All my data got erased from my offline xbox360 by just placing a USB what happened?

Discus and support All my data got erased from my offline xbox360 by just placing a USB what happened? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to make a speedrun vid by using snagit when I put the usb all my data got erased here is what i got in my usb. A plethora of memes,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by keicus, Oct 7, 2023.

1. keicus
    keicus Guest

All my data got erased from my offline xbox360 by just placing a USB what happened?

I was trying to make a speedrun vid by using snagit when I put the usb all my data got erased here is what i got in my usb.

A plethora of memes, mcpacks for minecraft edu, presentations, snagit

all my profiles (including my brothers account) got erased what do I do?

I wont turn on my xbox cuz my brother will be angry

:)

keicus, Oct 7, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello keicus,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, the profile including your games were erased after inserting a USB to make speedrun video using snagit. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

This seems to be a rare and unfortunate issue that may have been caused by several factors, such as:

• The USB drive was not compatible with your Xbox 360 console or had a different file system format than FAT32.
    • The USB drive contained Snagit, which is a screen recording software for PC and Mac, not for Xbox 360. Snagit may have interfered with the Xbox 360 system or storage settings and caused data corruption or deletion.
    • The USB drive was not properly inserted or removed from the console, which may have damaged the USB port or the drive itself.
    • The Xbox 360 console had a hardware or software malfunction that affected its storage devices.
    Unfortunately, there is no easy way to fix this problem and recover your lost data, especially if your Xbox 360 console is offline and you don't have a backup of your profiles and save games. However, you can try some possible solutions to prevent this from happening again in the future:

• Format your USB drive as an Xbox 360 storage device before using it on your console.
    • Use a recommended preconfigured Xbox 360 branded SanDisk USB flash drive, which is designed to work with your console.
    • Avoid using PC or Mac software on your Xbox 360 console, as they may not be compatible or safe. If you want to record your Xbox 360 gameplay, you can use a capture card or device that connects to your console and PC.
    For your reference, see: Using USB flash drives with Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

We thank you for bringing this concern to us and glad to provide information related to your concern.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello keicus,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. ECWRULZZZ Win User

Resident Evil 2 Revelations Digital game problem

Yes it is still listed in My Games section with the achievements earned. Yes it is in the Xbox store for free. It is also in my download history.

I erased all data pertaining to RE Revelations 2 from my hard drive and re-downloaded it from the Market place and then from my download history. In both cases it acted like it was going to load ( the game starts showing the loading symbol in the lower left
    corner with the little swirl next to it but it never loads just keeps swirling) I then use the guide button to go back to the dashboard since it won't load all the way.

I've tried doing it offline, with and without the 120 mb update for the game (this makes the system lock up) with a different live profile and other offline profiles none of these things work ( the game did work before with thee other live profile).

I've put all the data on a usb stick didn't work ( it was all on a usb before and it worked) I tried putting all data on the xbox HD didn't work tried putting all data on external Hd didn't work, all of these methods were used before I settled on the usb
    stick which I've been using for the past year I also tried different usb sticks that work with other games on them just not this one).

The only thing s I haven't tried is to re-download my profile.
  5. Aditya Singh3 Win User

If i connect to online network on xbox one,will i erase my all data of forza horizon 2?

But i am still facing this

My all the data is erased or what

I don't know.

If i will select the offline option will it be Back or not?
  6. ECWRULZZZ Win User

Resident Evil 2 Revelations Digital game problem

Yes it is still listed in My Games section with the achievements earned. Yes it is in the Xbox store for free. It is also in my download history.

I erased all data pertaining to RE Revelations 2 from my hard drive and re-downloaded it from the Market place and then from my download history. In both cases it acted like it was going to load ( the game starts showing the loading symbol in the lower left
    corner with the little swirl next to it but it never loads just keeps swirling) I then use the guide button to go back to the dashboard since it won't load all the way.

I've tried doing it offline, with and without the 120 mb update for the game (this makes the system lock up) with a different live profile and other offline profiles none of these things work ( the game did work before with thee other live profile).

I've put all the data on a usb stick didn't work ( it was all on a usb before and it worked) I tried putting all data on the xbox HD didn't work tried putting all data on external Hd didn't work, all of these methods were used before I settled on the usb
    stick which I've been using for the past year I also tried different usb sticks that work with other games on them just not this one).

The only thing s I haven't tried is to re-download my profile.
Thema:

1. All my data got erased from my offline xbox360 by just placing a USB what happened? - Similar Threads - data got erased

2. In fh5 I got stuck on syncing data and got around it but now I lost all my save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In fh5 I got stuck on syncing data and got around it but now I lost all my save data: I had to end the gaming services task and then it let me cancel syncing but now I am starting over in the game ab344e0c-eecf-483d-8f2c-3de0ba2ab89d
  3. Syncing data taking too long to load anyone got a solution?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Syncing data taking too long to load anyone got a solution?: Hey I’ve been trying to play minecraft for a few weeks now but everyday my world quits it’s self and says “minecraft is unable to save your world we will redirect you to the main menu to clear...
  4. My game won’t sync data after I got the latest add-on for sims 4 also add-on won’t show up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won’t sync data after I got the latest add-on for sims 4 also add-on won’t show up: So I pre ordered the newest sims 4 pack (growing together) . Come the day it came out (03/16/23) I downloaded it, I went on the game after it was done and updated and it let me in at first but the...
  5. Xbox message saying out of space for saved data but I’ve got space left on xbox, can anyone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox message saying out of space for saved data but I’ve got space left on xbox, can anyone...: I’ve downloaded W2K22 and I get a message when I start the game to say my Xbox is out of space for saved data. I’ve got 256GB free on my Xbox and I’ve got 5 games installed. I’ve gone into manage...
  6. My xbox wont let me play none of my games I bought digital and got rid of all of my data on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox wont let me play none of my games I bought digital and got rid of all of my data on...: I bought some games digitally and some are gifted to me but I was gifted mw2 and red dead redemption 2 for Christmas by my brother in law but when I got home it keeps saying I got to connect to...
  7. My minecraft data got deleted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft data got deleted.: I recently got a new computer (a omen 16 laptop with windows 11) and when i installed minecraft, i log into my account normally, but when i go into the actual game, my worlds and servers are gone....
  8. Sea of Thieves saved data got deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves saved data got deleted: There was an update, and I selected 'clear the queue option'. It deleted the game. I don't know if my saved data got deleted. Help. How do I get it back? 7768ecd7-315c-471f-9fd9-6a5df917b066
  9. After an error code, save data got deleted from forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After an error code, save data got deleted from forza horizon 3: Hello, yesterday i wanted to play some Forza Horizon 3 on my Xbox One but there was a error, which said that I have to delete my local data because the console could not synchronize my game data....
  10. MY Xbox’s data just got wiped for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY Xbox’s data just got wiped for no reason: my Xbox One S’s data just got wiped and I lost everything. I can’t sign back in for some reason. Please please please help. I don’t know what to do 2810da0f-c4d7-458f-887f-6b3d2ed2e74b