An open letter to Microsoft

Discus and support An open letter to Microsoft in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To whom it may concern, I have been a lifelong purchaser of your Xbox products. I enjoy the games, systems, and network when they work. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xX HaleYes Xx, Aug 19, 2015.

1. An open letter to Microsoft

To whom it may concern,

I have been a lifelong purchaser of your Xbox products. I enjoy the games, systems, and network when they work. I have logged many hours and spent a lot of hard earned money on your products over the last decade plus. However, my satisfaction is at a
    very low point.

There is a revolving door with your systems that is a big problem. I purchased 3 Xbox 360 systems due to red rings. This as you know was a major issue. Now as an Xbox One owner, the $500 new and improved system is broke and busted as well.

The controller won't stay connected to the console, both original controller and brand new. Any disc placed in the system won't seat and spin up without dozens of eject and feed attempts. Multiple channels, left front, right rear, and subwoofer have a
    crackle to the sound only through the xbox. For a $500 product, clean and well maintained, this is a big issue.

The system is just over two years old. By your policy it is out of warranty. In order to fix the product i would have to get again pay more money just to have a functioning product. For $500, plus monthly live fees, i would expect a quality product.

As a long standing supporter of your product and games, spending hard earned money on 4 consoles now, plus years of live fees, my confidence and support for you has waivered to the point of considering other products to fulfill my gaming needs.

I ask you to stand behind your product and explain why shelling out even more money to have a functioning product is your solution. Please explain.

Sincerely,

Zack Hale

:)

xX HaleYes Xx, Aug 19, 2015
  2. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    Open Letter to Microsoft on Customer Support

What I imagine Microsoft would wright back...

Left blank intentionally because I believe there is a 1/1,000,000 chance support is monitoring these forums.

J.R.G., Aug 19, 2015
  3. P Swab x
    P Swab x Guest
    Open Letter to Microsoft on Customer Support

Dear Xbox,

My name is Grant Groomes. I wanted to inform you of a recent experience I had with your product and Customer Support Team. I purchased an Xbox one X on launch day. I was excited and looking forward to playing on the world’s most powerful
    console. However, after only a week of having the console it started to have severe problems. It refused to play games and would always give me an error message saying “the game took too long to start”. I decided to get in touch with Customer Support to resolve
    the issue. The following list is a brief account of the past 4-5 weeks of events.

1. Sent in Xbox to have it serviced.

2. Received Xbox after roughly 2 weeks of waiting, the SAME problem existed.

3. Contacted Support and was offered an advanced exchange for a New Xbox.

4. Received New Xbox and went to drop off defective Xbox at FedEx the SAME day.

5. FedEx refused to take the package and insisted that a new shipping label was needed.

6. Contacted Support the next day to sort out the issue, was told I would be sent a new label soon.

7. A few days go by, I follow up with support and was ensured that a new label was coming and that I would not be charged for a new console in the meantime.

8. Around 2 weeks go by, no label has been received nor was I contacted by Support.

9. Received email from Xbox informing me that I was going to be charged for a new console due to the defective console not being received.

10. Contact customer support, was transferred 5 times to multiple departments, put on hold for over an hour, was told that I would be contacted the next day with information about a new shipping label.

11. The next day came and I was NOT contacted by any means.

12. The following day I contacted support again, this time the representative was able to contact the necessary people and I received a new shipping label within minutes. This rep. was helpful and the whole process took
    less than 30 minutes.

I have been a customer of Microsoft and Xbox for all of my life. I have purchased many products and have spent thousands of dollars over the years. This experience has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety over the past month, and has left me questioning
    my future loyalty to your brand. I felt like I had to take the initiative every step of the way, and that I went above and beyond on my end. I am very disappointed in the way I was treated and in the way this issue was handled.

Sincerely,

Grant Groomes

P Swab x, Aug 19, 2015
  4. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

Now Zack Hale, you do know this is the general discussion section of the forum and not ONE person from XBox or MS or anyone wearing a suit will see this right?? Just like you to kow you just wasted a few precious moments of very young life..

tohellnbak, Aug 19, 2015
  5. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    P.S. Many hours .. years of XBL with a gamer score under 4500?? is that even possible?

tohellnbak, Aug 19, 2015
  6. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @tohellnbak

I was just getting ready to ask the same thing.

Randver, Aug 19, 2015
  7. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    I only played MP COD for years never did the campaigns and therefore didn't get any achievements (or very few), GS isn't a reflection of time played, its a reflection of how many games someone buys and then how much they play campaigns to the point of getting
    achievements.

EnenDaveyBoy, Aug 19, 2015
  8. An open letter to Microsoft

He probably changed his account when he got a xbox one. That would account for the Gamerscore.

PricelessBunion, Aug 19, 2015
  9. No campaigns, all multiplayer. Achievements are meaningless. Microsoft needs to provide an email address to log formal complaints.

xX HaleYes Xx, Aug 19, 2015
  10. Many hours .. years of XBL with a gamer score under 4500?? is that even possible?

