Ambient Background Music for New Xbox Dashboard?

Discus and support Ambient Background Music for New Xbox Dashboard? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I find it a little odd that only the Original Xbox had at least a certain kind of background audio for it's Dashboard, but going forward neither the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SinisterSh0t, May 18, 2023.

1. Ambient Background Music for New Xbox Dashboard?

I find it a little odd that only the Original Xbox had at least a certain kind of background audio for it's Dashboard, but going forward neither the 360, the Xbox One [OG, S, X] or the Series S/X has any distinct Dashboard audio that makes it distinctly Xbox. it's always just a eerie quietness.

Didn't mind it so much with the 360, and i guess you had a little music when you went into your Avatar Editor, which was nice but that was all really. But lately it kinda bothers me a bit on my Series X.

Meanwhile the Playstation 2,3,4 and 5 have their own distinct background sound to their Menu's. And with the 4th and 5th Iteration, not just the consoles own distinct theme, but also the audio of a certain Game when it's tile was highlighted.

I know it ain't a massive thing, but it would be nice if we had some sort of ambient audio to the Dashboard going forward, especially with the New Redesign slowly being phased in to all soon.

submitted by /u/SinisterSh0t
    [link] [comments]

/u/SinisterSh0t, May 18, 2023
  2. TFG x VATOBOY Win User

Question about the Groove music app

The Xbox One does not yet support background music, yet. The Update is just new and there should be a new update within the next days giving you background music.
  3. Chae247 Win User

Background music

In the new update it stated "Background Music: Today’s update brings the ability for the highly requested feature of Background Music, which lets you listen to your favorite music in the background while gaming on Xbox One. The Pandora app, launching soon,
    is the first of many partners who will support Background Music, with Groove Music, iHeartRadio and other apps coming later."

Pandora is coming soon, as stated in the update release. However, there is one current App that will work with this function called CAST, it is a free music app. You can use this now until the other music apps are updated to work with the new Background
    Music feature.

Hope this helps!
  4. Kareem Midani Win User

New interface on Xbox1

Hmm... you know what else its missing? A soundtrack in the background, something similar to the PlayStation 4 dashboard.

But Xbox can do better by perhaps having us customize our own wallpaper *AND* background music? OR even better?
  5. Arcadax Win User

The Witcher 2....

Really enjoying the game so far, my only issue really is with the sound. The voice work and music are great but the ambient sound and background dialogue are so repetitive I must have heard the same one line about 100 times passing the tavern about spuds.
    And where is this random duck or goose that is just freaking the hell out?
  6. greg_window10_instal Win User

Is there anyway to play CDs in the background?

Hello SubjectDelta004,

It's a good question. And, it seems you are not the only one asking about a "Background CD player" . Now, it is true that the Groove app
    will let you "Playing background music on Xbox One" . But, at this time it does not support playing from music CD directly. You can download and
    install the free Audio CD player app from your Xbox. However, that does not support playing background music. Once you leave the app, the music will stop. But, the opposite is not true for things you are downloading. The downloads will continue regardless
    if you are playing a CD. I know this may not be exactly what you wanted. But, it does mean you can play a music CD and download at the same time.

Also, may I suggest going over to the Xbox
    feedback
    website and vote for the "Background CD player" post. It is possible that this feature may show up in future Xbox One updates.

xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17017216-background-cd-player

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/playing-background-music-xbox-one

xbox.uservoice.com/

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
Thema:

Ambient Background Music for New Xbox Dashboard?

1. Ambient Background Music for New Xbox Dashboard? - Similar Threads - Ambient Background Music

2. Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass: Recently I have changed my background on my Xbox Series X to a custom image with a size of 4.75 mb. The max is 5 mb for a custom image to be you or background on Xbox. When launching Xbox game...
  3. How can I use a photo as background?

in XboX Insiders
    How can I use a photo as background?: So I want to use a picture from my phone as a wallpaper on my Xbox one x. I tried with Dropbox already but I can't sign in because of a "wrong browser". I also don't have a flash drive right now....
  4. Xbox One Background Doesn’t Exist?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Background Doesn’t Exist?: Hello, I’m having a problem with my Xbox. I’d like to move the background of my Xbox One (a screenshot) to the background of my new Series X, but I can’t figure out how to do it. The screenshot...
  5. Xbox club profile picture or background image not uploading properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox club profile picture or background image not uploading properly: Whenever i try to set a custom profile picture or background picture for the xbox club i am the owner of, it doesnt keep the changes whenever i reload the "friends and community updates" app. I...
  6. Fire vapor dynamic background not showing up is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fire vapor dynamic background not showing up is there a fix?: I have restarted my series x and updated the controller but i still don't have the dynamic background for the fire vapor controller 00959e5c-d078-4606-aecc-7cd19ab32f5f
  7. How to enable background permissions for Xbox App?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to enable background permissions for Xbox App?: My Xbox App on my desktop keeps informing me that the backgrounds permissions for the Xbox App are disabled and so I keep attempting to fix them, I've scoured the web and none of them are having...
  8. What Xbox games do you feel have the most immersive weather and ambient sounds, list your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Xbox games do you feel have the most immersive weather and ambient sounds, list your...: 1: Red Dead Redemption ll 2: Forza Horizon 4 3: Witcher 3 08dd78de-70e5-4954-8c87-fed6c8fac360
  9. Rainbow Six Vegas 1 DLC No Ambient Sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rainbow Six Vegas 1 DLC No Ambient Sound: Hello, This is just a report that the maps included with the DLCs for the first Rainbow Six Vegas game do not have any ambient sound when playing them on the Xbox One. Many entity sounds are...
  10. Skype Incoming Audio and Ambient Noise Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype Incoming Audio and Ambient Noise Problem: My biggest annoyance with using Skype on my XBOX One is any time that there is a noise in my room during a call, the incoming audio gets cut/muted. This actually seems like some attempt by Skype...