All those people who have been looking for Call of Duty to make a big change

Discus and support All those people who have been looking for Call of Duty to make a big change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; West and Zampella have made the Call of Duty sequel you have all been waiting for. It releases March 11th. Call of Duty Future Warfare: Titanfall.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CODukes4, Feb 17, 2014.

1. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest

West and Zampella have made the Call of Duty sequel you have all been waiting for. It releases March 11th. Call of Duty Future Warfare: Titanfall.

• Gun play is smooth and easy like a typical Modern Warfare COD.
    • The parkour adds an element that will offer a ton of variety to the usual 3 rush routes.
    • The titans are balanced against pilots and other titans.
    • They even throw in bots to make it even more action packed. Maps this big are too slow paced for 6 on 6, so the bots keep the action hot. They are easy kills which will allow players of all levels to jump in and enjoy themselves. No one will have a negative
      k/d anymore.
    • Burn cards will add that random reward everyone enjoys getting.
    • As of now it looks like we get the tried and true rank up system...I'm sure they have added to it.
    • I really hope they go back to like it was in COD4 and remove lobby leaderboards. This leads to people playing objectively and forgetting about k/d. Everyone is going to have a 5+ KD anyways.
    • Call of Duty smoothness and gunplay + Halo map feel + mirrors edge parkour + BF tanks (titans) = pretty satisfying/addicting game. This isn't going to kill COD, but it will give us that FPS game we need when COD gets flat after 3 months. A mix of COD,
      BF, Titanfall, SW;Battlefront, Halo, ect will give us our fill of FPS. Mix that in with all the great Single player games in the works and we are looking pretty good for the next few years. We are blessed.

:)

CODukes4, Feb 17, 2014
  2. rabbit221
    rabbit221 Guest
    It's a beta, people.

Honestly 10 minutes isn't enough to make a judgment but hopefully that means all the people that are just looking for something like Call of Duty and only value a game based on how high their K/D ratio is will not make a Battlefield 3 purchase, therefore
    leaving the people who truly love team work and big maps and vehicles behind, in the end making my experience with the game better.

rabbit221, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest
    Will Call of Duty ever be the same?

Probably so, Activision has been milking the series to death since the day it was made, look at the entire history of CoD, it's been coming out every year since then.

- Call of Duty (2003)

- Call of Duty Finest Hour (2004)

- Call of Duty 2 (2005)

- Call of Duty 2 Big Red One (2005)

- Call of Duty 3 (2006)

- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 (2007)

- Call of Duty World at War (2008)

- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2009)

- Call of Duty Black Ops 1 (2010)

- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (2011)

- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (2012)

- Call of Duty Ghosts (2013)

- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (2014)

- Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (2015)

Yeah, way too many games, Activision really needs to retire the franchise, and make something else for a change, make a new True Crime game, perhaps do a reboot of a old PS1 game Nightmare Creatures.

Some of these Xbox fanboys also need to retire the CoD franchise and play something else for a change.

Ragnarok5000, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest

I still can't be hyped for this, I guess I'm tried of playing the same FPS in a new skin

Thanatos465, Feb 17, 2014
  5. From what I have experienced in the beta, I love this game. I wasn't sure about Al being in the game, but even though they are stupid, they sure do have their uses as camping deterrents - one team can camp, but the other will
    just go around killing bots and getting their Titans quicker. I hope Respawn bring out a gamemode with no bots though with smaller maps of course.

BHC Bluez n 2z, Feb 17, 2014
  6. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    It will be better if you go in with low expectations like I did.

I think they will have a game mode on smaller maps with no bots or titans. It might be patched in later, but I assume they will make it happen.

CODukes4, Feb 17, 2014
  7. Igneuss
    Igneuss Guest
    I honestly think it reminds me more of Tribes, Warframe, & Cod blend. The arcade fast paced action will still make COD players feel at home, but other than that to say the two games are similar at all are just wrong.

I think the graphics could be a bit better and the maps could be bigger, but if you want to know the truth I think the Xbox1 is holding this game back. The lack of building destruction, larger maps, more players, etc are all because the xbox couldn't handle
    the frame rate at a reasonable resolution.

With that being said I still absolutely love the game and have played the beta on both X1 and PC. As a shooter I see it holding my interest over anything else for quite some time.

For 1.) COD does get old with the new "skins" year after year (read above where I said this game is not just a COD reskin).

2.) Battlefield could have been great, but it was bugged to all hell. On x1, PC, and even PS4. I wasted my money on all the platforms hoping for a better experience. The only thing I like about the PC version is the dedicated servers.

But all in all I'm still hyped about this game and I really enjoy it. There's just a lot to account for and it just feels balanced.

Igneuss, Feb 17, 2014
  8. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

The engine and game design are the reasons for those things not being in Titanfall. Nothing to do with the X1.

RippenHarra, Feb 17, 2014
  9. Oh good, another Titanfall thread...

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as the next guy but a bit of variety on this forum would go down a treat. Anything that isn't Titanfall, Kinect and graphics.

Dynamic Sausage, Feb 17, 2014
  10. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest
    As much as I love the game, I think it's completely stupid to even consider the bots into K/D or say that nobody will have a negative KD anymore.. ofc they will against the pilots that actually matter All those people who have been looking for Call of Duty to make a big change :p

I also don't see them as "easy for everyone to enjoy", I more so see their purpose in a MOBA-creep like build time booster and as a secondary to fill up the maps abit.

Regarding the "xbox can't handle it" arguments, it's some of the silliest stuff I've heard. So BF4 can do 64 players with huge maps and destructible environments while looking amazing on the Xbox One, but suddenly these maps that are probably about the size
    of the smallest BF maps are too big and 6v6+AI is too much. Especially when the game isnt hosted on anyones machine, they could replace AI with real players at no performance loss. These are simply gameplay balance decision, stop making stuff up.

