An error occurred while completing this operation

Discus and support An error occurred while completing this operation in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't redeem code because of this: "An error occurred while completing this operation" 9f91a707-3c7e-4d37-a437-083ec9bb6402 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by betmakh, Jan 20, 2014.

1. betmakh
    betmakh Guest

I can't redeem code because of this:

"An error occurred while completing this operation"

:)

betmakh, Jan 20, 2014
  2. sean2k5
    sean2k5 Guest
    none of my credits cards work to buy dlc

i do not get a error code just a error had occurred while completing this operation

sean2k5, Jan 20, 2014
  3. MrChiGuy
    MrChiGuy Guest

I know this is not an answer, but just a commiseration with the others posting here.

I am having a similar issue just trying to redeem an Xbox Live 24-month subscription code to extend my membership past 4/1/2015. When contacting Microsoft support, I was told I had to wait until my current subscription expires (in 22 days) and then "try"
    the code again. I'd be out the $99 I paid for it and have to hope it works.

The point of a code is to "extend" your membership or your account balance, and there are at least two places I found on their website where this is clearly stated.

I was also told Microsoft has some "system issues" being resolved, and to try again in 24 hours. However, I am not that patient or trusting and was offered a one-time favor from the seller of the redemption code (a major online retailer) to refund my $99
    even though it is not their policy to do so. They actually understand the meaning of good customer service.

In the meantime, I've got my money back and can make my own decision on what to do on 4/1/2015. Of course, you know I'll extend my subscription like a good little Xbox Live subscriber, but at least I'll have my money until then.

MrChiGuy, Jan 20, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Was this on console or on the web? Try through the other method and see if that works any better for you.

maxen, Jan 20, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: