All video playback, both visual and sound is in slow motion!

Discus and support All video playback, both visual and sound is in slow motion! in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Series X was bought exactly one year ago, and it has just developed a problem. Any and all video playing from any source only plays in slow... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Martin Byrne2, Dec 11, 2022.

1. All video playback, both visual and sound is in slow motion!

My Series X was bought exactly one year ago, and it has just developed a problem.

Any and all video playing from any source only plays in slow motion.

This Netflix etc, discs DVD and Blu Ray, game intros and cut scenes it even affects the trailers that auto play when checking out games in the online store!

Please help if you can.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Martin Byrne2, Dec 11, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well, Martin. My name is John P an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Sorry to hear you're having video issues on your Xbox Series X. Please try doing a hard reset by following the steps below;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Once done, try checking if the issue persists. If it does, please refresh your operating system and delete all potentially corrupted data that restricts you from using your console normally without deleting your games or apps.​​​​​​​

Note: Make sure that you know your account logins before doing this step. Also, this will remove all your Home Xbox associations.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.

3. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll select Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. TopcowRaven Win User

Screen darkens when watching a movie.

Same problem here with the Movies & TV app, plus movies & tv app has video playback issues as well, watch a movie with motion or panning, you'll notice the screen hitches/jerky motion. In low motion its much harder to notice.
  4. Deth WeaveL Win User

Xbox makes a loud buzzing sound

That didnt work either, it got to the preparing console screen and then it started buzzing at 50 percent, then it stopped at 70 percent, before i tried the reset netflix was playing in slow motion. The video was slow and the audio was in slow motion. If
    you can give me an email address i have a short 8 second video of the buzzing
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Is there any way to play video in slow motion with the Amazon Instant video app?

Sorry but as far as i know there is no way to play the videos on Amazon Prime in slow motion.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

My Xbox Series x won’t Recognize 120 hertz on my new Samsung tv

Hi,

The Samsung TU7000 series is an entry level Smart TV. The Motion Rate' you refer to is only for video playback, it smooths out the playback of fast action sequences, it's not a gaming feature.

Your TV is a 60Hz display that uses HDMI 2.0, true 120Hz displays are HDMI 2.1.
Thema:

1. All video playback, both visual and sound is in slow motion! - Similar Threads - video playback both

2. Is anyone else having issues with YouTube video playback, only on Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone else having issues with YouTube video playback, only on Xbox?: So within the past couple weeks, YouTube has been acting up terribly, but only on my Xbox One. It works perfectly on my PC, laptop, and phone. Essentially, it cuts the screen on half. The top half...
  3. Xbox Series X Edge video playback problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Edge video playback problems: The video players at locals.com and EpochTV have playback issues where the video will play for a few seconds then start pausing and buffering. I've submitted recorded feedback from the Console as...
  4. Xbox stuttering on video playback

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox stuttering on video playback: I’m in ASA and Amazon Prime video is stuttering. The audio is unaffected. submitted by /u/Yoshi_Cookie [link] [comments]
  5. Stuttering Video Playback in Streaming Apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuttering Video Playback in Streaming Apps: Hello everyone, I have an xbox series x with one month of use, everything is fine with the games. But unfortunately with all streaming video apps the playblack is not good, the video doesn't play...
  6. Resetting edge://flags breaks video playback

in XboX Insiders
    Resetting edge://flags breaks video playback: Beta ring. Auto-updates on. While troubleshooting the SBOX insuficient memory issue, I turned on some flags to see if it'd make a difference. Today I decided to just reset the flags to start from...
  7. windows game bar video playback has no sound

in XBoX on Windows
    windows game bar video playback has no sound: I am using the Windows game bar to capture a presentation that I am going through. I am using a Logitech headset,and all settings recognize the Logitech headset on my computer and within the game...
  8. Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps: Almost looks like film grain on Netflix, prime , Hulu etc when using the series s. Any ideas to why? All my other devices play fine and my connection is good. d4ab11ae-4bb6-43d1-9e9b-f17447ea6021
  9. New judder on interlaced video playback, BluRay XBox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    New judder on interlaced video playback, BluRay XBox One: Hello. Recently, I’m noticing motion judder when I play back Blu-Ray discs that have interlaced video on them. It’s happening about once a second whenever something is moving or the camera is...
  10. Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?

in XBoX on Windows
    Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?: Any video produced won't work, maybe need a hard drive formatted to FAT, then copy the Bluray film to a certain filetype? A factory made Bluray or 4k Bluray works perfect, as well as a recordable...