Any fixes to stop xbox from disconnecting from internet for around 5 seconds?

Discus and support Any fixes to stop xbox from disconnecting from internet for around 5 seconds? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My Xbox Series X will every couple hours disconnect from the internet, kicking me from my party and online game. This happens for around 5... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WillGev, Feb 29, 2024.

1. WillGev
    WillGev Guest

Hello,

My Xbox Series X will every couple hours disconnect from the internet, kicking me from my party and online game. This happens for around 5 seconds, then I'm back online. As you may know this can be very frustrating as I'm usually in the middle of the game! I'd say majority of the time this happens on Warzone (as I mainly play this) but has happened on FC24 too so don't believe it's a game issue.

I've tried clearing local game data, restarting the xbox and keeping the games etc. on stuff I've seen online but alas nothing has seemed to work.

I don't believe it is my wifi as everything else seems to stay connected, eg. laptop, phone etc.

I use wireless wifi as I am unable to run an ethernet to my xbox.

Was just wondering if anyone has had this issue, or if they managed to fix it.

:)

WillGev, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi WillGev, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Kranitoko Win User

Titanfall won't play on XBOX One after install.

Chances are, you can't open any of your games now. Just spoken to support and this is how I fixed it:

1. Turn off your Xbox One.

2. Take out the plug from its socket for 30 seconds.

3. Reinsert the plug.

4. Turn on your console.

5. Disconnect from the internet.

- Now see if you can play any other game apart from titanfall.

If yes, now re-connect to the internet and try titanfall (the game wont open without the internet)

If no, call up support.

If titanfall now works, then yay.

If not, call up support.

=]
  4. TalipedTrain Win User

my game keeps saying installing stoped at 3.6% and will not go any farther then that ive tryed everthing nothing works the game is ark survival

try to do basic trouble shooting like unplugging your router for 5 seconds do internet tests or try to nat type tests disconnect your internet form your xbox maybe try to stop the download and restart it.
  5. Eeprom Prophet Win User

Can't connect to Xbox Live!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes thats it. Until Mediacom fixes the problem the only solution is to :

1. disconnect the modem ethernet cable from the wan port on the router

2. disconnect the ethernet cable that runs from the xbox to the router ( unplug from the back of the xbox)

3. plug the cable you disconnected in step one into the back of the xbox

4. Reset the cable modem (unplug power for 30 seconds then pug it back in)

5. You now have xbox live (all other devices will have no internet access)

To restore your network do the cable swaps in reverse and then reset your cable modem. Wait for 30 seconds after it is reconnected then do the same for your router.

I hope they fix the problem soon :(

I have some theories on what is happening but at this point it's only guessing.
  6. Skydog91 Win User

It has been 24 hours of xbox live disconnection problem :(

I don't think the disconnecting thing has to do with todays event. It was occurring 2 days ago.

And my internet before that was fine, have restarted router and tried fixing stuff, but nothing works to stop it from disconnecting randomly.
Thema:

1. Any fixes to stop xbox from disconnecting from internet for around 5 seconds? - Similar Threads - fixes stop disconnecting

2. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  3. How can i fix this installation stopped loop?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i fix this installation stopped loop?: I tried playing call of duty and when i tried to launch the game there would be an error that says “there was a problem launching this game or app” and i would then uninstall then reinstall the...
  4. How do I fix the installation when it keeps stopping?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the installation when it keeps stopping?: I have been trying to download a xbox game but the installation keeps stopping. I've restarted my xbox, I've canceled the download and downloaded it again, and it still doesn't work. How do I fix...
  5. pc Xbox dongle has stopped working and a new one and the device manger fix hasn't worked

in XBoX on Consoles
    pc Xbox dongle has stopped working and a new one and the device manger fix hasn't worked: using a dongle for bt connection to pc, one day it stopped working while using it its old whatever. brought a new one and tride with that no luck traded concing to my phone, strataway worked try...
  6. How do I fix installation stop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix installation stop: Hello I am having a little bit of a problem with my Xbox when ever I get a new game for instance cod mw 3 each time that I go to install it all I get is installation stoped plz help me with this...
  7. Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fix for XSX download stopping and starting?: My XSX is a year old and always consistently downloaded at a decent speed of 150-200Mbps. Now it starts at that usual speed and slowly drops to a complete pause of the installation within a...
  8. How to fix installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix installation stopped: Okay hi I've been having problems for awhile with this Xbox and I wondering how do i fix this problem, the problem is when im trying to update call of duty it wont update. It won't even start but...
  9. how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7: how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7 free fire max pc version doesn"t install on my pc 50d16e4a-5171-4e9f-811e-a583a8cc19b5
  10. Installation stop error how do I fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stop error how do I fix it: Every game I download it tell me installation stop n ask me restart the Xbox but it still says the same thing 8c1b21e1-284c-48cc-ab89-2dfa48a58825