An insider's input on tiled Resources.

Discus and support An insider's input on tiled Resources. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; And DF has no cred left anyway. See COD: Ghosts and Killzone: SF multiplayer Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by f00xm4n, Mar 13, 2014.

  1. Lucky 1
    Lucky 1 Guest

    An insider's input on tiled Resources.


    And DF has no cred left anyway. See COD: Ghosts and Killzone: SF multiplayer
     
    Lucky 1, Mar 13, 2014
    #16
  2. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest
    No, it was 3rd party developers. I'm not sure why you would think it was Sony developers considering they wouldn't even be working on an X1 in the first place. That doesn't even make any sense at all.

    In the end, esram isn't going to make a difference. It's *marginally* faster than the GDDR5 that Sony uses, but a HELL of a lot harder to program for. The benefits just aren't worth the time and resources. Most developers aren't going to waste their time,
    the same way that most developers didn't waste their time learning the advantages of the Cell processor last gen. The difference being, the Cell processer opened a LOT more doors than esram could ever hope to. The only thing esram does is possibly bring the
    X1 up to par with the PS4's GDDR5, but it doubles the development time because of the complexity.
     
    BrianGunter, Mar 13, 2014
    #17
  3. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    [quote user="Lestat"]

    The only thing esram does is possibly bring the X1 up to par with the PS4's GDDR5, but it doubles the development time because of the complexity.
    [/quote]

    Wrong on Both.It will when used properly equal or pull ahead. Developers are already familiar with Edram on the 360 and this is the next step. MS have said they didnt quite give enough in tools last gen to get everything out of the 360 on the development
    side. We will finf out in a few days or devs will, but Dx12 will most probably make the use of esram and making games a whole lot simpler. MS are not Broke they didnt put it in to be cheaper its there for a reason.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 13, 2014
    #18
  4. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest

    An insider's input on tiled Resources.

    It appears you don't quite understand the phrase "up to par". Regardless, developers have already stated that it takes twice the time and resources to try and take advantage of esram, and most aren't going to bother with it. Just like I said with the Cell
    processor, but I'm not going to repeat myself any more than I already have.
     
    BrianGunter, Mar 13, 2014
    #19
  5. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest
    I'll add a new post rather than trying to edit the previous one since the forums seem to hate any edits and make them so difficult...

    Nobody said MS was broke so I'm not quite sure why you seem to think that's a relevant argument in any way. It's really not hard to see yet another MS failure. I suppose some people just like to ignore Windows 8, Vista, RT, tablets, these very forums, and
    the rest of MS's failures though. Just because a company has money doesn't mean they have common sense.
     
    BrianGunter, Mar 13, 2014
    #20
  6. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    Its nothing like the Cell processor as the dev tools were also in Japanese so most developers had to figure it out them selves which didnt happen much. Like Ive said the Devs do not have all the info and tools just yet so why wouldnt they think its hard.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 13, 2014
    #21
  7. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest
    Well, you got one part right... Esram is nothing like the Cell processor, because it actually was pretty powerful and a game changer, as a few exclusives last gen proved.

    Do you really think an untranslated manual was holding developers back? Seriously? If so, you need to lay off whatever your smoking. I think you've already killed a few too many brain cells if you can't see how ridiculous of a statement that is. It's not
    like translating Japanese is some uncrackable cypher.
     
    BrianGunter, Mar 13, 2014
    #22
  8. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

    An insider's input on tiled Resources.

    I dont see how you think Esram is not powerful. Unmstranlated manuals and late tools was what held developers back and a much harder system than what X1 is. Japanese rarely translates well to English to start with but it was one of the problems. The last
    of us and Uncharted may be great stories but dont confuse it with a perfect good looking game.They have their bugs and the last of us is quite linear which is a reason it can look so good. Much like Ryse.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 13, 2014
    #23
  9. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest
    I never said esram wasn't powerful, I just understand what it is and it's limits. It doesn't add much at all compared to GDDR5, it hardly adds anything useful, and it's hardly worth the effort it takes to use it.

