Am I going to lose my Home background when the Capture changes arrive?

Discus and support Am I going to lose my Home background when the Capture changes arrive? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi there all, I was just wondering if, when the Capture changes come on January 2024, if I'll lose my Xbox Home background? I've had it since 2015,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by HuskyMarauder, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Am I going to lose my Home background when the Capture changes arrive?

Hi there all,

I was just wondering if, when the Capture changes come on January 2024, if I'll lose my Xbox Home background?

I've had it since 2015, it's probably the only Capture I actually care about, and I have recently carried it over from my Xbox One S to my Series X. Problem is, it's not stored on my Xbox, it's on the Xbox Network and I can't move it over to my Xbox. In fact, Xbox force deletes my stuff anyway on my console storage.

There's no point uploading it to OneDrive or onto an external considering Xbox doesn't have a function to take images from those as Home backgrounds, so what's going to happen?

I haven't seen anyone asking this and it's a bit disconcerting so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks for your time and stay safe.

:)

HuskyMarauder, Oct 10, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi! My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

"There's no point uploading it to OneDrive or onto an external considering Xbox doesn't have a function to take images from those as Home backgrounds"

This is not true; Xbox allows you to set a custom background using Microsoft Edge or a USB drive: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/customize-xbox-home/change-xbox-one-background

To upload a customised image with a USB device:

Copy a JPG or PNG file that you want to use to a USB device, and then plug it into your Xbox. Make sure that the USB device is not formatted to be an external device for games storage.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalisation > My background > Customised image.

A dialogue box appears that shows the contents of your console and the connected USB device. Select the USB device, and then choose your image.

To upload a customised image by using Microsoft Edge:

Use the browser to find an image that you like for your Home screen background. While hovering your cursor over the image, press the Menu button, and then select Open image in new tab to make sure that the image is large enough to be a suitable background.

After you find the image that works best, press the Menu button while hovering over the large view of the image, and then select Set as background.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Kyhd NL Win User

Xbox One Dashboard background

In order to change your background, follow these steps:

On your home screen go left and select Settings > All settings > Personalization > My color and background.

Here you can change the color of the tiles and background.

If you want a solid blue color, just select it by scrolling right.

This should fix it! :)

Edit: Does it change when you select a different color?
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

Hello Steuck, my name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

To adjust the duration of the recordings in the background, go to: Start > Settings > Games > Captures. Under Background recording, with Record in background while playing enabled, select the time period to record last time period.

Best regards, Khaji
  5. GREEK II LEGEND Win User

Xbox one problems

Still don't understand why the home dashboard my profile etc is blank. When I go to change even the background it says service unavailable yet my mate who lives 5 mins away is having zero problems.
  6. Eletricdrum Win User

Xbox game bar timer not hiding when recording

Hi JOEJOESTAR1, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Seems like the background recording is not enabled on your PC.

Please try the steps:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bac...

Enable Background Recording:

Refer Background recording settings in Captures on Windows 10 to know how to enable the Background Recording.
Thema:

1. Am I going to lose my Home background when the Capture changes arrive? - Similar Threads - going lose Home

2. My reward didnt go through is there a way to get my points back

in XBoX on Windows
    My reward didnt go through is there a way to get my points back: Can I get my points back because it took my points 79f8f05b-a497-4df4-b051-6c390962c4f8
  3. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  4. as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out

in XBoX on Windows
    as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out: I just installed among us and it says I need to change my privacy & online safety settings but when i go to settings it signs me out of my account 74de54d4-330a-4420-b250-01a6d044ba36
  5. Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification?: Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification? Got lots of people waiting because the developer thought it was a good idea to release the updates on the other platforms on a cross...
  6. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...
  7. Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?: I was playing one day when I noticed that my controller was clicking everytime I moved the joystick in a particuler way so I did some research and found out that the tiny plastic piece was broken...
  8. When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags: Hello, I was wondering if Xbox was going to do anything about the duplicate gamer tags that are out there. I have a gamer tag that I want to un-space but can’t because there’s a duplicate of it...
  9. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  10. When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...: My chats will not pull up or show me any chats from the past d78b6435-e963-4b35-a5e7-d54dcf10ead7