Always 60hz on 120HZ TV?

Discus and support Always 60hz on 120HZ TV? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have an older 1080P TV, that is capable of 120HZ, however when I play video games on my Original Xbox One, it only outputs 60hz. Is it normal or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ECW_guy, Aug 11, 2023.

1. ECW_guy
    ECW_guy Guest

Always 60hz on 120HZ TV?

Hi I have an older 1080P TV, that is capable of 120HZ, however when I play video games on my Original Xbox One, it only outputs 60hz. Is it normal or not? Its the same thing with my Amazon fire stick when I press the info button on TV always says 60hz, never 120.

:)

ECW_guy, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Always 60hz on 120HZ TV?

Older TV's that have a '120Hz mode' are generally not true 120Hz displays. They do this by using a technique called frame interpolation. Frame interpolation is a process of inserting artificial frames between the original frames of a video signal. This creates the illusion of a smoother, more fluid image.

Frame interpolation works by analysing the motion of the previous and next frames in a video signal. The TV then uses this information to create a new frame that is halfway between the two original frames. This new frame is then inserted into the video signal, creating the illusion of a higher frame rate.

This is only useful when watching certain TV broadcast content such as sport as the image may appear more smooth and possibly less blurred. However, it can, and often does, include artifacts. And, when the action is too fast, additional blurring and even ghosting can affect the output.

You should not enable any TV post processing when playing games as this will cause severe input lag. It won't feel smooth at all.

There are no 120Hz games on Xbox One S. The 120Hz option was added as this is part of the feature set of the Variable Refresh rate technology feature added in around 2018. VRR syncs the display refresh rate with the game frame rate on compatible displays. This can prevent screen tearing.
  3. Rishabh0067 Win User

Always 60hz on 120HZ TV?

Hi ECW_guy
    My name is Rishabh, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

While your TV may support a 120Hz refresh rate, it's important to note that not all content will be displayed at 120Hz, especially on older devices like the Original Xbox One or certain streaming devices. Here's why you might be seeing a 60Hz refresh rate:

-Content Limitations:
    Many video game consoles, including the Original Xbox One, were designed to output video at 60Hz. This means that even if your TV is capable of 120Hz, the console might not support outputting video at that refresh rate. The same applies to certain streaming devices.

-Source Material:
    The content you're consuming might be recorded or streamed at 60Hz. Even if your TV supports a higher refresh rate, the source material determines the maximum refresh rate you can see.

-Settings and Compatibility:
    Some devices might not automatically detect and output at the TV's native refresh rate. You might need to manually set the output settings of your device to match your TV's capabilities. However, if the device does not support a higher refresh rate, adjusting the settings won't change the actual refresh rate of the content.

-HDMI Cable and Compatibility:
    To display content at higher refresh rates, your HDMI cable must support higher bandwidth, which is required for transmitting the higher frame rates. Make sure you're using a high-quality HDMI cable that supports 120Hz.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Always 60hz on 120HZ TV?

I think you're confusing a 120 Hz panel, with 120hz display and input ability. The hardware inside the display Is the determining factor of what the television supports. It was mostly implemented to allow for 24 Hz display of movies

There are no 1080P televisions that do 120 Hz display, it's a feature you only find on high end 4K televisions
  5. ECW_guy Win User

Always 60hz on 120HZ TV?

OK thank you for detailed reply, I appreciate it. On Xbox one there is no option to change refresh rate at least I didn't see it, the only thing that is available on mine is the setting for 24hz, everything else is greyed out. So since XBOX one cannot do 120hz and my third generation firestick cannot do 120hz, which devices support it? And is 24HZ has anything to do with 120hz or no?
  6. mateimarcelus Win User

why 1440p doesn't appear on my xbox one x?

my tv suport 60hz,not 120hz but i don't want 120hz 1440p...i want 60hz 1440p
Thema:

Always 60hz on 120HZ TV?

1. Always 60hz on 120HZ TV? - Similar Threads - Always 60hz 120HZ

2. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  3. Why are these apps always in the update queue?

in XboX Insiders
    Why are these apps always in the update queue?: Every time I open the update queue, Events (Beta), Microsoft Rewards on Xbox, Xbox Original Avatars, and Xbox Avatar Editor need an update. This doesn’t appear to have anything to do with console...
  4. Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?: I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see how much charge I have left, it says Medium...
  5. xbox game bar won't work unless always open

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar won't work unless always open: So I jsut got windows 11 and my xbox game bar won't work unless it's open, any ideas? submitted by /u/Just_A_Guy_In_Here [link] [comments]
  6. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  7. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  8. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  9. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  10. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47