Anyone else having constant UPnP and connectivity issues?

Discus and support Anyone else having constant UPnP and connectivity issues? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X and I’m starting to have constant WiFi connection issues during online gaming over the past few weeks. Kicks me out of multiplayer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BH22_, Oct 20, 2023.

1. BH22_
    BH22_ Guest

I have an Xbox One X and I’m starting to have constant WiFi connection issues during online gaming over the past few weeks. Kicks me out of multiplayer games. Never had an issue before. Says NAT type is moderate and UPnP is not available. I have to constantly test NAT type to get it to open. I have done the troubleshooting steps on Xbox support and IT IS NOT my router and I have verified with Verizon Fios!! I have no other issues streaming or online play on any other device. Any suggestions?

:)

BH22_, Oct 20, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi BH22_,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox One X's WiFi connection during online gaming. I'll do my best to help you resolve this issue.

Firstly, let's address the NAT type and UPnP issues you're experiencing. A moderate NAT type means that your Xbox is able to connect to other players, but some functions may be limited. UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is a feature that allows devices on a network to automatically open the necessary ports for online gaming and other applications. If UPnP is not available, you may need to manually open the necessary ports on your router.

To resolve these issues, I recommend the following steps:

1. Restart your Xbox One X and your router. This can often resolve connectivity issues.

2. Check your router's settings to ensure that UPnP is enabled. If it's not, you may need to manually open the necessary ports for Xbox Live. Microsoft has a list of the necessary ports on their support website. Learn more: Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

3. If you're still experiencing issues, you may want to consider using a wired connection instead of WiFi. A wired connection is generally more stable and reliable for online gaming.

You may check this support article for more information about UPnP. Learn more: “UPnP Not Successful” appears in your network settings | Xbox Support

I hope this will help you. We look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Hello BH22, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

The first is to disconnect the Xbox and then connect it to the main router. By doing so you will see that you can enter the games without problem.

The second way would be to make a physical connection with an Ethernet cable (to the primary router), the third way is to configure that secondary router to work as the switches.
    At that moment it will be necessary to verify that the console uses UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), sometimes what happens is that this option is disabled.

Another alternative is to assign a fixed or static IP address to the console

You can find more solutions in the following link
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

Best regards.
  4. RichieB_ Win User

Hello BH22_,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. SluggishNut Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

My adapter loses connection constantly and I can't hear anyone or be heard by anyone. I have to shut my X1 off completely and restart it for the adapter to work. Anyone else have this problem? Oh and I'm using X12's with the DSS converter. It worked fine
    at first, but constant problems since March 9th. A couple friends experiencing this same issue.
  6. Alchemist Don Win User

youtube app update

Anyone else having constant freezing after downloading this new update?
Thema:

1. Anyone else having constant UPnP and connectivity issues? - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Is anyone else having issues using xbox LFG on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is anyone else having issues using xbox LFG on pc?: When i open up xbox game bar on my pc and open up the lfg widget, it says "launch game to see available groups to join" even though i already have my game open. It works some days and others it...
  4. Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?: My X-Box 360 won't allow me to upload my profile and my Series X won't allow me to sign into X-Box Live on 360 games. I tried toggling my recurring payment for Gamepass Ultimate. Deleted my...
  5. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  8. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  9. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  10. Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue: im in a party with my girlfriend then it keeps disconnecting with the error code 95614660-5b61-403d-aae3-8a8546eac6b8