Amazon Prime Video app download error

Discus and support Amazon Prime Video app download error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded my xbox one to xbox one X today. Only problem I've had is with the app for Amazon Prime Video which we use all the time. After downloading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LanceBerberian, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Amazon Prime Video app download error

I upgraded my xbox one to xbox one X today. Only problem I've had is with the app for Amazon Prime Video which we use all the time. After downloading it, it comes back with "getting your app ready" followed by a popup of "We're having trouble with this:
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling this. To uninstall... ...(0x80073cf0)." I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 8 times always with the same result. I can't seem to find anything on this error code. How do I get Amazon Prime Video app back?!?

:)

LanceBerberian, Nov 20, 2018
  2. xbox support for amazon instant video in canada

Will there be an Xbox 360 update to enable support for Amazon Prime video, which was just announced as available in Canada. The app in the store gives a region error when I try to download it

DiatomicSolid88, Nov 20, 2018
  3. TanviA
    TanviA Guest
    Amazon Prime is Available in India, Why XBox App for Prime Video is not available ?

Amazon Prime service is available in India,

Why XBox App for Prime Video is not available ?.

How to install Prime Video App on XBox 360?.

TanviA, Nov 20, 2018
  4. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest

Hi Lance,

I'm sorry to hear about the persisting issue with the Amazon Prime Video App. Now just to clarify you're only having issues with this app? If you haven't already
    I would recommend trying to remove and re-add your
    account

Side Note: It is very important to make sure you know the primary email/password to the account before removing it from the console.

Try this step out and let us know how it goes.

XBF Leslie D, Nov 20, 2018
  5. yes, this is the only app I'm having issues with. No problems with others like Hulu or Netflix.

I don't even get to a point where I can put in my amazon account info. This is strictly an issue with the amazon app download.

6. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Hi, give this a shot, uninstall the app, then on the Xbox go to settings/ network/ network settings/ advanced settings/ alternate MAC address, select Clear and then select Restart. Try downloading the app after the restart and see if it then works.

EggsBoxJuan, Nov 20, 2018
  7. I will try this in a bit. having a new issue now... removed my user account from the xbox, and it logged me out as the first poster suggested. I then tried adding my account but when I do I get "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is already here. Another user on this deice
    uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here." However, under sign in, there i'm not listed. only option is to add new.

8. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Lance thanks for keeping in touch!

We are sorry these issues keep arising but rest assured we are here to help. We suggest a reset of the console since
    the problem might be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a

Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)
    What we are trying to do is clearing out any and all caches and corrupt data and this would clear up a bunch of issues including the one at hand. Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup.
    Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 20, 2018
  9. and I have tried rebooting a couple times. even under remove accounts it says "all clear. there are no accounts on this xbox."

10. kardevil2
    kardevil2 Guest
    CContate suporte caso algo mais não dei...

kardevil2, Nov 20, 2018
  11. THANK YOU!!! I finally got logged into my account (not sure how) and first tried the suggestion of resetting the alternate MAC address. Unfortunately that did not do anything to help the Amazon app issue. So I
    went through the Soft Factory Reset and that DID do the trick. I got the Amazon app to download and sign in and got signed in to all the other apps as well. I guess it got corrupted downloading and signing into so many at once. Anyway, thank you for your
    help!!

12. Halo28x
    Halo28x Guest
    So how were you abke to download a valid copy because im havjng the same issue as you were. “Try uninstallin and reinstalling this. To install, go to your games and apps, select this one, and press tge menue button on your controller. (0x80073cf0)” as the
    error has done the same deleted uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing don’t even get far enough to be able to open app. If you could tell me what you did to fix it please?

