Almost all my Xbox Game Pass for PC games redirect me to Gaming Services and will not start

Discus and support Almost all my Xbox Game Pass for PC games redirect me to Gaming Services and will not start in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have 15 games installed and only one of them is working (Sea of Thieves). All other games redirect me to Gaming Services on the MS Store app. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JMTaylor1, Jul 29, 2021.

1. JMTaylor1
    JMTaylor1 Guest

Almost all my Xbox Game Pass for PC games redirect me to Gaming Services and will not start

I have 15 games installed and only one of them is working (Sea of Thieves). All other games redirect me to Gaming Services on the MS Store app. The page says that Gaming Services is already installed, but there is still an install button. When I click on install, sometimes it installs, sometimes it doesn't. When it does install, it just loads the same Gaming Services page, and I still cannot play any of my games.

Initially the problem was only with MSFS 2020. I found a solution on the official game's help desk page which included deleting Gaming Services using powershell, and deleting the registry keys of Gaming Services. I did that and it got worse. Now almost all my games redirect to Gaming Services.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling one of my games, but the Xbox Game Pass for PC app won't let me reinstall it. I get error code 0x00000001

I also get a notification on the Game Pass app asking me if I'm having trouble installing or launching games. With it was a link to a solution which involves getting the KB5004476 update. It says that it is in the optional updates... but there are no optional updates, and Windows says it is completely up to date.

What should I do??

:)

JMTaylor1, Jul 29, 2021
  2. JMTaylor1 Win User

Hey Tiko, basically I just did an OS reset and everything is okay again. I lost some game saves, but that’s my fault for not backing them up. If you’re having trouble I suggest you do the same. You familiar with how to reset Windows?
  3. TikoBeako Win User

I am having the exact same issue as the person that made this thread and this did not work for me. :(
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem.

Please try to carry out the solution below.

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

*Hope this works for you.
  5. NateB7 Win User

I did this a month ago and it did work again after it completed, which took about an hour by the way. However it was only temporary because I'm back with the same problem. There must be some sort of automatic update that is happening somewhere that is putting it in this state.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Game Pass Redirecting Me To Gaming Services

I think reinstalling Windows will be the best way to go
Thema:

1. Almost all my Xbox Game Pass for PC games redirect me to Gaming Services and will not start - Similar Threads - Almost Game Pass

2. Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...: I was looking through my profile and then I saw that almost half of my game clips and screenshots are gone I'm wondering what happened and can I get them back cuz I never deleted them...
  3. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  4. persona 5 tactica on xbox game pass keeps crashing almost immediately after launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    persona 5 tactica on xbox game pass keeps crashing almost immediately after launch: The games does not get passed maybe two seconds of loading until it crashes to my home screen. I have tried on my old xbox one and my newly acquired xbox series x and it still crashes even on the...
  5. They have not given me several achievements and the truth is that I have the game at almost...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    They have not given me several achievements and the truth is that I have the game at almost...: They didn't give me the achievements: Curiosity, First Blood, The Court of Miracles, Secret Meeting, Love and Duty, and Looting Versailles. a7c092cf-8154-44a6-8180-1235443c8a51
  6. Why am I getting dropped out my game (FH5) almost every time I get on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting dropped out my game (FH5) almost every time I get on?: I am so tired of being dropped out of festival playlist races and sent freeroam , it's very annoying and discouraging. I keep thinking its going to be fixed but its not. My internet has been...
  7. Almost all my game pass games don't work on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Almost all my game pass games don't work on PC: I've had the xbox game pass on my PC for about 6 months now. Throughout this time, majority of my games simply have no launched, or upon being open for a second or two, immediately close...
  8. AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading.

in XBoX on Windows
    AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading.: This is the only game I am having issues with. I had it installed last weekend on my work PC (the only place I use PC gamepass) and it was working fine and I was having a good time. Come back to...
  9. Error code 0x80070057 when installing almost all Game Pass games (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x80070057 when installing almost all Game Pass games (PC): I subscribed to the PC Game Pass thing some days ago, but some games give an error immediately after starting the download. When I click on Install, it goes to Queued, then Starting and right...
  10. i cant download almost any games via game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant download almost any games via game pass: I have a problem with installing some games on my laptop via Microsoft / Xbox live I recently bought a game pass and i waned to try some games but abzu / ori / human fall flat did not work at al...