Xbox app stopped opening, it is stuck in a loading state and can stay there for hours without resolve. I have uninstalled it,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chandler Schaefer, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Anyone elses Xbox app stuck in a opening loop on PC?

A couple months ago my Xbox app stopped opening, it is stuck in a loading state and can stay there for hours without resolve. I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, repaired it, updated it etc. I also went into the services within my PC and enabled all of the Xbox services to always run. I think it was a Windows Update that caused it to stop working but not sure which one so I could roll it back. Any suggestions?

:)

Chandler Schaefer, Oct 30, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Chandler, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with the Xbox app on your PC. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Restart gaming services: Go to Windows services, search for “Gaming services,” and click “Restart.”
    Restart your PC: Sometimes a simple restart can solve many problems.
    Check network problems: Check if there are any problems with your Internet connection.
    Set the correct date and time: Make sure your system's date and time are set correctly.
    Run the Windows Store troubleshooter: You can find this option in Windows Settings.
    Reset and repair the Xbox app: Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features, select the Xbox app, click Advanced, then click Reset.
    Clear the Microsoft Store cache: Open the command prompt as administrator and enter the command wsreset.exe.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  3. iPyrrhus Win User

Xbox PC App: 'We Couldn't Sign You in to Xbox Live (0x80004005)' When Already Signed in Preventing Me from Playing Games

Unfortunately neither of these worked...and for a while solution 1 put me in a loop. After removing RegEdit services, I got stuck in the following loop: Launch game from Xbox app->Windows Store prompt telling me it needs to install Game Services utility->Install Game Services utility in Windows Store->Try again to launch a game in Xbox app->Again opens Windows Store to install Game Services even though it was already installed->Repeat.

Fortunately I fixed that loop with step one of solution 2 (repairing Gaming Services function in the Windows settings>applications tab), but anyone else be warned that if you don't do that part too, the app will get stuck without Game Services able to run, then you can't launch any Xbox app games.

Anyway, yes, back to square one: Still getting the same Xbox Live Sign-In error when launching Wolfenstein after attempting both of those solutions. :(
  4. XXadventureXX81 Win User

Gear of war 4 packs

I can now open my loot crates. How I did it was I went into my character selection screen and I scrapped one of my character. So I think if someone tries that it should allow you to open your loot crates and buy things from the in game store with your credits.
    I think my profile was stuck on an infinite loop and once I created scrap then it stopped the infinite loop and put my profile back to normal. So I hope that helps anyone else that was having that problem.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?

Hi BCShark, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear it.

Have you tried to run a system scan?

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Type this command: sfc /scannow

Press Enter.

If any error is found, follow the prompts to fix it.

Then use the DISM command.

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then, repair the Xbox App:

Please, repair the XBOX app installation:

Press the Windows Key+X > Select Apps > Search for XBOX > Advanced > Repair

Let me know if it works!
  6. uppyb0t Win User

Xbox One Keeps opening old Groove Music app when streaming to Xbox One

Hello,

I was the one that posted in the link that the OP provides.

Basically, when you try to 'Cast to Device' from your PC, it will cause the Xbox to open the Store and install the Groove App (which is already installed).

Once you install the App, it prompts you to download an update. Once you do that and try to stream again, it puts you through the exact same process until you give up.

There may be some people out there forever trying to stream constantly stuck in this loop. We need to help them or they may die from starvation!
Thema:

1. Anyone elses Xbox app stuck in a opening loop on PC? - Similar Threads - Anyone elses app

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?: I have recently connected to Startlink and have just tried to connect XBox series X to the Internet. Now I can't see any videos or images in the xbox store. I notice there is an outage for the...
  4. Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen: Youtube app keeps crashing de16a5f1-9a99-4ee8-927a-be1ea2eebf97
  5. Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?: Its been crashing and freezing when I play Football Manager 24, I've downloaded the new app from the app store and all I get is ablack screen with the xbox sign and nothing else :(...
  6. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...
  7. Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.: I know that there was some dolby vision overlay on top of 1080p content that for the most part wasn't too bad. However the movies were always very distinctly 1080p so in a lot of darker scenes the...
  8. Is anyone elses xbox saying they are on home when they are on youtube and other apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone elses xbox saying they are on home when they are on youtube and other apps: My xbox has been saying im on home when im on youtube any fixes ca5528f5-ecab-4e66-abeb-7a719a125ead
  9. Does anyone else have a issue with the Newsmax app not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone else have a issue with the Newsmax app not working?: Is anyone else having an issue with their Newsmax app not working? ae9e271e-be0f-4145-b409-8d33e315e61b
  10. anyone else getting error code 0xd05e0123? PC XBOX APP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    anyone else getting error code 0xd05e0123? PC XBOX APP: It started when I tried to uninstall Fallout 76 through the app but it gave me this error code. So I ignored it and tried downloading tetris but since fallout wasn't able to uninstall, it was...