almost every button doesn’t work

Discus and support almost every button doesn’t work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my warranty for my elite series 2 controller ended yesterday and now conveniently it’ doesn’t work . every button doesn’t respond and it’s really... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by clydegulizia, Dec 15, 2023.

1. clydegulizia
    clydegulizia Guest

my warranty for my elite series 2 controller ended yesterday and now conveniently it’ doesn’t work . every button doesn’t respond and it’s really frustrating considering this is a expensive controller and the warranty ended literally a day ago. help me

:)

clydegulizia, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello clydegulizia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Elite Series 2 controller. Since your warranty has expired, you may need to purchase a new controller. However, before doing so, I recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

Power cycle your controller.

1. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    2. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

Charge and connect controller to different device.

Update Xbox controller through Xbox accessories app and on console devices.

• Console:
      • Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.
      • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “” to check the firmware version for your controller.
      • If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.
    • PC:

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be a hardware problem that requires repair or replacement. You can contact Xbox Support for further assistance.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Georges C. Win User

a button doesn’t work

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Santi, if you have a USB cable, try to follow the procedures bellow.

First, turn off the controller and for 1 minute keep pressing all the buttons on the controller and moving the knobs.

After you're done, plug the USB cable controller into your console and turn it on.

Look for controller updates in the Xbox accessories part, if you have an update available, do it.

Then clear the cache on the console and check if the control has any updates to be made.

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After the console restarts and I'm at the console start screen, remove the USB cable and see if it back to normal.
  5. BraydenSmith3 Win User

what do i do

I click appeal and it just acts as not a button and doesn’t work it’s just a green button that doesn’t work
  6. Mister Taurus Win User

Button B doesn’t work

Hey THE UNDEAD 178,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. It's certainly strange that the exact same button is acting weirdly on two separate controllers. If the controller is sticking, this can be that the controller is getting dirty. We also recommend using a micro USB to
    connect the controller to the console to see if this helps alleviate the issue and to make sure that your controller is updated as well. If you're still seeing issues with your controller, you can begin a
    device repair.
Thema:

1. almost every button doesn’t work - Similar Threads - almost every button

2. Almost nothing Xbox related will load on my phone

in XboX Insiders
    Almost nothing Xbox related will load on my phone: Just today my Xbox app, wouldn't load. I tried restarting my phone and when that didn't work I reinstalled the app and now it won't load past the sign in option. When I went to the Xbox support...
  3. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  4. Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it: I’m posting this here out of desperation. I sent my ES2 controller in for warranty repair in November 2022. Over the course of about a year, I called XCS several times to try and find out about...
  5. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  6. Xbox for PC won't open, I've tried almost everything

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox for PC won't open, I've tried almost everything: I had some kind of crazy stuff happen to my system last night maybe an APT attack, a lot of my .sys files were apparently being tampered with. So I ran sfc /scannow, it failed. I ran DISM, it...
  7. hello, almost a month ago my refund request was approved but still didnt receive the money...

in XBoX on Windows
    hello, almost a month ago my refund request was approved but still didnt receive the money...: Auftragsnummer: [mod removed] Nummer der Serviceanforderung: [mod removed] 208f9cc6-7947-41c7-9840-dd88291314f9
  8. I have been having continuous connection issues with my Xbox. I’ve tried almost every...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having continuous connection issues with my Xbox. I’ve tried almost every...: I have had my Xbox one since 2016 (purchased from GameStop). After about a year, I was continuously being either booted off or having horrendous connectivity. I’ve been back and forth with 6...
  9. Almost every backwards compatible Call of Duty signs me out in the middle of a match.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Almost every backwards compatible Call of Duty signs me out in the middle of a match.: Black ops 2, MW3 and MW2 have all been disconnecting me from xbox live while playing. Black Ops 1 and World at War both work flawlessly along with every Series X and XB1 game. But those specific...
  10. Why am I getting dropped out my game (FH5) almost every time I get on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting dropped out my game (FH5) almost every time I get on?: I am so tired of being dropped out of festival playlist races and sent freeroam , it's very annoying and discouraging. I keep thinking its going to be fixed but its not. My internet has been...