Any way to fix the left joystick.. when pressed in not working at all?

Discus and support Any way to fix the left joystick.. when pressed in not working at all? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Left joystick not working at all when being pushed in. In gta can't lay mines behind vehicles.. far cry 6 supposed to press in for auto drive. Won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jeremy77542, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Jeremy77542
    Jeremy77542 Guest

Left joystick not working at all when being pushed in. In gta can't lay mines behind vehicles.. far cry 6 supposed to press in for auto drive. Won't wont.. any help

:)

Jeremy77542, Apr 3, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with the joystick problem.

If this is a problem with the software, you can try checking for an update if the controllers needs one.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is already up to date, you can also try reverting the firmware:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

But if this is already a problem with the joystick itself, then it would already need a service. Check for warranty options here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
  3. RyanDonnelly Win User

Icon is for which button on controller?

As onyx62is said, press your left joystick down. If you see one for the R press your right joystick down :) Happy gaming!
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Does pressing my left joystick causes joystick drift or any other problem?

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

No, pressing your left joystick doesn't cause joystick drift or any other problems.

Hope this helps
  5. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

Sorry, asking again if there’s a way to set the adaptive joystick up so that when I click the adaptive joystick, the left thumb stick ( which it is plugged into the left usb port) will act as if I clicked the left thumb stick. I saw something in settings
    to set as shift but am not sure what that is. So if anyone knows how to set the adaptive joystick to click the left thumb stick, please let me in on the secret. They really left a lot of options out. They obviously didn’t work close with people with disabilities,
    as why would you want a joystick that doesn’t function exactly as the thumb stick you’re replacing/taking over.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Netflix sign in query.

Try pressing the in on the left joystick to adjust between caps and lower case letters
Thema:

1. Any way to fix the left joystick.. when pressed in not working at all? - Similar Threads - fix left joystick

2. How do you fix deadzone on left joystick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix deadzone on left joystick?: When I move up on my joystick, it doesn't register but when I move any other direction, it does register. 38f6bee9-0ca1-47b0-b455-71d5e0cc6fa6
  3. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  4. Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...: When I noticed it started to not work I tried to remove the bumper button but damaged it and now I'm worried if it is still going to be under warranty. 8e32780d-71e9-4eaf-88fd-969f19598914
  5. How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work: I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the Xbox accessories app and when I try to move...
  6. How to fix my Xbox after the update left it on black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix my Xbox after the update left it on black screen?: On the last update it broke my Xbox One XS it will not update from a thumb drive offline What can I do to get my Xbox fixed bcb638c8-a102-4c44-92da-7b7e4d3c370a
  7. need to fix the cloud gaming menu because if I swipe LEFT by accident I have to wait...

in XBoX on Consoles
    need to fix the cloud gaming menu because if I swipe LEFT by accident I have to wait...: Fix the cloud gaming waiting muen Everytime I swipe left by accident I have to wait through the queue times all over again like why fix it and now I gotta wait 85 minutes...
  8. has MS acknowledged or posted a fix for the Mouse issue (can't right +left click)

in XBoX on Consoles
    has MS acknowledged or posted a fix for the Mouse issue (can't right +left click): There are a bunch of posts in the Xbox subreddit about this, not sure if limited to Series X/S but we are unable to both right-click and left-click at the same time... you know, how you aim and...
  9. How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.: left joist stick is giving me drift problems on current blue controller and other blue controller the RB button doesn't work. 2f012bce-9e74-4bf1-8ee0-5646d5c2a9f1
  10. How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...: My left analog stick doesn’t work when I press it down and my up on the d-pad doesn’t work either. I haven’t used my controller or been on my xbox for a while and I don’t think anything has...