Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally

Discus and support Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've spent hours trying to solve this to no avail. I've streamed Pandora for years with no problem. Then today I noticed Pandora began to stream but no... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Noctufaber, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Noctufaber
    Noctufaber Guest

Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally

I've spent hours trying to solve this to no avail. I've streamed Pandora for years with no problem. Then today I noticed Pandora began to stream but no sound. I can see the app is playing the music, but you hear
    nothing. When you pause and restart, there is a split second of music, then it stops very quickly. I downloaded the Amazon Music App and it does the same. Youtube works fine and all other sounds are functioning fine, just music streaming on these two apps.
    I've hard rebooted and still no sound. I've read that others are experiencing this issue but so far no answers have been posted. Can someone direct me on how to fix this? Thanks!

:)

Noctufaber, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Noctufaber Win User

Ugh. I finally found it. This is a super lame feature causing a lot of grief to a lot of people. Here's what I did to fix it:

1. Open Pandora or Amazon Music. Make sure you start a song. You still won't hear it for now but trust me on this.

2. Go to the Home screen by hitting the large white button with the X in the middle of it.

3. You should see a list of recent apps and Pandora should be at the top of the list (or Amazon Music). Select it.

4. You should next see simplified controls for pausing the existing song or going to the next or previous song. And there it is! A stupid horizontal volume slider specific to the volume for this app.

5. Use your controller to navigate to the slider control and move the volume from the left to the right. Behold! You can now hear your song playing!

Someone somewhere thought this was a good idea, and if it is, why the heck isn't this volume control part of the main Pandora app? I also couldn't find these controls under the settings (gear/cog) menu. I'm guessing this is some kind of runtime-volume-setting
    that is only accessible in the weird way described above? Anyway, I hope this helps someone through this crappy design.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

The Pandora app and Amazon music apps function as background apps or snapped apps as they are called on Xbox One and since the app is running in the background, the audio controls are accessed using a submenu since the app is not open on full screen. Accessing
    the audio controls can be confusing, but I believe it works similar on PC when you use these apps in a snapped format, playing in the background while you use games or other apps so its just the functionality of music apps that play in the background. When
    a background music app is playing, you can also access the Volume controls under the Display and Sound Settings, then look for Sound Mixer.

We appreciate the feedback on how to access the audio controls for these apps that I'm sure will help many others, so I will go ahead and mark your post as answered and lock the thread. I'll provide some support articles on this topic for further information:

Feel free to come back to the forums anytime you have any questions or concerns and we would be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you and have a great day!
  4. Noctufaber Win User

Yes, that didn't help. And, I've read on other postings in this forum that this same advice was given to others and it didn't work either. I can listen to music on my home network through the Pandora app on my phone as well as the Amazon music app on
    my phone. Both stream the music fine. It's clear to me that the problem is not Pandora or Amazon. The problem has something to do with the Xbox One. This is pretty disappointing and discouraging.
  5. baltyofgod Win User

I've spent hours trying to solve this to no avail. I've streamed Pandora for years with no problem. Then today I noticed Pandora began to stream but no sound. I can see the app is playing the music, but
    you hear nothing. When you pause and restart, there is a split second of music, then it stops very quickly. I downloaded the Amazon Music App and it does the same. Youtube works fine and all other sounds are functioning fine, just music streaming on these
    two apps. I've hard rebooted and still no sound. I've read that others are experiencing this issue but so far no answers have been posted. Can someone direct me on how to fix this? Thanks!
    Hi, have you tried uninstalling and redownloading the app? I also suggest you see if there are problems in the app maybe with the last update will have had some problem bug.
  6. Chae247 Win User

Background music

In the new update it stated "Background Music: Today’s update brings the ability for the highly requested feature of Background Music, which lets you listen to your favorite music in the background while gaming on Xbox One. The Pandora app, launching soon,
    is the first of many partners who will support Background Music, with Groove Music, iHeartRadio and other apps coming later."

Pandora is coming soon, as stated in the update release. However, there is one current App that will work with this function called CAST, it is a free music app. You can use this now until the other music apps are updated to work with the new Background
    Music feature.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally - Similar Threads - Amazon Music App

2. Why won't my Amazon Music work right and my Series X and S version GTA 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Amazon Music work right and my Series X and S version GTA 5?: Every time I try to listen to music in Amazon Music it just shows a blurry screen with a random background. Also, the series X and S version of GTA has some sort of bug that I know some other...
  3. No sound from Spotify,Deezer and Amazon music on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No sound from Spotify,Deezer and Amazon music on Series X: not one of the music streaming apps will play any sound on my series x.. The console is connected by HDMI to a Dolby Atmos capable Vizio sound bar. I have no other sound problems with anything. I...
  4. Amazon music beta artists songs ..

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon music beta artists songs ..: Anyone else having trouble finding the song they want to play does not matter what artist I click on it won play there songs it just loads up other artists songs submitted by /u/penybont...
  5. Amazon music beta incorrect songs

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon music beta incorrect songs: The songs you play are not the correct songs. I clicked on new releases on main menu and chose Little Mix song and instead a band I never heard of played. I also tried searching for artist called...
  6. amazon music app Austria xbox store

in XboX Insiders
    amazon music app Austria xbox store: hello does anyone know when the amazon music app will appear in the xbox store in austria? i would like to access my playlist via the xbox. submitted by /u/shredder1511 [link] [comments]
  7. Amazon Music App.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Music App.: I am trying to access playlists I've made on Amazon Music but the songs are not showing on the Xbox. I have contacted Amazon as well regarding this. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, logging...
  8. Audio Quality through Amazon Music app via XBox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio Quality through Amazon Music app via XBox One: Hello... I'm trying to optimize my audio sources and now that my Amazon HD subscription includes lossless FLACC streaming of certain tracks to certain devices, I'm curious what my result is with...
  9. Amazon Music app for Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Music app for Xbox: Hey folks, been at this for a couple hours now to no avail so now I am here at the only option I've come across so far. Using the Amazon Music app on my Xbox one. While playing my music on...
  10. Amazon Music App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Amazon Music App: Is there any chance we will be getting the Amazon Music app for xbox one anytime soon? I subscribe to that already and I would love to actually be able to listen to my music the same as I can on...