Any way to connect an older 360 to an Xbox One?

Discus and support Any way to connect an older 360 to an Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I literally have a 360 that I bought 3 months after it came out and that sucker is still running great. But it didn't come with the HDMI input, which I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by minkstole, Dec 1, 2014.

1. minkstole
    minkstole Guest

I literally have a 360 that I bought 3 months after it came out and that sucker is still running great. But it didn't come with the HDMI input, which I know I could use that to connect it to my brand new Xbox One. Is there any sort of adapter I could get
    to resolve this?

:)

minkstole, Dec 1, 2014
  2. kev162
    kev162 Guest
    Unable to connect to Xbox Live

I have recently purchased a new xbox 360 E to replace my old xbox 360 (white version). The new xbox will not connect to xbox live, although it does connect to the internet. I re-networked the older xbox and it connected without any problem.

I have checked the support forums and worked my way through the various suggestions i found, but these have not worked either.

There is also an xbox360S and and xbox one which both connect without a problem.

The router is a Sky HUB Sr102

kev162, Dec 1, 2014
  3. My xbox live connects to my old xbox 360 but not my new one

I bought a new xbox 360 last weekend and ever since I've had it doesn't connect to xbox live, it says ''MTU error''.

However, when I use my old xbox 360 it connects with no problems.

also my new xbox 360 has the old dashboard if that matters any.

xMMx LilBecker, Dec 1, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Yes, you'll need to head to an electronics/computer store and purchase a component to HDMI converter for the box.

onyxishere, Dec 2, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Yes, you'll need to head to an electronics/computer store and purchase a component to HDMI converter for the box.
  6. ES x JBrown XE Win User

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning wont download.

It's an Xbox 360 console and it's the older model (the white one), hard drive is 50GB and I connect via wireless.
  7. NY Gamer115 Win User

2 Xbox360's Only 1 Can Connect to Xbox Live

More Testing points to the idea that the New 360 S need to have a different connection setting than any other 360 on the network. If the Old 360 Reads Open NAT, then the New one needs to read Moderate or such and Vice Versa. Then Both can exist in harmony;
    While the Older Models (Last Year's S Model and Older) can exist in tandem no matter the connection. There has to be something changed in the New 360 S!
  8. WPAK Win User

Is there anyway to sign in and use Xbox Live without having to update

Hi there,

when you connect to Xbox Live you are required to update to the latest dashboard update, there is no way to stay on an older update when connecting to Xbox Live.

See this link for any other steps to try when experiencing update issues:
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-update-help
    like via for example usb.

Let us know the results
  9. GLaDOS62 Win User

How to choose revert dashboard on xbox one

Only way is to buy a older one that hasn't been connected to the internet in the past few weeks and never connect it.
Thema:

1. Any way to connect an older 360 to an Xbox One? - Similar Threads - connect older 360

2. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  3. unsupported when i connect mi xbox to mi Inves tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    unsupported when i connect mi xbox to mi Inves tv: hi everyone i have a question that you all heard at least one time here, i dont know why when i connected mi xbox one to mi tv it appears "unsupported" i already tried it all,fabric reset, normal...
  4. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  5. How do i get better connection with my games so I don't lag out

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get better connection with my games so I don't lag out: How do I get better connection for my Game 4688434d-a986-4c3f-91cb-f7edbde9c348
  6. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  8. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  9. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  10. How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8): I have a how to video on how i fixed my problem last night. I bought an older used Elite 360 and didnt think it doesnt have a wireless adapter built in. So after hours searching thru forums and...