Alternative max address needed but I was playing before I went to bed. What to do

Discus and support Alternative max address needed but I was playing before I went to bed. What to do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was playing Xbox series s just fine less than 12 hours ago a now I need an alternate max address I don’t own a pc to use that. What do I do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hunter faulk, Aug 28, 2023.

1. hunter faulk
    hunter faulk Guest

Alternative max address needed but I was playing before I went to bed. What to do

Was playing Xbox series s just fine less than 12 hours ago a now I need an alternate max address I don’t own a pc to use that. What do I do

:)

hunter faulk, Aug 28, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

If you use the steps I put above, you can clear the alternative MAC address and then generate a new one. This may fix the issue.
  3. hunter faulk Win User

“Additional authentication needed”
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

Another one which the console can generate. What message are you getting that is requiring you to need one?
  5. hunter faulk Win User

Mac is what I meant. My phone autocorrected. I just need a MAC address. I’ve reset the router. The Xbox was reset. I cleared the cache. Nothing
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Hunter! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

You can set an alternate MAC Address by going to the following option on the Xbox:

1. Press the Xbox button Move right to the System
    2. Select Settings Scroll down to Network Select Network Settings
    3. Select Advanced Settings
    4. Select Alternate MAC Address.

From there you should be able to generate a new one.
Thema:

1. Alternative max address needed but I was playing before I went to bed. What to do - Similar Threads - Alternative max address

2. Oneguide doesn't launch. What fix/alternative?

in XBoX on Windows
    Oneguide doesn't launch. What fix/alternative?: Hey. I've got my setup using the passthru/oneguide on my Xbox One X but the last week or so it's taken 10 plus launches each time I've tried to use oneguide in order to get it to work. Today...
  3. I entered my alternate mac address and my internet still wont work, what do i do now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I entered my alternate mac address and my internet still wont work, what do i do now?: My internet randomly stopped working so i tested the connection to see the issue, it told me to enter the alternate mac address. So I did that and it still won't work, I have tried resetting the...
  4. Alternate MAC address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alternate MAC address?: I already hard reset my console and it’s still asking for an alternate MAC address and won’t connect to the internet. Can someone please help? I’ve cleared it and entered it in manually and it’s...
  5. Resetting alternate mac adress

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resetting alternate mac adress: Im constanly having to reset the alternate mac address everytime i login to my xbox to connect or find wireless networks, i remember this first happening when i first connected to my hotspot, then...
  6. Alternative Joystick after December 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Alternative Joystick after December 2023: Hey guys, I would like to make a request, but before judging me, please look at my situation. I would like to know if there is any possible way (legal or illegal) for me to keep using my...
  7. I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...: I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing but its british. How can I change this back? fa50eb90-64f7-427b-968e-b84378f19980
  8. I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed...: So I read online that you could bypass parental controls on xbox by changing the alternative mac address. I did that and it worked at first until my parents blocked the new MAC address out of the...
  9. Can i get alternative emails from my main account fully uncensored?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i get alternative emails from my main account fully uncensored?: So i am trying to find out all the emails i/family members have used for alternative accounts that use my main email as a recovery account. I have a list of about 5 or so that have the first two...
  10. HDR and SDR taking long to alternate between each other

in XboX Insiders
    HDR and SDR taking long to alternate between each other: I'm having a problem on alpha skip-Ahead where sometimes when I change between a game in HDR and anything without HDR (even when i change to dashboard), the screen turns black for a few moments...