An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft.

Discus and support An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have requested a call back twice. I have emailed twice. I have had no response. There is an unrecognised X-box account associated with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Denise Penn, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Denise Penn
    Denise Penn Guest

I have requested a call back twice.

I have emailed twice.

I have had no response.

There is an unrecognised X-box account associated with my Microsoft account, I don’t have an Xbox account and it’s not anyone in my family’s. The payment was £69.99 for Call of Duty. It was taken from my PayPal account on Sunday 5th November.

I cannot investigate the payment as it’s not showing on my Microsoft account and there doesn’t seem to be any way of investigating a payment that isn’t made by a card. My PayPal is funded by my bank account so I cannot put any card details in to find out more about the payment.

I have screen shots of the transaction and also of PayPal confirming the payment was unauthorised.

Please advise how to contact ANYONE at Microsoft UK to have this dealt with and refunded.

:)

Denise Penn, Nov 10, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Denise P, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry that you are going through this problem, it is strange that someone has used your account to buy a game since when associating a payment method in Xbox/Microsoft a verification is requested by PayPal, it is something very strange, however, the only solution is to contact Support directly:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

There you enter that link, select the contact us button, enter the problem you are presenting and then you will be redirected to a live chat with a support agent. Sometimes an automatic bot will answer you but you should keep trying until you talk to a real person.

You can also take a look at the following page:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...o-find-a-list-of-linked-accounts/td-p/1292098

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Remember that this is a public forum of the Microsoft community where we are players like you who try to help/guide other players to find the solution to the problems they are experiencing, however we do not belong to Microsoft, this means that we do not have access to the accounts or information of other players.

If you have any other questions, let me know, I will be happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. strigoi1958 Win User

PayPal what´s up?

Paypal ARE safe but if you read through this forum you'll find posts saying that it didn't prevent money being taken from an unauthorised accessed account even when they were paid through paypal.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Past Due Payment

The payment would be taken from the debit card. Overdue payment can only be paid via credit card or Paypal, not by Microsoft account balance.
  5. x EeMBe x Win User

Payment taken from PayPal account.

I would assume that PayPal debited whatever payment instrument you were using whether that be credit card or bank account. You could dispute the charge with your financial institution and make sure you change you PayPal password to prevent this
    happening again. Basically someone else has linked your PayPal account to their Microsoft account. Changing the password will prevent them from doing it again.
    Disputing the charge with paypalp/cc/bank is a surefire way to get banned forever. This has to be settled with Microsoft or OP gets his account banned.
  6. Wishcatcher Win User

Payment taken from PayPal account.

Hi,

Check your account here > https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

If you see a Paypal transaction its meaning you have an autorenewal on your account (you can cancel it if you dont want it anymore).

If you dont see any transaction, somebody use your paypal account so make a compliant to Paypal...

Regards
Thema:

1. An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft. - Similar Threads - unauthorised payment was

2. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  3. MS Developer Account Registration payment via PAYPAL ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    MS Developer Account Registration payment via PAYPAL ?: Hello, I'm from Germany and would like to register for an app developer account in Partner Center. I don't have a credit card and would like to pay the fee with PayPal or Xbox credit/voucher. I...
  4. Hi,i have just ordered an xbox controller and I have put the payment method as pay in 3...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi,i have just ordered an xbox controller and I have put the payment method as pay in 3...: I designed a fallout4 xbox lab controller. I paid £32.15 as my first instalment. I haven't got an email or product number sent. All I have is my transaction id. Do I just have to wait for it to...
  5. Unauthorised transaction

in XBoX on Windows
    Unauthorised transaction: I have had an xbox and controller charged to my account via PayPal that I did not authorise. PayPal are saying the payment was authorised., it was not. I need Microsoft to help to show I have not...
  6. Unauthorised purchases

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unauthorised purchases: Does anyone have a problem when you add your card details to Microsoft account to purchase xbox credit and then several charges come off your card but they weren't purchased by you or any family...
  7. Request for a refund for an unauthorised transaction on Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request for a refund for an unauthorised transaction on Microsoft Store: Hello Microsoft, I had an unauthorised transaction on my Xbox console when purchasing a game with a gift card with my Microsoft account balance, but $14.95 was charged to my debit card on my...
  8. Unauthorised purchase made with my credit card on my xbox account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unauthorised purchase made with my credit card on my xbox account: My bank statement says I made a purchase today for xbox. I haven't even logged onto my xbox today and I didn't purchase anything from Microsoft or xbox. 0f36deba-0fed-4404-a56b-a9f033b51d28
  9. How to talk to someone in authority. I have had unauthorised changes made to my access to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to talk to someone in authority. I have had unauthorised changes made to my access to...: I have the PC Game Boxed Disc Set of MSFS Premium Deluxe. One of your Advisors without my permission 'refunded' my Disc Game and replaced it with The Xbox Game. I did not want this. I want the...
  10. Unauthorised access and purchases

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unauthorised access and purchases: Hello Around 3am on Sunday morning two digital gift cards had been purchased via my account. I hadn’t made those purchases (all devices switched off, and everyone in bed) and once I had realised...