Any fix for error code 0x87e00196?

Discus and support Any fix for error code 0x87e00196? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I've tried to install a game on the Xbox app since I got a new SSD the error code above pops up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Keyon Wolber, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Keyon Wolber
    Keyon Wolber Guest

Every time I've tried to install a game on the Xbox app since I got a new SSD the error code above pops up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times as well as resetting and repairing the app in my system setting, but nothing has worked so far.

:)

Keyon Wolber, Oct 27, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hello Keyon Wolber,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Keyon Wolber,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are experiencing an error code 0x87e00196 while trying to install a game on the Xbox app after getting a new SSD. I will be happy to assist you with this issue.

Error code 0x87e00196 usually occurs when there is a problem with the Xbox Live service or when there is an issue with the game installation. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can follow to resolve this issue:

1. Reset the Microsoft Store: Resetting the Microsoft Store can also help resolve issues with game installations. To do this, follow these steps:

- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

- Type "wsreset.exe" (without quotes) and press Enter.

- Wait for the command to complete, and then try installing the game again.

2. Reinstall the Xbox app: If none of the above steps work, you can try reinstalling the Xbox app. To do this, follow these steps:

- Press the Windows key + X and select "Apps and Features".

- Locate the Xbox app and click on it.

- Click on "Uninstall" and follow the on-screen instructions.

- Once the app is uninstalled, restart your computer.

- Go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

- Try installing the game again.

3. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. Copy and Past the command below and then press Enter after each one.

-To uninstall gaming services: get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    - To reinstall: start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

If the issue still persist after the troubleshooting steps above. Please check this support article that might help you out: Error 0x87e00196 occurs when you try to manage a game on Windows | Xbox Support

I hope the steps above will help you to fix your issue. We look forward for your response.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. ThatBlueLlama Win User

Sign in button on Xbox PC app not working?

Luckily, I didn't have to do that as just recently it has started working perfectly fine again. However, now whenever I try to download any games via the app it gives me the error code 0x87e00196. I have followed the instructions on this page Error 0x87e00196 occurs when you try to manage a game on Windows | Xbox Support but that gave me another error code (0x80070002). I believe it might be linked to some of the stuff we tried to fix the previous issue so any help would be appreciated.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Resolve error code 0x87e00196

6. Jamie_Ish Win User

This location isnt set up for installing games.....

Okay so fixed that issue by unticking "ask me for install options on every install" but now get an error code "0x87e00196" trying to install anything
Thema:

1. Any fix for error code 0x87e00196? - Similar Threads - fix error code

2. What is the error code 0x87e10032, and how to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the error code 0x87e10032, and how to fix it?: I woke up this morning to try to play some games on my xbox one s console, and recently my console has been slow, having lots of menu lag (takes 15 minutes to load one menu), and games crash uppon...
  3. How Do You Fix Error Code E100 00000703 80910002 On The Original Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do You Fix Error Code E100 00000703 80910002 On The Original Xbox One?: I had given my Xbox One Original to my younger brothers. Everything had been working normal for a couple months until they told asked me for help. I turned on the Xbox and it gets stuck on 77%...
  4. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  5. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  6. how do I fix error code 0x8007041d

in XBoX on Windows
    how do I fix error code 0x8007041d: I am getting this code every time I use the Xbox App on my PC and its trying to update the app I think?? Can't use the app coz of this. Please help!! 449d8cf8-9ed1-4b4c-a404-64f03590ccf1
  7. how to fix error code 0x8027025a

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix error code 0x8027025a: everytime i try playing my external storage games this code always pops up and it starts bugging my xbox and its literally unplayable 52eafcc1-2bc1-4132-8c26-275d9030b71f
  8. How do i fix error code 0x80070002.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix error code 0x80070002.: When i try to download a game or an app from xbox app/microsoft store there is always the error 0x80070002. I had this for a couple of months and it does not fix itself. I would really like to...
  9. Can I fix error code 0x82323002 with out resetting or restarting my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I fix error code 0x82323002 with out resetting or restarting my xbox: I need help, everytime i try to clip a video or record a video i get a error code (0x82323002) and i don't know what it is. I found that someone asked this same question and they got a answer so I...
  10. how to fix error code 0x80073d0f

in XBoX on Windows
    how to fix error code 0x80073d0f: So, this my first time getting an error message. I've tried a full shutdown and restarting but it still says Try launching again shortly if home still won't try reinstalling it should fix the...