Coreldan, Feb 18, 2014
  11. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    [quote user="CODukes4"]
    West and Zampella have made the Call of Duty sequel you have all been waiting for. It releases March 11th. Call of Duty Future Warfare: Titanfall.

• Gun play is smooth and easy like a typical Modern Warfare COD.
    • The parkour adds an element that will offer a ton of variety to the usual 3 rush routes.
    • The titans are balanced against pilots and other titans.
    • They even throw in bots to make it even more action packed. Maps this big are too slow paced for 6 on 6, so the bots keep the action hot. They are easy kills which will allow players of all levels to jump in and enjoy themselves. No one will have a negative
      k/d anymore.
    • Burn cards will add that random reward everyone enjoys getting.
    • As of now it looks like we get the tried and true rank up system...I'm sure they have added to it.
    • I really hope they go back to like it was in COD4 and remove lobby leaderboards. This leads to people playing objectively and forgetting about k/d. Everyone is going to have a 5+ KD anyways.
    • Call of Duty smoothness and gunplay + Halo map feel + mirrors edge parkour + BF tanks (titans) = pretty satisfying/addicting game. This isn't going to kill COD, but it will give us that FPS game we need when COD gets flat after 3 months. A mix of COD,
      BF, Titanfall, SW;Battlefront, Halo, ect will give us our fill of FPS. Mix that in with all the great Single player games in the works and we are looking pretty good for the next few years. We are blessed.
    [/quote]Oh c'mon man. You can't be serious. This game is not anything cod nor will it be a cod killer. Sorry cod dukes but I hate to burst your bubble of joy and this is the new cod, the real cod. This game will not appeal to the cod enthusiasts but will be
    something nice to play when cod is in its yearly down time between the old and new release. . It's a cute game but will it last and have high replay value?

COD 2 HALO, Feb 18, 2014
  12. If EA have anything to do with it, there will be at least 4 DLC packs with maps and modes, and new weapons and titans to be released over the next year. So yes, I think it will have a lasting appeal.

Fatalshock8912, Feb 18, 2014
  13. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest

I never said it was the cod killer...but it is that evolution of cod that the other group has been looking for. We still have 'classic cod'....but we also have that next step in the cod franchise. This is exactly what it is. These are the guys who made
    the cod we know and love today. I am very excited to have another FPS. I love cod and put 15 days (give or take 5 depending on how much I like it), but now I potentially have a game to fill in the other 6 months of the year. Honestly, this game is very
    addicting. I can understand those who don't want change, and will stick with cod classic...but this is the right amount of change for those hardcore cod players who want more.

Call of duty will continue to sell well for years to come and I believe this game will be the next cod/halo/Bf. Knowing that dev team, the full game is going to be great.

CODukes4, Feb 18, 2014
  14. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    Sorry for double post, phone won't let me edit...

Have you played the beta? I put in about 10 hours on it. The base of this game feels exactly like cod. Gunplay, pilot movement (when they aren't parkouring), and the general smoothness.

CODukes4, Feb 18, 2014
  15. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    Titanfall gets unfairly compared to call of duty because of who the developers are, it's a completely a different game so it feels unnecessary to keep comparing the two

After playing the beta, it won me over when I wasn't that interested in it. Also the gameplay feels new and fresh, nothing like the Call of Duty games imo.

DWoodbine, Feb 18, 2014
Thema:

1. All those people who have been looking for Call of Duty to make a big change - Similar Threads - those been looking

2. If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...: My Xbox is trouble shooting or something like that and ive tried everything I could and I've had my Xbox for 8years. I'm scared if I partially factory reset my Xbox can I still log into my account...
  3. When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond: Some one rage quit the game and then messaged me cursing at me. I responded and they went silent. I sent a 2nd message asking where they went and then they reported me and I got 2 strikes for...
  4. some of my games on my xbox one wont appear on my series X. Even though when i bought those...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some of my games on my xbox one wont appear on my series X. Even though when i bought those...: like for example i cant play just cause 2 and forza horizon 3 on my series X even though it lets me download and play them on my xbox one. Like i own both games but they wont show up in my library...
  5. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  6. I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...: i tried signing out and signing in, didn't work, i tried checking for bans, had none, i tried checking strikes, had none, still can't message, what do i do? c7a6e80c-5f26-4f56-b659-97040dbe2723
  7. New Xbox Home releasing publicly - Good to know those weekly threads amounted to very little

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Home releasing publicly - Good to know those weekly threads amounted to very little: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/07/26/welcome-to-your-new-xbox-home/?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Link_lrn_7.26.1 Special thanks to the Insider team for making us feel included by allowing us...
  8. Free Gamertag Change For Those Who Been Playing For Over 1 Year etc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Free Gamertag Change For Those Who Been Playing For Over 1 Year etc: Hello there, I recently used to play xbox 360 until I got an xbox one, Ive played xbox for many of years and been stuck with the same gamertag. I chose a suggestion which used up my free...
  9. to all those who have been griefed in ark pve plz join me in attempts to stop this Microsoft ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    to all those who have been griefed in ark pve plz join me in attempts to stop this Microsoft ...: Hi there all let me start by saying that excesive griefing is wrong an if you the game devs do nothing to stop this you are wrong as well if something is not done an you tell them that due to...
  10. Questions for those who have been paying attention

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Questions for those who have been paying attention: Will there be new building materials? will there be interactive villagers? will there be some form of currency to trade with? Are there new animals/creatures? I'be really got my hopes up high...