    Besides that, I don't even know what to say if you honestly think that a untranslated manual somehow held developers back. I'm not sure where you ever even got that idea from in the first place, but even if it were true, again, Japanese is not some uncrackable
    cypher. Far from it in fact. I suppose it's like Larry (or Foxworthy, or whoever it was) used to say... "You just can't fix stupid".
     
    BrianGunter, Mar 13, 2014
    #24
  10. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    It doesnt add much. Ok i get it your on the whole GDDR5 thing righhht.Got it. I can see all the next PC's models ditching DDR3 and 4 for solely GDDR5. lol

    And yes about the Manuals for developing on playstation 3 was in a gaming article a year or so ago hard copy not net. Developers needed to rely on each other to help work out the coding which wasnt happening on a huge scale so smaller teams struggled more
    than others particularly 3rd party. Thanks for the Constant insults though. Really shows who the kid is.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 13, 2014
    #25
  11. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest
    Yea, I mean it's not like GPU's have been constantly increasing GDDR5 over the last few years. Oh, wait...

    Happen to have a link on that article? I'd be interested in reading it. Who knows, I might learn something.

    Insults? LOL! I'm not insulting anyone. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. An insider's input on tiled Resources. ;)
     
    BrianGunter, Mar 13, 2014
    #26
  12. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    the ps4 has 1.72TF the xbox one has 2.04TF the xbox one can go further for longer once the ps4 hits its limits then thats it also the xbox one CPU has been modified by MS
     
    N7 Gh0stz, Mar 13, 2014
    #27
  13. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

    An insider's input on tiled Resources.

    That's Because G in GDDR5 stands for Graphics. Of course it's in a GPU. PC's are going to need Radiators to cool them towers down soon. They still have DDR memory aswell.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 14, 2014
    #28
  14. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    yep xb1 has its own GPU and its own RAM ps4 has both but as one
     
    N7 Gh0stz, Mar 14, 2014
    #29
  15. tplarkin7
    tplarkin7 Guest
    Nice post.

    Microsoft better get the word out if this is true. The fact is that multi-platform developers don't tailor a game to each system's strengths. Last gen, this meant Xbox 360 games ran smoother. This gen, it will mean PS4 games will run smoother. I now own
    both consoles, so I will never buy the inferior version.
     
    tplarkin7, Mar 14, 2014
    #30
Thema:

An insider's input on tiled Resources.

Loading...
  1. An insider's input on tiled Resources. - Similar Threads - insider's input tiled

  2. Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work: Hi everyone, I need some help with my Xbox One X. My console was previously enrolled in the Xbox Insider/Preview program. I formatted the original internal HDD, and now the console is stuck in the...
  3. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  4. Hey guys, when do the mythic achievements appear on insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey guys, when do the mythic achievements appear on insiders?: I’ve been an insider for roughly a week now, and I wanted to see if a mythic achievement would pop for me. I recently fully completed a game and I didn’t get a mythic achievement, and it doesn’t...
  5. Got 100% in Fast & Furious Horizon 2, Mythic award stuck at 96% Beta level insider

    in XboX Insiders
    Got 100% in Fast & Furious Horizon 2, Mythic award stuck at 96% Beta level insider: Yesterday I went looking at my games to see if any were close to 100%. I found the fast and furious Forza Horizon 2 game was only missing the 50,000 point skill chain achievement. I took the...
  6. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  7. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  8. Leaving the insider beta preview

    in XboX Insiders
    Leaving the insider beta preview: If I wanted to leave the beta preview right now would it make me do a factory refresh my party's are bugging and the new features aren't important enough for me to sacrifice actually playing games...
  9. Is it too late to enroll in Insider program for Mythic Achievements?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is it too late to enroll in Insider program for Mythic Achievements?: As the title says, I tried enrolling, but the only option I have is Omega and there was no update or changes submitted by /u/ToastBubbles [link] [comments]
  10. Controller Input after insider update question

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller Input after insider update question: I was wondering if Xbox insider updates can mess with certain controller inputs especially for all games that let you change your sensitivity. For example I’ve been playing halo infinite and found...