anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

Discus and support anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by II DRTYDAWG II, Dec 31, 2023.

1. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a problem with the network adaptors in the series x but microsoft are not saying anything about it. sometimes it will connect no problem, most of the time it will give me a number of different reasons why it cant connect or log in to my profile etc. all instantly resolve when taking the ethernet cable out and going to wireless connection.

im trying to push the game store i bought these from to bring up the issue with microsoft, but they are dragging their feet and just more worried about losing money over giving me a replacement again or a refund.

:)

II DRTYDAWG II, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet cables, but will instantly connect via wifi?

Hi, II my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I know you have too much experience in the technology camp, but are you sure than the problem is the connector of the xbox? you tested your Ethernet cable with another device and this works correctly? i'm just supposing because you don't give me too much details.

Let me know your answer and i will try to help you
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Two brand new Series X. One failing on hard wired connection.

Hello MarkMVP I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

It's frustrating to hear that you're experiencing wired connection issues on one of your Xbox Series X consoles.

Make sure the Ethernet cable you are using is in good condition and not damaged. Try using a different Ethernet cable to rule out problems with the cable itself.

Check the router/switch port Make sure the port you are connecting the Xbox Series X console to is healthy and working properly. You can try connecting another device to the same port to see if you experience similar problems.

Check the network settings on the Xbox Series X console. Make sure it is set to use a wired connection and that there are no incorrect or conflicting settings. You can try to reset the network settings in the console and configure it again.

If possible, try connecting the Xbox Series This can help you determine if the problem is related to your local network configuration.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. D3AthRob ACE Win User

Xbox series x Ethernet port broken?

Hi all,

It’s not a new question I know, but is there any fix for the Ethernet port problem with the Series X planned?

I can see questions ranging back from release and it is making the unit completely frustrating to use. Any time it powers down, it disconnects from Ethernet upon restart and takes a long period of restarts, resets and unplugging to reconnect again.

It seems to be particularly bad when in energy saving mode, where it won’t connect at all. I’ve tried every way of resolving the problem but it simply reoccurs immediately afterwards and never stays connected for long.

Microsoft must be aware - are they planning a fix? Is it a hardware/firmware problem? Are all series x’s doing this?
    I'm having the same problem. Unplugged my series x and played on another console, plugged my series x in and couldn't connect to internet using ethernet port. Wireless works fine. Did everything to diagnose the problem. Called Microsoft and I'm barely 2 months out of my warranty, go figure. Read up on this problem and we are definitely not the only ones dealing with wonky ethernet ports. Wish I had a answer for ya bud.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Transfer games with ethernet cable directly between xbox one xbox series x

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

Transferring games directly between Xbox One and Xbox Series X consoles using an Ethernet cable is a feature known as "console streaming." It is designed to allow you to play games on your Xbox Series X that you own on your Xbox One, without having to wait for the game to download to your new console. However, this feature can be somewhat finicky and may not always work as expected.

The reason it's not working now could be caused by a number of reasons, such as:

The Xbox Series X may have a newer firmware version that is not compatible with the Xbox One's version.

The ethernet cable may be faulty or not properly connected.

The Xbox Series X may have been connected to the internet in the meantime, and that broke the direct connection.

To try to resolve the issue, you can try the following steps:

Check that both consoles are on the same network, and that the ethernet cable is properly connected to both consoles.

Check that the ethernet cable is not damaged or malfunctioning.

Check that both consoles are on the latest firmware version, and update them if necessary.

Make sure that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on your mobile device as well.

Try to reset the network settings on both consoles by going to Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > Reset network settings.
  6. KyIronHorseman Win User

anyone having issues with the series or one s connecting by ethernet only an not wfi?

yes i have done all the above..if i have it connected via ethernet it is fne but when i go to use the wifi it wont work,,says console is connected but when i try to access my games says a connection error,,, does it on my series s and my xbox one s .. and a friends series x is doing it
Thema:

anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

1. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet... - Similar Threads - anyone else problem

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  4. Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?: help - I cannot connect with Xbox live/game pass - I am hard wired bb5d908e-4a1a-4c6b-b9bb-c4cd20fdc979
  5. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...
  6. Anyone else of this same problem with accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone else of this same problem with accounts?: Why on earth is Microsoft asking for a password for an account I have not made yet?!? I’m trying to make a new account so I don’t have restrictions I can’t get rid of and didn’t even put in there...
  7. Xbox x will not play next gen games. Anyone else have this problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox x will not play next gen games. Anyone else have this problem.: Games with scarlett file name keep crashing. 28751b5d-ef23-441b-b46d-b100fd036ba3
  8. Are anyone else experiencing problems with the friends and family pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Are anyone else experiencing problems with the friends and family pass?: I have purchased the friends and family pass for a couple of months now and all of a sudden it doesn't work, anyone experiencing the same problem, if so how do I fix it?...
  9. Ultimate Word Games daily challenge won't open. Anyone else have this problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ultimate Word Games daily challenge won't open. Anyone else have this problem?: In Ultimate Word Games, starting today July 28th, I cannot open the daily challenge. Has anyone else had this problem? fdcb0298-194d-443f-a654-5a531aa38172
  10. is anyone else having problems with Diablo 4 preorder items not showing up?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is anyone else having problems with Diablo 4 preorder items not showing up?: My battle pass & my horse from the preorder are not showing up [img] [img] [img] 7219004e-5cf5-4cee-a471-14a7d839f0f3