Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

Discus and support Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos, in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Running all the correct cables and settings, bar turning off HDR, as I shouldn't have to change settings every time I want to watch one app. But... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Iain Sy, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Iain Sy
    Iain Sy Guest

Running all the correct cables and settings, bar turning off HDR, as I shouldn't have to change settings every time I want to watch one app.

But Amazon Prime, 10 minutes into any show and it dims noticeably becoming too dark. Only hard resetting my Xbox fixes the issue, but it continues to this day.

LGCX 55

Series X

8k supported 2.1HDMI (reccomended through various threads)

VRR on auto HDR off.

Nothing I try through forums ever solves this problem, even Amazon customer services don't seem capable of finding a fix!

What do we do about this!?

:)

Iain Sy, Aug 29, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Iain Sy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you notice the videos of Amazon Prime to dim when being played on Xbox device. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To ensure we understand your concern correctly, we would like to confirm few things:

1. When you mention, I want to watch one app, can we confirm if this issue happens when you try to stream other video sites or app? What other app or sites this issue happens?
    2. May we ask how was your experience in playing games? Does the screen dim the light?
    3. May we know if you can try using different TV and see if issue persist.
    4. Is the HDMI you describe is the one that comes with Xbox Console or TV, or you specifically bought it.

There is a possibility that this could be an issue depending on the movie/videos being played, or simply the settings for the TV and Xbox will cause the dim of the video. Otherwise, we are not certain if there is no other way for us to test this to happen on other TV.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Amazon is responsible for their own apps. You need to contact their customer service about their issues with tickling the idle timer. You should hold down the guide button and select "report a problem", which is the best, most direct way to get reports to their team, as well as contacting their customer service
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Sgt Robbins 56 Win User

Xbox One and Amazon Prime Video.

I checked the list and have done all they have listed. I have reset the router, factory reset the box, uninstalled and reinstalled the Amazon Prime video.

I have spent 5 hours with amazon support and 2 hours with Xbox support. I have an Xbox One and Xbox One X that have the same problem with Amazon Prime Video.

I can go into Prime Video, select a video, the video will play, I hear the audio but have a black screen.

I have tried the Xbox on two T.V.s. I tried the Amazon Prime Video on the Xbox 360 and it works.

Amazon Prime Video is worked up until 10 days ago. And is the only video app not working correctly.
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

Amazon instant video

Amazon Instant Video shows any films purchased through Amazon and any Amazon Prime content.

Xbox doesn't have a Prime App, rather Xbox Video which only shows films and shows purchased through Xbox Store.

If films/shows purchased from Amazon aren't showing in Amazon Instant Video app you will need to contact Amazon Customer Support to verify your purchases.

Remember, Amazon Prime content changes so they remove films/shows periodically and add new ones. Amazon Instant Video purchases remain all the time.
Thema:

1. Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos, - Similar Threads - Amazon prime still

2. i claim fallout 76 for free from amazon prime, but coudnt download it neither from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i claim fallout 76 for free from amazon prime, but coudnt download it neither from...: the issue is every time i hit the install button on the Microsoft store, the install button turns grey, and nothing happens afterwards. i did try to download it from Xbox app but another issue...
  3. Amazon Prime app disappeared from Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon Prime app disappeared from Xbox Series X: Hello, So today's Xbox update installed, and after the console restarted it kept trying to update my Amazon Prime app, but going to updates showed 0% progress and no updates to actually install....
  4. Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work on Xbox: When will Amazon fix their app on Xbox? It hasn’t worked since October 2023. It just loads and loads, then says “Something went wrong!” I’ve tried troubleshooting with Xbox AND Amazon several...
  5. Playback locks up int he same way on Apple TV and Amazon Prime on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback locks up int he same way on Apple TV and Amazon Prime on Xbox Series X: I have a very specific and annoying playback video using streaming service apps on Xbox Series X. Often when I am watching tv shows or movies on my Xbox series x through streaming services, the...
  6. Amazon prime app not loading on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon prime app not loading on Xbox: We have hard wired my Xbox, uninstalled and installed the all. All we get was “something went wrong” Went so far as to take the Xbox off the Amazon account to reset it. Still nothing. We select...
  7. Xbox series X amazon prime app has no 4k.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X amazon prime app has no 4k.: Netflix thru the xbox displays 4k. The amazon prime native app on samsung displays 4k. But the xbox doesnt display 4k. When streaming it will show HD or UHD. But on xbox only HD. Jack ryan...
  8. Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I register my amazon prime video to my xbox by using my phone?: I had the Amazon Prime video app registered on my xbox one and de-registered it today without meaning to. Is there a way to remotely re-register my Amazon Prime video to my box by using my phone?...
  9. Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Serie X with Amazon Prime Video: Hello everyone, can you tell me if it is normal that my SERIE X does not display UHD with the Prime VIDEO app? I have a JZ1000 and the native TV app works fine....
  10. Amazon Prime Video App- Black Screen when playing TV shows still get audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime Video App- Black Screen when playing TV shows still get audio: Hi, Every time I play one show on the Amazon Prime video app on Xbox One the next show which play goes to a black screen. I will still get audio playing but regardless of pausing, fast...