Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox

Discus and support Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When will Amazon fix their app on Xbox? It hasn’t worked since October 2023. It just loads and loads, then says “Something went wrong!” I’ve tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LizaS1, Dec 22, 2023.

1. LizaS1
    LizaS1 Guest

When will Amazon fix their app on Xbox? It hasn’t worked since October 2023. It just loads and loads, then says “Something went wrong!” I’ve tried troubleshooting with Xbox AND Amazon several times. This is NOT OK! I’ve spent thousands of dollars over the years on movies that I cannot watch.

:)

LizaS1, Dec 22, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You need to take it up with Amazon as they are the ones who control their own app. All Microsoft does is certify it and put it on the store, they have no ability to change anything about it or any aspect of it.
  3. Jhonkito Win User

Hi, LizaS1 my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It is a pity to hear that but to give you my help to your problem i need some additional information like, what is the model of the console and if another apps than you have like netflix or youtube it works, let me know to help you

I will wait for you
  4. LASultan Win User

Jhon,

I am having the exact same issue as LizaS1. Furthermore, I had this issue a few months ago, in October I think, but it cleared itself up in about 5 days, so I assumed the issue had been fixed. Obviously, it wasn’t, and I have now been reexperiencing this issue for the past 2 weeks. It obviously isn’t just going to go away this time.
    So I will go ahead & provide you with the full troubleshooting details you are asking for. I happen to be a technology professional with 20+ years of experience, so you may assume that my troubleshooting skills are top notch. Let’s dive right in:

I have an Xbox One S that is patched current as of 12/12/2023, and is showing an OS Version of 10.0.25398.2921, and a Shell Version of 2311.0.2311.15003. My console has both an internal hard drive of 365GB capacity (with 8% free space), and an external drive of 1.8TB capacity (with 58% free space).

I am able to stream Prime Video on my iPhone just fine over my home WiFi, so I know that isn’t the problem. However, just to be certain, I have tried streaming Prime on my Xbox console both wired & wireless, and neither way works. Netflix & Hulu (streaming & Live TV) both work fine in both modes. This rules out any upstream (network side) problems.

Like many users, I have my HDMI signal going through a home AV receiver. I suspected a DRM problem, so for troubleshooting purposes, I bypassed my receiver & plugged the HDMI cable directly into my TV. Prime still did not work. I tried two different HDMI cables, and two different HDMI ports on my TV, and none of the 4 combinations worked. That rules out any downstream (TV side) problems.

As far as I’m concerned, since upstream & downstream problems have been rules out, this means the issue must reside with the Xbox and/or Prime app, since all streaming services other than Prime are working correctly in all test modes.

When I say “Prime isn’t working”, here is the exact behavior I mean by that:

When I launch the Prime app from my Xbox menu, it took an average of 1min 6sec for the app to load. I then click on my profile and I can see the Prime app interface including all of the video thumbnails (which tells me that the app *IS* communicating with the Amazon Prime servers to grab those thumbnails). When I click on any Prime streaming show - whether it is one I own in my library or is “included with Prime” - I see a spinning circle that runs for an average of 40sec before giving me a very useless generic message of “Something went wrong Please try again later. For more help, go to amazon.com/videohelp” - which I did, and there was NO useful information to be found.

I have now invested 90 minutes of my Saturday rewiring my home setup, troubleshooting this issue, and chasing down debugging information for the Prime app tech support team. You’re welcome.

Like Liza and many other users affected by this, I am beyond frustrated & angry with Amazon for failing to fix this issue for so long and preventing me from accessing my video library that I have invested many dollars in over the years, as well as the loss of use of the streaming videos I am entitled to. The Xbox consoles are a MAJOR platform that Amazon needs to run correctly on, and I am expecting a serious response to this issue as well as a very timely resolution. My response here should provide you with EVERYTHING you need to fix this problem;certainly everything that I have access to. I don’t expect you to continue pestering me for additional information regarding this problem to waste time & avoid fixing the problem. Please just fix the problem. It’s a real problem. It needs to be fixed. Urgently.

And please don’t respond by telling me how sorry you are that I’m having an unpleasant customer experience, because I don’t care how sorry you are. What I *DO* care about is what you are going to do about this problem that is affecting me & others, and exactly when we can expect a fix to be provided. 

Thank You. I look forward to your response.

5. Sgt Robbins 56 Win User

Xbox One and Amazon Prime Video.

I checked the list and have done all they have listed. I have reset the router, factory reset the box, uninstalled and reinstalled the Amazon Prime video.

I have spent 5 hours with amazon support and 2 hours with Xbox support. I have an Xbox One and Xbox One X that have the same problem with Amazon Prime Video.

I can go into Prime Video, select a video, the video will play, I hear the audio but have a black screen.

I have tried the Xbox on two T.V.s. I tried the Amazon Prime Video on the Xbox 360 and it works.

Amazon Prime Video is worked up until 10 days ago. And is the only video app not working correctly.
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

Amazon instant video

Amazon Instant Video shows any films purchased through Amazon and any Amazon Prime content.

Xbox doesn't have a Prime App, rather Xbox Video which only shows films and shows purchased through Xbox Store.

If films/shows purchased from Amazon aren't showing in Amazon Instant Video app you will need to contact Amazon Customer Support to verify your purchases.

Remember, Amazon Prime content changes so they remove films/shows periodically and add new ones. Amazon Instant Video purchases remain all the time.
Thema:

1. Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox - Similar Threads - Amazon Prime Video

2. Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,: Running all the correct cables and settings, bar turning off HDR, as I shouldn't have to change settings every time I want to watch one app. But Amazon Prime, 10 minutes into any show and it...
  3. Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?: I had the Amazon Prime video app registered on my xbox one and de-registered it today without meaning to. Is there a way to remotely re-register my Amazon Prime video to my box by using my phone?...
  4. Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video: Hello everyone, can you tell me if it is normal that my SERIE X does not display UHD with the Prime VIDEO app? I have a JZ1000 and the native TV app works fine....
  5. Amazon Prime video app crashing Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon Prime video app crashing Xbox series X: I’ve been watching the Grand Tour on the Amazon prime video app on my Xbox Series X. Some episodes (session 1 - ep 9 & 11) are crashing the Xbox a few seconds in starting them with then video...
  6. Xbox 360 Prime Video - Email von Amazon

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Prime Video - Email von Amazon: Hallo, seit einiger Zeit bekomme ich Emails von Amazon, in denen darauf hingewiesen wird, dass die Prime Video App auf der Xbox 360 ab dem 01.11.2021 nicht mehr unterstützt wird. Ist das...
  7. amazon prime video

in XBoX on Consoles
    amazon prime video: is any one else having problems with amazon prime video i'm not hearing the actors speaking only on my Xbox it works just fine on my laptop 18465574-d84c-437a-a68b-0add36083565
  8. Error accessing Amazon Prime Video via XboxOne due to update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error accessing Amazon Prime Video via XboxOne due to update: Hello, MY Amazon Prime Video App recently underwent an update and I am now unable to access the app. I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks. The Xbox website shown below does not...
  9. Amazon Prime Video on XBOX Series S --- continuuous resolution changing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime Video on XBOX Series S --- continuuous resolution changing: I literally cannot find an answer to this anywhere because I guess people don't have this issue.. but here goes, hopefully someone can help! Every time I try to stream something the video...
  10. Problem/Bug with Amazon Prime Video

in XboX Insiders
    Problem/Bug with Amazon Prime Video: I don’t really know what is going on but it keeps zooming in and out when I’m watching a movie. My hands are off the controller it just zooms in and out. I have a video of it but I can’t post...