Amazon prime app not loading on Xbox

Discus and support Amazon prime app not loading on Xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; We have hard wired my Xbox, uninstalled and installed the all. All we get was “something went wrong” Went so far as to take the Xbox off the Amazon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lorine Wilson, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Amazon prime app not loading on Xbox

We have hard wired my Xbox, uninstalled and installed the all. All we get was “something went wrong”

Went so far as to take the Xbox off the Amazon account to reset it. Still nothing. We select a show and the application spins for two minutes then we get a “something went wrong”

All other streaming apps work fine, it’s not the internet connection

:)

Lorine Wilson, Oct 31, 2023
  2. Lorine Wilson Win User

It’s working on all other devices.

I do not have a picture of the message, I can tell you there is not a code associated with the error. It just literally says “something went wrong “ which has made this impossible to figure out
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

In this case, I'm going to release your question so that another expert or community member can help you, okay?
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Lorine W, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

It seems the only solutions to this error are to reset or power cycle the console, as noted on our support page here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-0x80070490

However, I would suggest trying a Soft Factory Rest by selecting Reset and keep my games and apps. It will reset the operating system and remove all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or applications and prevent this issue from occurring again.

1. Press the Xbox Button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset console? screen. You will see three options, and you must select reset and keep my games and apps.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if this information is useful to you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. Lorine Wilson Win User

This has been my question since the start. Why do I have to contact Amazon. It’s just not right. I ended up using my fire stick and bypassing the stupid xbox all together. It’s a shame.
  6. Ben Topham Win User

Smarten up, Kyle. That's not our job. Don't keep broken apps on your store. If the app was pulled, whichever company was actually responsible would have to take accountability, or lose customers. Instead they play the blame game and nothing gets fixed. Pathetic business practice. And I've had xbox since the original.
Thema:

1. Amazon prime app not loading on Xbox - Similar Threads - Amazon prime app

2. Amazon Prime app disappeared from Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon Prime app disappeared from Xbox Series X: Hello, So today's Xbox update installed, and after the console restarted it kept trying to update my Amazon Prime app, but going to updates showed 0% progress and no updates to actually install....
  3. Xbox series X amazon prime app has no 4k.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X amazon prime app has no 4k.: Netflix thru the xbox displays 4k. The amazon prime native app on samsung displays 4k. But the xbox doesnt display 4k. When streaming it will show HD or UHD. But on xbox only HD. Jack ryan...
  4. Amazon Prime App keeps going dark

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon Prime App keeps going dark: My Amazon prime app keeps going dark seconds into watching a tv show or movie. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the issue is still occurring. What is going on? Is this a software...
  5. Amazon Prime video app crashing Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon Prime video app crashing Xbox series X: I’ve been watching the Grand Tour on the Amazon prime video app on my Xbox Series X. Some episodes (session 1 - ep 9 & 11) are crashing the Xbox a few seconds in starting them with then video...
  6. My Amazon prime app disappeared

in XBoX on Windows
    My Amazon prime app disappeared: My amazon prime app disappeared. I don't know why. 8cc1cd69-3b2a-44ff-9c9d-ae47db5e1fdf
  7. Amazon Prime Video App issue (UK)

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon Prime Video App issue (UK): Just wondering if there are more people with the same issue. The app freezes after 30s of starting a video and the controls don't work. I need to press home button to quit the app. Reinstalling,...
  8. Why can't I install amazon prime app on my Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install amazon prime app on my Xbox: Why can't I install Amazon Prime app 97ff0777-b775-4874-bb02-d84aa6fe4feb
  9. Amazon Prime App Navigation Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon Prime App Navigation Issues: I am able to open and watch, the problem is with navigating the menus. It doesn't highlight so I have to click and blackout until I get to the item I want to interact with. So frustrating...
  10. Amazon Prime Video App On Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Prime Video App On Xbox One S: amazon prime video app does not work on my xbox one s. a white screen come when i start that app. it looks like a negative photo filter. 2343bc42-af54-4c49-9e36-d609aba2f1a3