Halo28x, Nov 24, 2018
  13. cbjb1
    cbjb1 Guest

I have the exact same problem. If it is an OS issue as suggested, that doesn't give me a lot of confidence in having just spent over 400 dollars on a new Xbox because the old one was freezing up a bunch. C'mon, Microsoft.

cbjb1, Nov 6, 2018
  14. Halo28x Win User

THANK YOU!!! I finally got logged into my account (not sure how) and first tried the suggestion of resetting the alternate MAC address. Unfortunately that did not do anything to help the Amazon app issue.
    So I went through the Soft Factory Reset and that DID do the trick. I got the Amazon app to download and sign in and got signed in to all the other apps as well. I guess it got corrupted downloading and signing into so many at once. Anyway, thank you for
    your help!!
    So how were you abke to download a valid copy because im havjng the same issue as you were. “Try uninstallin and reinstalling this. To install, go to your games and apps, select this one, and press tge menue button on your controller. (0x80073cf0)” as the
    error has done the same deleted uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing don’t even get far enough to be able to open app. If you could tell me what you did to fix it please?
  15. LanceBerberian Win User

THANK YOU!!! I finally got logged into my account (not sure how) and first tried the suggestion of resetting the alternate MAC address. Unfortunately that did not do anything to help the Amazon app issue. So I
    went through the Soft Factory Reset and that DID do the trick. I got the Amazon app to download and sign in and got signed in to all the other apps as well. I guess it got corrupted downloading and signing into so many at once. Anyway, thank you for your
    help!!
  16. LanceBerberian Win User

I will try this in a bit. having a new issue now... removed my user account from the xbox, and it logged me out as the first poster suggested. I then tried adding my account but when I do I get "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is already here. Another user on this deice
    uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here." However, under sign in, there i'm not listed. only option is to add new.
  17. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi Lance,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel
    free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  18. LanceBerberian Win User

and I have tried rebooting a couple times. even under remove accounts it says "all clear. there are no accounts on this xbox."
Thema:

1. Amazon Prime Video app download error - Similar Threads - Amazon Prime Video

2. Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox: When will Amazon fix their app on Xbox? It hasn’t worked since October 2023. It just loads and loads, then says “Something went wrong!” I’ve tried troubleshooting with Xbox AND Amazon several...
  3. Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,: Running all the correct cables and settings, bar turning off HDR, as I shouldn't have to change settings every time I want to watch one app. But Amazon Prime, 10 minutes into any show and it...
  4. Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?: I had the Amazon Prime video app registered on my xbox one and de-registered it today without meaning to. Is there a way to remotely re-register my Amazon Prime video to my box by using my phone?...
  5. Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video: Hello everyone, can you tell me if it is normal that my SERIE X does not display UHD with the Prime VIDEO app? I have a JZ1000 and the native TV app works fine....
  6. Amazon Prime video app crashing Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon Prime video app crashing Xbox series X: I’ve been watching the Grand Tour on the Amazon prime video app on my Xbox Series X. Some episodes (session 1 - ep 9 & 11) are crashing the Xbox a few seconds in starting them with then video...
  7. Xbox 360 Prime Video - Email von Amazon

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Prime Video - Email von Amazon: Hallo, seit einiger Zeit bekomme ich Emails von Amazon, in denen darauf hingewiesen wird, dass die Prime Video App auf der Xbox 360 ab dem 01.11.2021 nicht mehr unterstützt wird. Ist das...
  8. amazon prime video

in XBoX on Consoles
    amazon prime video: is any one else having problems with amazon prime video i'm not hearing the actors speaking only on my Xbox it works just fine on my laptop 18465574-d84c-437a-a68b-0add36083565
  9. Error accessing Amazon Prime Video via XboxOne due to update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error accessing Amazon Prime Video via XboxOne due to update: Hello, MY Amazon Prime Video App recently underwent an update and I am now unable to access the app. I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks. The Xbox website shown below does not...
  10. Amazon Prime Video on XBOX Series S --- continuuous resolution changing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime Video on XBOX Series S --- continuuous resolution changing: I literally cannot find an answer to this anywhere because I guess people don't have this issue.. but here goes, hopefully someone can help! Every time I try to stream something the video...