Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

Discus and support Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I posted on this some time ago so I thought I'd give the issue another bump. PlayStation since they implemented Dolby Atmos has had zero problems with... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Leatherface24, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

I posted on this some time ago so I thought I'd give the issue another bump. PlayStation since they implemented Dolby Atmos has had zero problems with audio lag either through receiver or earc through TV. As for Xbox, the issue is very apparent and was brought up some time ago. Anyone from Xbox have any insight on this? I'd love to be able to hook my Xbox up through my TV instead of through my receiver.

submitted by /u/Leatherface24
    [link] [comments]

/u/Leatherface24, Jan 29, 2024
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  3. bladerunnin Win User

Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and Astro A50)

Under Speaker audio in the Audio output settings of the Xbox, try turning off Optical audio while leaving HDMI audio on Bitstream out, then under Bitstream format select Dolby Atmos for HT. When wanting to use the headsets, turn off HDMI audio and then put
    Optical audio on Bitstream out, then under the format choose Dolby Digital (Astro A50) or DTS Surround (TB Elite 800X).
    Hey Diego,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I appreciate you taking time to explain how the audio signal is processed by the various devices in my chain. I just got home and was able to try your suggestions...

It doesn't work.

Once the base station is connected to the Xbox via USB, Dolby Atmos is automatically disabled and cannot be re-enabled no matter what settings I apply. My Audio Output settings are:

- HDMI Audio -> Bitstream Out

- Optical Audio -> Off

- Bitstream Format ->Any attempt to select Dolby Atmos yields the message "For Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, you need to be using HDMI. Dolby Atmos for HT only supports HDMI devices. Try unplugging any headsets or optical headset base stations." and both
    DTS and Dolby Digital are selectable.

In other words, turning Optical Audio to OFF does not make the Xbox ignore the base station...so Atmos is still not useable.

Your suggestion makes perfect logical sense and that is exactly how it should work. But the Xbox doesn't seem to behave logically in this instance.

Do you have any other advice?
  4. Emil.Dahl Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed)

The Xbox audio settings I have available are as follows:

HDMI audio:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Dolby Digital

* Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

Headset Format:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Windows Sonic for Headphones

* Dolby Atmos for Headphones

* DTS Headphone:X

Tried all of them. Nothing helped.
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  6. NeedABeer2Play Win User

Atmos only outputs Multichannel

So after following up with the Dolby Access support team, apparently games aren't supported on home theater, only on headphones:

"Unfortunately, Games encoded with Dolby Atmos audio are not compatible with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, as they are specifically configured for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If the content you are experiencing is not compatible with the app you are
    using, then audio will cease, or will simply output as regular stereo output.

To clarify, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is included at no charge with any Dolby Atmos supported hardware, such as a receiver or Xbox One X, and is used to activate Dolby Atmos features via HDMI connection for a Dolby Atmos certified AVR, soundbar,
    or TV."

"Unfortunately, the version of Dolby Atmos included with your Xbox is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, which is not compliant with any gaming content."

It kind of strikes me as hard to believe, or that this won't be addressed, but that's what they're saying for now. That said, it still isn't working for me for Netflix content either, so I'm going continue troubleshooting with them and see what's doable
    and what's not. Fingers crossed.
Thema:

Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

1. Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag? - Similar Threads - word Dolby Atmos

2. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  3. Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny: Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny 07ce3447-e72a-45b0-81a6-ef390f0e0922
  4. Someone messaged me calling a word I would not like to say.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone messaged me calling a word I would not like to say.: I put it under immediate harm to person or property. I was just wondering if would get suspended for putting under the wrong problem? e3c2fef2-42a0-440b-800a-9c1ff6d87144
  5. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won’t load....

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won’t load....: MUWG Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won't load. After the ad the program shuts down. Windows 10. ec18e123-345b-4092-8d7f-e2b678002816
  6. steam build word frozen at start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    steam build word frozen at start up: im doing games on pc edge win 11. Game just started doing that for me as well. uninstalled, reinstalled. I click on tabs and nothing its frozen at the main screen. Nothing responds to clicking or...
  7. Why are Microsoft Ultimate Word Games not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are Microsoft Ultimate Word Games not loading: For the last few weeks, MUWG was taking 2-3 minutes to load. Today, it shows a splash screen and then...nothing. I have tried resetting the app, but it still won't load....
  8. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  9. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  10. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games slow loading, hangs, crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games slow loading, hangs, crashes.: On a Win11 PC, Microsoft Ultimate Word Games. Since the last update the program is very slow to load (it stays on the MUWG revolving blocks for over a minute.) During gameplay it can slow down,...