Am I running on IPv6 on series X?

Discus and support Am I running on IPv6 on series X? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m not sure if my series x is running on v6, v4 or both? When I look at network advanced settings it shows both(wireless). When I then go further... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/hands-of-scone, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Am I running on IPv6 on series X?

I’m not sure if my series x is running on v6, v4 or both?

When I look at network advanced settings it shows both(wireless). When I then go further into IP settings or DNS settings it only gives me the option to alter IPv4 settings to automatic or manual. No mention of IPv6.

Does this mean that it’s only running on v4? Can you enable it to run only on v6 somehow?

submitted by /u/hands-of-scone
    [link] [comments]

/u/hands-of-scone, Jan 20, 2024
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

How to switch to IPv6

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, may I know which platform device are we referring to here, is it on Windows PC or Xbox console?

If it's on console, to switch from IPv4 to IPv6 on Xbox Series X, you can follow these steps:

On your Xbox Series X, go to Settings.

Select Network.

Select Advanced Settings.

Select IP settings.

Change the "IPv6" setting from "Automatic" to "Manual."

Enter your IPv6 address, subnet prefix length, and default gateway information provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Save your changes.

Note that not all ISPs support IPv6, so you may need to contact your ISP to confirm if they do and obtain the necessary information to set it up on your Xbox Series X.

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. ThatDirtyDave Win User

80151912 can’t connect to Xbox live

I am having the same issue and same error code (80151912) when I'm running the Xbox 360 emulator on my Xbox series X.

I can sign into Xbox live on my Xbox series x but not on the emulator running the Xbox 360.
  4. RobertJooste Win User

Xbox Game pass pc games stuck at the loading screen.

Hi.

This is happening on my xbox series X. I am not running windows.

Any suggestions?
  5. Mauro Sarlat Win User

how do i go to ipv4 to ipv6

Hi M B.

My name is Mauro and I am happy to help you.

For your Xbox console to connect to the Internet using IPv6, your home router must have IPv6 enabled and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) must support IPv6. If your ISP has already unblocked it, you need to check your router settings and make changes needed so it can switch to IPV6 To change it from the console:

1. On the Xbox Series X console, go to Settings.
    2. Select Network.
    3. Select Advanced Settings.
    4. Select IP Settings. Change the "IPv6" setting from "Automatic" to "Manual". Enter the IPv6 address, subnet prefix length, and default gateway information provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
    5. Save your changes.

Sources:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...pv6-on-xbox-series-x/cc47da81-9a90-442d-90d7- 1cdb66802a45

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-settings

Thanks Mauro
  6. aMexicanErb Win User

The most important feature Microsoft missed with the Series X

I am really looking forward to this series X, i am still running on an original Xbox One myself, i was looking to upgrade to a new system myself and then right before i was going to make the purchase they announced the series x, Decided it was worth it
    to wait!
Thema:

Am I running on IPv6 on series X?

1. Am I running on IPv6 on series X? - Similar Threads - running IPv6 series

2. so whenever i run my moniter at 120 hertz it glitches out how do i fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    so whenever i run my moniter at 120 hertz it glitches out how do i fix this?: [img] entire bottom, how to fix? d8690fb6-60d1-42cf-a0bb-67e9ab1e0a35
  3. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  4. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  5. Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error): Hello. Yesterday, I was going to sign up for developer access, but I backed out. Today I decided to go ahead and sign up. I used the same account, but this time it gave me a "Microsoft runs on...
  6. Pc running horrible out of no where.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc running horrible out of no where.: [img] So I’m using the game “ fortnite “ as a benchmark test , I have a 3060 ti with an Intel i510600k and was able to run easily 90-120fps on high settings then out of no where the textures...
  7. Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?: I have an xbox account and i had xbox live up until now and i thought once that live runs out i would just be able to use my account offline and play free games like xbox advertises but no once...
  8. Xbox won't run at 1440p and 120hz at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't run at 1440p and 120hz at the same time: I recently purchased a new monitor for my series x. It is a KOORUI 27 Inch Gaming Monitor . I'm using the hdmi cable that comes.with the Xbox. It lets me select 1440p or 120hz but when I try to...
  9. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  10. How can get my router to run ipv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can get my router to run ipv6: My router is connecting using ipv4. How can I get my router to connect ipv6? e93e65ee-b0ef-4c22-ac84-0771781bd332