Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One

Discus and support Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="Fear The Doctor"]Its very good . Sharp and smooth. After tax, I ended up paying as much as if i'd bought it from a shop so I don't feel... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by voteDC, Apr 30, 2014.

1. voteDC
    voteDC Guest

[quote user="Fear The Doctor"]Its very good . Sharp and smooth. After tax, I ended up paying as much as if i'd bought it from a shop so I don't feel too guilty now.

Just trying to get used to the web slinging. LT, RT, doh![/quote]I hope the One version is better than the 360 incarnation because I have to say that it is crap.

The combat is okay. It's pretty much the staple we are used to from playing games like the Arkham series and Sleeping Dogs. It doesn't feel as good as any of them though, it doesn't flow as smoothly and the camera seems to actively fight you.

The game looks bad. I thought the guy coming out of the store at the beginning was Flash Thompson he was so broad. It didn't look like the comic or Andrew Garfield.

Spider-Man in costume looks okay but every enemy I've fought is horribly animated and look really poorly put together. Black Cat looked great in her brief appearance.

The city is...well to be honest I think Web of Shadows made a better looking New York and that game is around five years old.

Web-slinging is okay, I kind of like having to swing with the left and right triggers, even if it does make me hit the wrong trigger at times.

I can't speak for the One incarnation but the 360 verson should have been delayed indefinitely and sent to live on a farm that we can never visit.

:)

voteDC, Apr 30, 2014
  2. mark1000
    mark1000 Guest
  3. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Lofty Who, Apr 30, 2014
  4. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest

Noticing a bit of screen tear now. The weather effects and lighting are great.

Not going to set the world alight games-wise but i'm enjoying it.

ShaunPerry, Apr 30, 2014
  5. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    My lovely wife just txt me over a Xbox LIVE Code so I can download this ( hoping that it is out in the UK tomorrow )

Mind you, not that I'm suspicious but this could end up costing me more :-/

Lofty Who, Apr 30, 2014
  6. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
  7. Watched a few vids (and the digital foundry analysis) and that screen tear would annoy the hell out of me...

MetalGearFloppy, Apr 30, 2014
  8. Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One

It's on the UK market place now for £49.99, from some of the streams I've watched though it's not one I'll be in any rush to play.

artful c0dger, May 1, 2014
  9. It's not worth £49.99... not in the slightest...

MetalGearFloppy, May 1, 2014
  10. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    ( What I said about it in the other Spiderman thread )

Well I downloaded it ( XB1 version ) and so far I think it's pretty fun.

Graphics won't win any awards but after about an hour of play I'm yet to see any screen tearing that's been reported.

Like the previous game, combat is a pretty simple affair, hit, dodge, counter ... ...

I've not done much of the main story but the side missions seem pretty varied, stop a street mugging, rescue people from a burning building, save a kidnap victim from a moving car, take various photos, collectibles, plenty to do.

Like the first game though the most fun is when your swinging about the city, this is always fun, I mean who doesn't want to be Spiderman for an hour or so? Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One ;)

So far, nothing outstanding by any means but good old fun.

Lofty Who, May 2, 2014
  11. Oh no, I aint paying a full £50 smackeroonies for it. Half the price or maybe £30 and I will bag it. I am curious to see if the disc version if less the cost of a full retail price due to the game being out already and disc release being delayed.

Mark Sherwood, May 2, 2014
  12. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    I said in the other thread that my lovely wife got this for me, well got me the Xbox LIVE credit so I could download it.

Knowing what I know now ( having played it for a few hours ) would I recommend people paying £50 for it? no but I have played worse for the same price.

It's fun though especially if you enjoyed the previous game and I'd recommend anyone picking it up when the price drops.

Lofty Who, May 2, 2014
  13. voteDC
    voteDC Guest

Congrats on getting the Tipster icon Lofty.

The problem I have is that beyond the web-slinging there is nothing in the game to make me want to play it.

voteDC, May 2, 2014
  14. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Thanks vote, I was hoping for the best looking forum member badge though Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One ;)

I played a bit more of Spiderman last night and still quite enjoying it.

It's just a nice game to chill out to, like last night, didn't bother with none of the missions, just went swinging about collecting comic book pages.

When you doing some of the missions, the voice acting is pretty cheesy, it sort of reminds me of a b movie, you know it's been rushed together, the acting is poor but something just makes you hang on until the end.

Again I wouldn't recommend no-one paying full price for this, when it drops in price or you see it cheap then yes as I've played a lot worse games.

Lofty Who, May 2, 2014
  15. You cant have that badge with that hat mate Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One :p Seriously though, congrats Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One :)

Mark Sherwood, May 4, 2014
Thema:

1. Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Amazing Spider Man

2. Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...: Hello Microsoft & XBox friends, sorry for the previous post (when I Googled where to submit ideas to Microsoft it took me to the main r/xboxinsiders ,didn't know there's a category of threads like...
  3. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  4. Borderlands GOTY (digital) Xbox One spiderant shutdown issue!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GOTY (digital) Xbox One spiderant shutdown issue!: So I have been experiencing the same issue spoken of in this discussion, which was about 3y ago, so it seems it has still not been fixed! I’ll try the suggested fixes & report back…...
  5. microsoft should spider-man games to all xbox’s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft should spider-man games to all xbox’s: i can’t play spider man on xbox and it’s only on ps5 and people go out of their way to buy a ps5 only to play spider man but if you were to add it to xbox it would create a more equal game...
  6. Thrustmaster 458 spider. Not working on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thrustmaster 458 spider. Not working on xbox one: my thrustmaster 450 spider steering wheel. Will not come on or do anything. on my xbox one fb669d58-a53e-4b44-b94a-e4b03e1aa496
  7. How do I install Spider Man Web of Shadows on Xbox 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I install Spider Man Web of Shadows on Xbox 360.: I bought Spider-Man Web of Shadows on Xbox 360 a fair few years ago before it was delisted and have recently picked up an Xbox 360 to play older games. I have checked on the Xbox on purchase...
  8. Spider not recording all wins.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spider not recording all wins.: In the Microsoft solitaire game Spider, it will not rack up every win. I have gone quite far and trying to get to the next level it is annoying to see a win not counted....
  9. WISH TO REINSTALL MY OLD SPIDER SOLITAIRE FROM WIN 10 TO UPGRADED WIN 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WISH TO REINSTALL MY OLD SPIDER SOLITAIRE FROM WIN 10 TO UPGRADED WIN 11?: [mod removed - personal information] 4c00abef-afeb-43bc-9e09-30c93362edcb
  10. New Home Screen is amazing You can finally see your background image better

in XboX Insiders
    New Home Screen is amazing You can finally see your background image better: Turned on my Xbox to a screen notifying me of the new Home Screen where all the icons are at the bottom. I love this! I can see my background a lot better now. I like to change my background image...