Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

Discus and support Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by basedbystar, Sep 7, 2023.

1. basedbystar
    basedbystar Guest

So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV off. No other option is selected, yet if my Series S is currently on and I want to switch to another input on my AVR the console will automatically force the input straight back to Xbox. The only way I can temporarily switch input is by turning the Xbox off first. How does this make any sense?

Anyone else have this issue of Xbox hogging the input?

:)

basedbystar, Sep 7, 2023
  2. basedbystar Win User

It’s nice to hear I’m not the only one! I get annoyed when it’s made out to be my other hardwares fault cos I had a One X briefly and that didn’t have this issue when plugged into exactly the same setup.

I’m wondering if it’s a bug that needs fixing or if it’s a deliberate way of making you stick to Xbox only lol
  3. Seez_311 Win User

I have the same issue. Funny but it was working a year ago. Ms must have broke something lately.
  4. Juhn Jac Win User

Hi there!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We will not be tracking this topic going forward, therefore, if you need further assistance, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  5. basedbystar Win User

Hi there, no it hasn't been resolved. This is clearly a firmware issue with the Xbox as my Switch, PS5 and docked Steam Deck all respond as normal with my AVR (Pioneer VSX-534)
  6. Juhn Jac Win User

Thema:

1. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching.. - Similar Threads - Annoying Series HDMI

2. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa
  3. So it seems this got deleted this was anyone else annoyed with Xbox,

in XBoX on Windows
    So it seems this got deleted this was anyone else annoyed with Xbox,: Yeh you ain't gonna silence me Xbox if a moderator removes this post it just shows me your looking to silence me from what speaking my mind about being annoyed with the recent changes on Xbox,...
  4. Spotify Xbox is constantly lagging at least 3 times every song and it's annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spotify Xbox is constantly lagging at least 3 times every song and it's annoying.: Hey, so I've had this Xbox One S for 5 years and for a month now, my Spotify constantly lags in every song. Every song that i listen to, lags at least 2 or 3 times and it's very irritating because...
  5. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  6. I can’t record clips without my game being annoying

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t record clips without my game being annoying: Whenever I record a clip on Xbox (Fortnite for example) my whole entire game freezes (lag goes up) and after the lag calms down it acts as if the controller disconnected and makes me click a box...
  7. Any help here? This is annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help here? This is annoying.: I have the Series X and am on an IPv4 connection. I’ve cleared my MAC address and set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 Primary and 8.8.4.4 Secondary but my console still won’t connect to the internet on startup....
  8. This is annoying me so much

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is annoying me so much: WHY DOES MY XBOX ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE FORTNITE ON NOT SHOW UP ON EPIC GAMES WEBSITE WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN BECAUSE IT SAYS I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT e873d897-e627-403b-92a9-73759016f3d1
  9. is it possible to mass delete friends on xbox? it’s SO ANNOYING that i have 580 cuz i was a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is it possible to mass delete friends on xbox? it’s SO ANNOYING that i have 580 cuz i was a...: Hi, i have to many friends on xbox and it’s tiring me from clicking on every profile and unfriended manually aade106a-e519-46f4-b951-7db72e0db92c
  10. Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?: I recently traded in my ex console for a new xbox series x. Very happy. However, there is something that has prevented me from enjoying the experience. On that console (ps5) I played a lot of...