Amazon Alexa Skill for Xbox One in Australia.

Discus and support Amazon Alexa Skill for Xbox One in Australia. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased an Amazon Echo Dot and was wondering when we can expect to be able to use Alexa in Australia? I know it is only available in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FrankLimonelli, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Amazon Alexa Skill for Xbox One in Australia.

Hi,

I recently purchased an Amazon Echo Dot and was wondering when we can expect to be able to use Alexa in Australia? I know it is only available in US and UK atm but was really wanting to use my Dot on my Xbox here in Aus. Can we please arrange for this to
    happen as I really would love to control my Xbox with my voice. Also I see the option to use digital assistants in the settings on the Xbox but its not letting me use the Dot because the skill that you need to download won’t come up in the Amazon app. So if
    we can get this feature up and running soon that’d be GREAT! Thanks

:)

FrankLimonelli, Mar 14, 2019
  2. ScottHancock Win User

Hi,

I recently purchased an Amazon Echo Dot and was wondering when we can expect to be able to use Alexa in Australia? I know it is only available in US and UK atm but was really wanting to use my Dot on my Xbox here in Aus. Can we please arrange for this to
    happen as I really would love to control my Xbox with my voice. Also I see the option to use digital assistants in the settings on the Xbox but its not letting me use the Dot because the skill that you need to download won’t come up in the Amazon app. So if
    we can get this feature up and running soon that’d be GREAT! Thanks
    ok mate this is what I did, this might not be a solution for you but I bought an alexa purely to do this, I have google home for everything else, so I didn't care about other skills.

I made a brand new amazon account on the US amazon website, after that set up it assumed my location to be AU, so I went to "http://www.amazon.com/mycd",
    selected preferences and then entered a fake US address, it will ask you if you are ok for it to change everything to US, this will stuff up your Australian purchases I assume so make sure it's a brand new account.

Then go back to the skill "https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox/dp/B07H25BSCN"
    and link your Microsoft account again. now close you app on your phone and reopen it, it should now have everything coming up like you are in America.

Alexa will start talking like an American when you do this too.

Any more questions or you are stuck just let me know.
  3. FrankLimonelli Win User

Thanks. Will post it there as well and hope we can get this moving!
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

As previously mentioned head over to
    xbox uservoice
    and post this over there.

Back when Cortana was a thing, I was waiting for her to be available in Australia, but that never came to be. So I don't know if we will get this to be honest.
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Good day

I would suggest you post on the user voice website aswell.

xbox.uservoice.com
  6. FrankLimonelli Win User

Thanks for advice. Will do.
Thema:

1. Amazon Alexa Skill for Xbox One in Australia. - Similar Threads - Amazon Alexa Skill

2. Permission to resell on amazon

in XBoX on Windows
    Permission to resell on amazon: Hi, I wanted to sell xbox gaming passes on amazon but i need an authorised letter i think? How would i go about getting one and what are the requirements? 39b645c1-fba4-475e-a79b-a85a2f5a4c05
  3. i claim fallout 76 for free from amazon prime, but coudnt download it neither from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i claim fallout 76 for free from amazon prime, but coudnt download it neither from...: the issue is every time i hit the install button on the Microsoft store, the install button turns grey, and nothing happens afterwards. i did try to download it from Xbox app but another issue...
  4. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  5. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  6. Amazon Prime app disappeared from Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon Prime app disappeared from Xbox Series X: Hello, So today's Xbox update installed, and after the console restarted it kept trying to update my Amazon Prime app, but going to updates showed 0% progress and no updates to actually install....
  7. I purchased a Xbox Series S via Amazon 15 months ago while it worked fine initally it no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I purchased a Xbox Series S via Amazon 15 months ago while it worked fine initally it no...: Im looking for options in India to get my X box series S purchased in July 23 serviced/ repaired or replaced it no longer powers on.Ive tried raising a service request using my Microsoft account...
  8. If i buy a Fortnite bundle from amazon labelled as for "Xbox one / Xbox series x/s " will...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i buy a Fortnite bundle from amazon labelled as for "Xbox one / Xbox series x/s " will...: Hello, i am wondering if i were to buy this pack...
  9. Amazon alexa and Xbox in Ireland

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon alexa and Xbox in Ireland: Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has encounter this problem/solved it. So trying to link my xbox series x and alexa together. When I search for the device or skill for xbox it doesn't exist. I...
  10. removing xbox one from amazon alexa

in XBoX on Consoles
    removing xbox one from amazon alexa: how do i remove my Xbox one from my friends amazon Alexa device? preferably permanently. to give a little background on this, my roommate/friend has an echo device set up in his room (with his...