- Yes it is.

I was playing Xbox when Xbox was 1st released. Does my gamer score (16888) show it? No, not even close. Yet I still have my 01 model Xbox and a tone of games for it.

Back in those day's my tag was BlueGrassCat with the sig: "A Wildcats Kitten that ROARS." So when I found out that the 360 Slim was far more reliable than the PHAT models. I got one.. Over 5 years now. But even with over 300 games, and counting for the 360.
    My gamer score isn't nowhere near what it should be.

Why? Main reasons are, I am not an achievement hunter and the 2nd. I am not an online MP gamer anymore. 3rd - 2B honest: I couldn't remember the password, nor the email I used back in Xbox's early day's. So I had to go with my current tag instead.

So it is possible to be a 3rd generation xbox gamer and have a gamer score less than 5000.

ElectroFlying, Aug 19, 2015
  11. Randver
    Randver Guest
    OP's gamertag is at least 5 yrs old and he's played less than 20 games.

When you see comments like "As a long standing supporter of your product and games" I expect a little more I guess. I've owned 6 360's and played 600 games so I guess it's a matter of perspective when "supporting" a company.

Randver, Aug 19, 2015
  12. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    @Randver, you could say people playing few MP games who need and pay for gold are more supportive of someone who doesn't pay for gold as they only play hundreds of campaigns, but as you pointed out its all subjective.

At the end of the day *** breaks and complaining about it is pointless IMO, as is cross analysing someones GT lol.

EnenDaveyBoy, Aug 19, 2015
  13. chemicalsora
    chemicalsora Guest

No machine is perfect. On the other hand, if you don't observe proper care with your machine, it will eventually break.

Ask yourself this - would you rather shell out $400 for either a PS4 or a new XB1 or a substantially reduced amount to get your current machine replaced? The choice is easy, especially if you're as invested in the Xbox brand as you say you are. Believe it
    or not, the machines cost money to produce - the fact that they ask for so little isn't insulting.

Either cough up the money to repair your console, buy a new XB1 or evaluate other options - your choice. But saying that Microsoft doesn't stand behind their products because they ask for money to replace them is disingenuous.

chemicalsora, Aug 19, 2015
  14. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    Designed to last 10 years, doesnt mean that the millions of consoles made by the lowest bidding manufacturer isn't going to have some defects... But that's how a warranty works. Next time, get the extended warranty.

Zero Divided, Aug 19, 2015
  15. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    It isn't just over two years old either, unless I have been short changed on months this year, last I looked it was still August.

John Dowding, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. An open letter to Microsoft - Similar Threads - open letter Microsoft

2. An open letter to Xbox …………………..

in XboX Insiders
    An open letter to Xbox …………………..: I have owned the Xbox since it first came out. HALO Combat Evolved on the top floor (Board Room no less) of the San Francisco Pyramid building playing the game while looking at the city. I adored...
  3. Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice: This is an open letter regarding the leaked information about future Xbox hardware. I implore you: -Don't alienate your fans who bought games at retail with future hardware. -Don't make single...
  4. My Xbox Profile needs unbanning... Now. An open letter to Xbox Enforcement

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Profile needs unbanning... Now. An open letter to Xbox Enforcement: To the staff Xbox Enforcement. You permanently banned my account, King Solo 02, from going online a month ago for altering Gamerscore (See enforcement case [mod removed]). You gave me a chance to...
  5. An open letter to Xbox and Microsoft customer services

in XBoX on Consoles
    An open letter to Xbox and Microsoft customer services: Having tried to contact through phone, virtual agent chat and Twitter DM and having no luck, clearly the only way to get any attention of Microsoft is through the community. Pasting my problem...
  6. An open letter to Microsoft and their Xbox division.

in XBoX on Consoles
    An open letter to Microsoft and their Xbox division.: You know, I think I've jumped through enough hoops. I've contacted the "ask an Xbox Gamer" thing. I've chatted to several representatives. I've spoken to your people, including one very rude Asian...
  7. Open Letter to Microsoft on Customer Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Letter to Microsoft on Customer Support: Dear Xbox, My name is Grant Groomes. I wanted to inform you of a recent experience I had with your product and Customer Support Team. I purchased an Xbox one X on launch day. I...
  8. Open Letter to Microsoft about Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Letter to Microsoft about Customer Service: Dear Xbox, My name is Grant Groomes. I wanted to inform you of a recent experience I had with your product and Customer Support Team. I purchased an Xbox one X on launch day. I...
  9. Open Letter to Microsoft about Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Letter to Microsoft about Customer Service: Dear Xbox, My name is Grant Groomes. I wanted to inform you of a recent experience I had with your product and Customer Support Team. I purchased an Xbox one X on launch day. I...
  10. Open letter to Microsoft regarding Customer Support and Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open letter to Microsoft regarding Customer Support and Service: Dear Xbox, My name is Grant Groomes. I wanted to inform you of a recent experience I had with your product and Customer Support Team. I purchased an Xbox one X on launch day. I...