An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.

Discus and support An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Good day, my Microsoft account is linked to my Minecraft account. And I got tricked into giving my email and a code to a fake bot in discord. I saw... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ashtai ㅤ, Dec 20, 2023.

1. ashtai ㅤ
    ashtai ㅤ Guest

Good day, my Microsoft account is linked to my Minecraft account.

And I got tricked into giving my email and a code to a fake bot in discord. I saw the bot on other servers before so I thought it was real.

So now *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is added to my security information and I can't login into my account! I only still have my account because I'm stay logged in.

I tried to recover my account by filling in the information in https://account.live.com/acsr . I purchased Minecraft, but it's through my mobile carrier, and it's asking for credit card information. I couldn't fill that in and I got denied for recovering it.

My Minecraft account also got wiped! Please help, thank you!!

:)

ashtai ㅤ, Dec 20, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to access your compromised account and that the security information has also changed. Just to set your expectations, the Microsoft account is managed by a fully automated server and we don't have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is meant to protect you from any potential malicious activity. For now, let me do my best to help you with the process.

For this concern, we suggest you contact our live support team. To connect to our accounts and billing department, follow the following:

• Go to this link: Contact us - Microsoft Support
    • Billing search.
    • Make sure you know that your time zone base in your country is selected on the left side of the site.
    • At the bottom, click Contact support.
    • From the menu, select Microsoft 365 and Office: Billing and payment updates.
    • Click Confirm
    • Next, click Chat with a support agent in your web browser.

Have a great day!

Sincerely

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Billing email

Hey there Jonah!

Thank you for responding and clarifying that for us.

We need to make sure that the email was added to the account properly. Did you

update the email address
    associated with your Microsoft account or did you update it under your

Account security Information
    ? Make sure the email is in none of these.

How long ago did you make these changes?
  4. darkist1 Win User

Cancel a request

I'd suggest adding additional security information to your account if you believe you've been hacked and someone is attempting to use an alternative email address.

But first contact xbox support.

Here's some info on how to change your MS account email

And here's some info about account security link
  5. Francia J. Win User

does adding an alternate email via security info change keep the original existing email on the account.

Hi ImmuneLion318, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Adding an email as security information is primarily to verify identity. This will keep the original Microsoft account.

If you have an email or number set as security information, it is an added security for your account in case you forgot your password or if the account is compromised.

I would highly recommend not using an email or a phone number of a different person under the security information because it is for the security of the account owner.
  6. tp500 Win User

Today I speak to Microsoft agent

sorry. I have Gold to send messages

it is not needed.

my account could verify by 30 days of putting second email

I hope now but not sure

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/update-security-information

sign into microsoft account

click security.

click update info.

click add security info

enter additional email

enter code

click verify.

email

[table][tr][td]Microsoft account[/td][/tr][tr][td]Security info was added[/td][/tr][tr][td]The following security info was recently added to the Microsoft account *******@**************.com:[/td][/tr][tr][td]
    • ********@*******.com
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]If this was you, then you can safely ignore this email[/td][/tr][/table]

30 days to wait maybe I don't know?
Thema:

1. An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information. - Similar Threads - unknown email was

2. Access to account lost, unknown email taken over

in XBoX Accessibility
    Access to account lost, unknown email taken over: Hi, Near the start of the year my Microsoft account connected to my xbox and pc (before I reset it and used a new account) was taken over by an unknown @rambler.ru email. I now cannot reset the...
  3. Unknown bought game email

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown bought game email: I received an email from Microsoft thanking me for purchasing a game I DID NOT BUY on a master card THAT INST MINE but was sent to my email that isn’t linked to my Microsoft account....
  4. Unknown email addresses linked to my Microsoft account userid

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown email addresses linked to my Microsoft account userid: Hi I used a Microsoft link to check what my userid was for my Microsoft account (a live email account). It came back with my email address but said my account email was also associated with a...
  5. Recovery Email linked to unknown account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovery Email linked to unknown account?: Sorry if this comes off as long. I received an email that my Xbox live will be renewed soon through my recovery email (which used to be the primary for that account). I went to sign in to see if I...
  6. My sons xbox luve has been hacked and sending verify email to unknown email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons xbox luve has been hacked and sending verify email to unknown email address: Hi My sons xbox has been hacked, when trying to sign in the verify code is being sent to a unknown email address. 6ceae784-d97f-468c-b7b1-e0762f5d88e7
  7. I never enrolled in Microsoft family and an unknown email is listed as the "family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never enrolled in Microsoft family and an unknown email is listed as the "family...: I was browsing the internet and was told that I would need permission to view a website. That led me to discover that someone with an unknown email set up microsoft family and is the organizer....
  8. Microsoft Account Email was replaced with an unknown email and now I cannot access it and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Email was replaced with an unknown email and now I cannot access it and...: My old microsoft account which was linked to other platforms such as Xbox, Office365 and other products has recently been hacked, furthermore the email was replaced with a rambler.ru email and I...
  9. My wife's microsoft and xbox account are linked to an unknown email and her old one says it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wife's microsoft and xbox account are linked to an unknown email and her old one says it...: My wife's microsoft and xbox account are linked to an unknown email and we don't know the password we think it got hacked and now her old email when she tries to log in says it doesn't exist...
  10. Hard re set carried out and now we can't get back into account as email address is unknown!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hard re set carried out and now we can't get back into account as email address is unknown!: Where do I start... My son is a Fornite player. The game was really badly lagging so we did a hard reset and selected the option to keep games etc. However, when we've come to logging back in, the...