Any cord cutters use a PVR?

Discus and support Any cord cutters use a PVR? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Re-cutting my cord soon, Time-Warner is just not worth it, and since the One doesn't seem to have any plans to support media center, does anyone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Awesomerrificus, May 14, 2014.

1. Any cord cutters use a PVR?

Re-cutting my cord soon, Time-Warner is just not worth it, and since the One doesn't seem to have any plans to support media center, does anyone recommend an HD antenna PVR combo that works with the One's IR blaster?

:)

Awesomerrificus, May 14, 2014
  2. eryoung
    eryoung Guest
    UFC App

Any word or rumors or anything on this app? Finally sold my 360 so starting to get worried about missing the upcoming PPV events (cord cutters/ no cable or satellite)

Thank you and take care,

Eddie

eryoung, May 14, 2014
  3. Xbox One digital TV tuner

How do cord cutters watch sports channels? Just wondering since the ESPN app doesn't work like I thought it would.

Flint SithLord, May 14, 2014
  4. BUCMASTER
    BUCMASTER Guest

YES! The only clear choice at this point is the Mediasonic Homeworx HW150PVR. It works great for those of us who have cut the cord! I have it and it is wonderful! You can find it on Ebay for around $50. Here is a link to a video by one of our very own fellow
    Xbox One owner who explains how to hook it all up and shows it in action:

BUCMASTER, May 14, 2014
  5. BUCMASTER
    BUCMASTER Guest
    Forgot to mention, you do need to get an antenna for it, as it is not a combo unit. I have one of the flat HD antennas($25) that works just fine along with it.

BUCMASTER, May 14, 2014
  6. Thanks for the feedback, that was one I was looking at. Can't wait to cancel cable Any cord cutters use a PVR? :)

7. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    Great stuff Bucmaster. I would love to cut the cord but I have little ones and a wife who loves her DVR.

COD 2 HALO, May 14, 2014
  8. Any cord cutters use a PVR?

So, after reading this thread, I'm interested in this product, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. I don't have access to cable where I live and would like to have a way to access the local, over-the-air channels on my Xbox One, which I can see
    in the Oneguide, but can't actually watch. Will this device (the HW150PVR) allow me to do that?

Galactic Geek, May 14, 2014
  9. From what I gather, yes. And it's a recorder as well, if that interests you at all. probably not many bells and whistles, but as long as I can control it with Xbox IR blast, I'll be happy. Just ordered it and an HD antenna for a little $50 on Amazon! I'll
    definitely post impressions when I hook it up this weekend.

10. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    Awesome post a link to what you ordered if you can please. Thanks

COD 2 HALO, May 14, 2014
  11. I just wish it was at least a dual tuner, but i can live with it until there are more supported options in the marketplace. Especially at those prices.

12. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest

Thanks man. Just hit the link and read several reviews on it. Good stuff. I have two antennas here at home I use on the kitchen and spare room but nothing like the mediasonic.

COD 2 HALO, Oct 31, 2018
  13. Awesomerrificus Win User

I just wish it was at least a dual tuner, but i can live with it until there are more supported options in the marketplace. Especially at those prices.
  14. Galactic Geek Win User

So, after reading this thread, I'm interested in this product, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. I don't have access to cable where I live and would like to have a way to access the local, over-the-air channels on my Xbox One, which I can see
    in the Oneguide, but can't actually watch. Will this device (the HW150PVR) allow me to do that?
  15. COD 2 HALO Win User

Great stuff Bucmaster. I would love to cut the cord but I have little ones and a wife who loves her DVR.
  16. BUCMASTER Win User

Forgot to mention, you do need to get an antenna for it, as it is not a combo unit. I have one of the flat HD antennas($25) that works just fine along with it.
  17. Awesomerrificus Win User

Thanks for the feedback, that was one I was looking at. Can't wait to cancel cable :)
Thema:

1. Any cord cutters use a PVR? - Similar Threads - cord cutters PVR

2. Why won't the ethernet cord work on Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the ethernet cord work on Xbox One X?: Since buying my xbox ive had to use regular wifi connectivity to play online as my ethernet cord doesnt work 100% of the time. Whenever my wifi is slow I always try using the ethernet cord as it...
  3. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...
  4. When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the...: When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the console yet 51becea8-6017-41dc-a9ec-1e2976e001a2
  5. Should I be worried about the Xbox Series S power cord port wearing and tearing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I be worried about the Xbox Series S power cord port wearing and tearing?: I am simply worried because I don’t want to ever have to get it fixed. 763026f9-1544-4e32-bcf7-29c30dce81f7
  6. Xbox One S power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S power cord: Hello, I wanted to ask If I can use a 2.5amp 250V power cord on a Xbox One S? Thanks. c43ca9a7-3c81-4ed0-b275-aba9dd9b27d1
  7. Can an Xbox Series S use a power cord from the old, old, OG Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Series S use a power cord from the old, old, OG Xbox?: My wife insist that the original Xbox has a power cord that will work on the Xbox Series S. Is she crazy or am I wrong? 28aff0ff-bcf1-4ee7-a19d-aa944fd8bf54
  8. I lost the cord to my Xbox wolverine razor controller help

in XboX Insiders
    I lost the cord to my Xbox wolverine razor controller help: I was wondering if there’s another cord I could use or buy that would fit the controller help submitted by /u/Legitimate_Day9664 [link] [comments]
  9. If I lost an hdmi cord where do I get another one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I lost an hdmi cord where do I get another one?: I can’t find my hdmi cord for my Xbox 1 and I’m wondering were to buy another one? 98d2f7c2-d3a5-4d1e-8280-bcaf34206c66
  10. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...