Any option to enable Xbox Game Bar to only stay on desktop.

Discus and support Any option to enable Xbox Game Bar to only stay on desktop. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, When I'm not gaming, I would like xbox game bar to stay on desktop when I'm browsing web or other application, is this feature possible? Thank... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by revenant8711, Nov 8, 2023.

1. revenant8711
    revenant8711 Guest

Hi,

When I'm not gaming, I would like xbox game bar to stay on desktop when I'm browsing web or other application, is this feature possible?

Thank you.

:)

revenant8711, Nov 8, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Revenant8711, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10/11 lets you have various Xbox gaming activities at your fingertips

To keep Xbox Game Bar on your desktop while browsing the web or another app, you can follow these steps:

Press Windows logo key + G to open the Game Bar above your game, app, or desktop

Select the Menu Widget icon to open a list of activities to choose from

Scroll to Settings and press the A button

From the Control Bar menu, select "Show open widgets on the desktop when the Control Bar is open"

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

spotify widget keep blocking the way on other apps

Hi Itzwolfplayz! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you pin the widget it will be displayed on top of any other app, that's how it works, you can't pin it to just stay on the desktop and tht other apps stay above it, Xbox game bar doesn't have that option, you can make configure the transparency on it so you can see trough it but it will remain on top of everything
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Game Bar "Enable" option not saving

Hi Vert3x,

Hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up your concern.

Kindly let us know if you still have issue by posting a reply.

Kind regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

You're most welcome, Vert3x.

Just to confirm, is the Xbox Game bar cannot be toggle as enabled on PC Settings (in newly created user profile)?

There is what we call the registry that you can check but we would suggest you to be careful modifying it and backup is also a must to redo changes. But before we proceed to check if there is a way to do that on registry, would you mind checking this thread if will help? Can't enable game bar - Microsoft Community

You may try this on the newly created user profile if your answer is yes on the question above. Here are the troubleshooting suggested on that thread:

Method 1: Run troubleshooter

The Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues regarding applications downloaded from the Windows Store. Click this Use a fix-it tool with Windows 10 to proceed.

Method 2: Check for updates for the app and the device

See Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store and How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10 for the steps.

Method 3: Perform a clean boot

To eliminate software conflicts, kindly follow the steps provided on this How to perform a clean boot in Windows on how to perform a clean boot.

Method 4: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app can help resolve corrupted installation files. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start > All apps > Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right-click Windows PowerShell and click More > Run as Administrator.
    3. In the Windows PowerShell window, copy and paste the following command: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    5. Click this Get Xbox Console Companion and download the Xbox app.
    Method 5: Reset the Xbox app.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps & features.
    4. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.
    6. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    7. Launch the Xbox app and check if the same instance occurs.
    Again, just leave a reply if this works or not. šŸ˜Š

Kind regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for your swift answer, Vert3x.

If enabling Xbox Game Bar is still not possible, then kindly try to create new user profile on your computer. Next, check the Settings of the new user profile, if the Xbox Game bar is enabled. Try using the combination of Windows + G and customizing the Xbox Game Bar shortcuts.

Guide: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

Let me know if this works.

Kind regards,

Thema:

1. Any option to enable Xbox Game Bar to only stay on desktop. - Similar Threads - option enable Game

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I donā€™t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address: I currently live somewhere in the NMI (Northern Mariana Islands), and the state is not shown as an option when I am required to make a profile/billing address to check out. This makes it...
  4. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  5. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  6. How to enable multiplayer option

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to enable multiplayer option: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus DatenschutzgrĆ¼nden entfernt. *** 40398c6d-d68f-4bcc-bf34-84ee8265fa87
  7. My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.: Since I presented this problem approximately 2 weeks ago I have tried 5 different headphones with their microphones and the problem seems to have no solution. When I go to the configuration it...
  8. Error while trying to enable developer options on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error while trying to enable developer options on Xbox One X: Hello, I am trying to enable Developer Mode and I got Error Code 0x80159611 once I enable Developer mode. a7f908a5-44a1-4113-b1bd-585763075e6e
  9. I am on Xbox one Minecraft(it's bedrock edition) I have no option to enable crossplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am on Xbox one Minecraft(it's bedrock edition) I have no option to enable crossplay: I can try to add people from PlayStation and it shows up BUT it just does a loading symbol when I press add friend and never does it. My settings dont have the cross player options like others and...
  10. Enable LAN streaming option on Xbox App

in XboX Insiders
    Enable LAN streaming option on Xbox App: I would like to propose an idea. As a xbox console companion has stopped working for streaming on the lan. Why not enable the option to connect to the PC through the local network in the xbox app...