All my buttons except for my joysticks suddenly stopped working

Discus and support All my buttons except for my joysticks suddenly stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was driving around in nfs when my xbox controller suddenly turned off. When i turned it back on again all the buttons except the joysticks had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by timroelfsema, Jul 28, 2023.

1. timroelfsema
    timroelfsema Guest

I was driving around in nfs when my xbox controller suddenly turned off. When i turned it back on again all the buttons except the joysticks had stopped working.

I have already tried the usual stuff like power cycling my controller and updating it, but nothing seems to work.

:)

timroelfsema, Jul 28, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

In that case, the only best option now is to have you request a free Xbox controller replacement warranty order by signing your account and registering your controller serial number through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Thank you for your kindness and patience. I hope you have a great day!
  3. timroelfsema Win User

My xbox doesnt have an update.

The problem occurs both wired and wirelessly and it doesnt happen with my other controller
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Xbox controller. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

I understand that you have already performed some workaround such as Power cycle and Controller firmware update.

If I may ask, does the same issue occurs to your other controllers or just specifically for this controller?

Kindly check if the issue occurs when the controller is connected to the console wirelessly or through wired connection.

For us to isolate the issue, try to check if your console has any available updates. Here's how:

Make sure that your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system> Settings > System > Updates.

Under Updates, you’ll see:

Console update available. Select this to begin your update, or

No console update available. This means your console is up to date.

If there is a console update available, please proceed then check if the controller thumbsticks will work on any of your Xbox games.

You may also check this link as reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  5. Legend22x Win User

The only button that works on Minecraft Bedrock Edition for my Xbox One is the left joystick. Help?

I’ve updated everything and there’s nothing that doesn’t seem normal. