Amazon Prime Video App- Black Screen when playing TV shows still get audio

Discus and support Amazon Prime Video App- Black Screen when playing TV shows still get audio in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Every time I play one show on the Amazon Prime video app on Xbox One the next show which play goes to a black screen. I will still get audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lang 77, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Lang 77
    Lang 77 Guest

Hi,

Every time I play one show on the Amazon Prime video app on Xbox One the next show which play goes to a black screen. I will still get audio playing but regardless of pausing, fast forwarding, or going back, or skipping shows there is no video. Its strange
    because I get the advertisements to play, but not the actually show.

Every time this happens I need to uninstall the Amazon App, reinstall it, and then watch 1 show. Then repeat the process. Its very time consuming and I never had an issue on any of my other devices or computer. Is there a fix to this?

My xbox one is hardwired Ethernet and there is no lag time for other apps.

Thanks!

:)

Lang 77, Jun 19, 2015
  2. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    Amazon instant video

Amazon Instant Video shows any films purchased through Amazon and any Amazon Prime content.

Xbox doesn't have a Prime App, rather Xbox Video which only shows films and shows purchased through Xbox Store.

If films/shows purchased from Amazon aren't showing in Amazon Instant Video app you will need to contact Amazon Customer Support to verify your purchases.

Remember, Amazon Prime content changes so they remove films/shows periodically and add new ones. Amazon Instant Video purchases remain all the time.

Bazajaytee, Jun 19, 2015
  3. TWO1020
    TWO1020 Guest
    Purchasing Amazon Videos

Why can I not download or purchase videos on the Amazon video app if I have an Amazon Prime account? This was honestly one huge reason I purchased the Xbox, to watch movies and TV shows from the apps I have.

TWO1020, Jun 19, 2015
  4. Lang 77
    Lang 77 Guest

Can I get an update on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Lang 77, Jun 23, 2015
  5. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there Lang 77,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. As you may have tried some of these steps previously, I would suggest trying them out in this particular order.

• Uninstall the Amazon Instant Video App from your Xbox One console.
    • Power cycle your Xbox One console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will power down.
    • Once your console is off, unplug the console from the power source and wait three minutes.
    • Then, plug all the cords back in and turn the console back on.
    • Reinstall the Amazon Instant Video app and try watching videos again.
    If the steps above didn't make a difference, please come on back and let us know. Thanks in advance!

Miss Diggz, Jun 24, 2015
  6. Lang 77
    Lang 77 Guest
    Hi,

That did not make any difference and I tried twice. Still same situation. One video plays fine in perfect quality the following video is all black screen with only audio, but if an Amazon ad plays then that shows fine..

Lang 77, Jun 25, 2015
  7. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there Lang 77,

Apologies on the delayed response! So since you've tried the troubleshooting steps I've listed above a few times and you're still experiencing the same issue, I would next suggest restarting your Internet modem/router/gateway to ensure you have the best
    possible connection and try using the
    Amazon Instant Video app
    again.

If after you try that and you're still not seeing a difference, we recommend hitting up

Amazon support
    and their
    streaming video support page
    as they are the best equipped to assist you further with what you're experiencing. Feel free to let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Miss Diggz, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Lang 77 Win User

Hi,

That did not make any difference and I tried twice. Still same situation. One video plays fine in perfect quality the following video is all black screen with only audio, but if an Amazon ad plays then that shows fine..
  9. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there Lang 77,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. As you may have tried some of these steps previously, I would suggest trying them out in this particular order.

• Uninstall the Amazon Instant Video App from your Xbox One console.
    • Power cycle your Xbox One console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will power down.
    • Once your console is off, unplug the console from the power source and wait three minutes.
    • Then, plug all the cords back in and turn the console back on.
    • Reinstall the Amazon Instant Video app and try watching videos again.
    If the steps above didn't make a difference, please come on back and let us know. Thanks in advance!
  10. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there Lang 77,

Apologies on the delayed response! So since you've tried the troubleshooting steps I've listed above a few times and you're still experiencing the same issue, I would next suggest restarting your Internet modem/router/gateway to ensure you have the best
    possible connection and try using the
    Amazon Instant Video app
    again.

If after you try that and you're still not seeing a difference, we recommend hitting up

Amazon support
    and their
    streaming video support page
    as they are the best equipped to assist you further with what you're experiencing. Feel free to let us know how it goes. Thanks!
  11. Lang 77 Win User

Can I get an update on how to fix this?

Thanks!
  12. Sgt Robbins 56 Win User

Xbox One and Amazon Prime Video.

I checked the list and have done all they have listed. I have reset the router, factory reset the box, uninstalled and reinstalled the Amazon Prime video.

I have spent 5 hours with amazon support and 2 hours with Xbox support. I have an Xbox One and Xbox One X that have the same problem with Amazon Prime Video.

I can go into Prime Video, select a video, the video will play, I hear the audio but have a black screen.

I have tried the Xbox on two T.V.s. I tried the Amazon Prime Video on the Xbox 360 and it works.

Amazon Prime Video is worked up until 10 days ago. And is the only video app not working correctly.
Thema:

1. Amazon Prime Video App- Black Screen when playing TV shows still get audio - Similar Threads - Amazon Prime Video

2. Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox: When will Amazon fix their app on Xbox? It hasn’t worked since October 2023. It just loads and loads, then says “Something went wrong!” I’ve tried troubleshooting with Xbox AND Amazon several...
  3. Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,: Running all the correct cables and settings, bar turning off HDR, as I shouldn't have to change settings every time I want to watch one app. But Amazon Prime, 10 minutes into any show and it...
  4. Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?: I had the Amazon Prime video app registered on my xbox one and de-registered it today without meaning to. Is there a way to remotely re-register my Amazon Prime video to my box by using my phone?...
  5. Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video: Hello everyone, can you tell me if it is normal that my SERIE X does not display UHD with the Prime VIDEO app? I have a JZ1000 and the native TV app works fine....
  6. Amazon Prime video app crashing Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon Prime video app crashing Xbox series X: I’ve been watching the Grand Tour on the Amazon prime video app on my Xbox Series X. Some episodes (session 1 - ep 9 & 11) are crashing the Xbox a few seconds in starting them with then video...
  7. Xbox 360 Prime Video - Email von Amazon

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Prime Video - Email von Amazon: Hallo, seit einiger Zeit bekomme ich Emails von Amazon, in denen darauf hingewiesen wird, dass die Prime Video App auf der Xbox 360 ab dem 01.11.2021 nicht mehr unterstützt wird. Ist das...
  8. amazon prime video

in XBoX on Consoles
    amazon prime video: is any one else having problems with amazon prime video i'm not hearing the actors speaking only on my Xbox it works just fine on my laptop 18465574-d84c-437a-a68b-0add36083565
  9. Error accessing Amazon Prime Video via XboxOne due to update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error accessing Amazon Prime Video via XboxOne due to update: Hello, MY Amazon Prime Video App recently underwent an update and I am now unable to access the app. I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks. The Xbox website shown below does not...
  10. Amazon Prime Video on XBOX Series S --- continuuous resolution changing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime Video on XBOX Series S --- continuuous resolution changing: I literally cannot find an answer to this anywhere because I guess people don't have this issue.. but here goes, hopefully someone can help! Every time I try to stream something the video...