All videos go black but sound still plays since update

Discus and support All videos go black but sound still plays since update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Has anybody else had this issue? Every video service and even bluray disks all go black when played. I still get sound but no picture at all. Called... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PsyOp303d, Nov 23, 2015.

1. PsyOp303d
    PsyOp303d Guest

Has anybody else had this issue? Every video service and even bluray disks all go black when played. I still get sound but no picture at all. Called support and they walked me through a power cycle and it worked...for an hour. The problem has returned once
    again. Games still work, but movies/videos are black. Second tech support guy told me to factory reset, and that isn't gonna happen. All cables checked, so it isn't that. Is anybody else having this issue? I'm at a total loss.

:)

PsyOp303d, Nov 23, 2015
  2. Nogs30
    Nogs30 Guest
    Notification problem

No message notifications since last update (22-dec-2016)

Sounds for notifications have not worked since past 3-5 updates

Have removed app, restarted phone, reinstalled, restarted phone, launched app. Yes all settings for notifications / sound / etc are on and have been toggled off, restarted, toggled on, restarted.

UPDATE: Notifications working now, but still no sound when phone locked or in another app. Sound only plays when in xbox app but not while messaging portion of app is displayed.

iphone 4s

ios 9.3.5

connected via 4g/wifi

xbox ver 1612.1213.1222

Nogs30, Nov 23, 2015
  3. HAZZARDMAN
    HAZZARDMAN Guest
    Streaming Videos not playing since update.

All streaming videos are not playing correctly, The screen goes green and only the sound plays, this happens with Movies and tv app. youtube, all tv apps, CW. SYFY, and edge app. Is there a fix? Everything was fine before update.

HAZZARDMAN, Nov 23, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Hey mate,

Ok, was going to suggest power cycle... but obviously you've done that All videos go black but sound still plays since update :) Don't factory reset just yet, thats the last resort, and only an option we'll go to if nobody is able to help you

What I'd suggest, is clearing the persistent storage of the bluray data. To do that do the following:

1.Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

2.Select Settings.

3.Select All Settings.

4.Select Disc & Blu-ray.

Go to blu-ray settings and then into persistent storage, and finally 'clear persistent storage'.

Do that, then give the console hard boot (hold the power button down for 10seconds until the console switches off, then leave it for a minute or two), then turn it back on and see how it goes.

Hopefully this will fix the issue All videos go black but sound still plays since update :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Nov 23, 2015
  5. PsyOp303d
    PsyOp303d Guest
    It worked! Well...for now. I'll post an update later tomorrow if it keeps working. Thanks for your help!

PsyOp303d, Nov 23, 2015
  6. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest
    I have my fingers and toes crossed All videos go black but sound still plays since update :)

Keep us posted

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Nov 23, 2015
  7. PsyOp303d
    PsyOp303d Guest
    All is still good. Video works as it should now. Thanks again!

PsyOp303d, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: