All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?

Discus and support All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I'm playing a 2d platformer on my PC, I pretty much need to use a controller, its just how I play. A couple of months ago however, my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JacobYoungs, Sep 21, 2023.

1. JacobYoungs
    JacobYoungs Guest

Whenever I'm playing a 2d platformer on my PC, I pretty much need to use a controller, its just how I play. A couple of months ago however, my controller stopped working on my PC; All of my controllers stopped working.

My main Xbox one controller now only rumbles whenever it is plugged into my pc. It is not recognized by any device manager, and it doesn't prompt me or play any sound when its plugged in.

I also have a 3rd Party Nintendo Switch Pro controller, which works fine with my switch, and even is recognized by my PC. However, all of the inputs and that controller are just not recognized.

I've tried at least 5 different cables, (3 USB3 for the Xbox, and 2 USBC for the Pro Controller) and 3 other Xbox controllers, and none of them work with my PC.

I seem to be one of few with this issue, because everything I find online has not helped in the slightest.

:)

JacobYoungs, Sep 21, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hello JacobYoungs,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi JacobYoungs,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble with your controllers on your PC. We truly understand how frustrating this can be, that all of your controllers are not working on your PC.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting steps, I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem you're facing.
    - Have you tried to test your controllers if they are working on another device? Like try to connect it to console or mobile device.
    - May I ask for the Windows version of your PC?

I would like to give you a heads up that I can only provide you troubleshooting steps with your Xbox controller because Nintendo Switch Pro controller has a different support and different ways how to perform troubleshooting for that controller. However you may visit their support website for Nintendo.

First, let's try some basic troubleshooting steps: Learn more: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

1. Make sure that your controller is fully charged or has fresh batteries.

2. Try a different USB port on your PC.

3. Try a different USB cable to connect your controller to your PC.

4. Restart your PC and try connecting your controller again.

Make sure your Xbox controller firmware version is up to date. To update it on PC, just follow this steps. Learn more: Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. DamionS_350 Win User

Xbox One Controller Bluetooth Issues PC

And I also just discovered that when I rotate my controller so it isn't facing my pc straight on it gets all choppy. And what's weird is if I do it while its hooked up to my Xbox its fine. And I made another discovery is that whenever anything is in front
    of the controller the pc loses the connection with the controller and stops working. Is there a issue with the controller? And if there is a Bluetooth problem with the controller do you know how I could fix it? Or if maybe a wireless usb for the controller
    could resolve this issue?
  5. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  6. TylerUnknown Win User

Streaming to windows 10

Hi, I am trying to stream a game to my windows 10 but every time I do, the controller stops working, it says that it is not plugged in to the pc otherwise disconnects from my Xbox One, stopping the stream.

anyone know what's going on? I'd be extremely grateful!
Thema:

1. All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do? - Similar Threads - controllers stopped working

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  4. Controller stops working in COD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller stops working in COD: Xbox 1 controller stops working in COD 3124af11-dc99-4735-8266-9fcf0de37f69
  5. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  6. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  7. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  8. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  9. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  10. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc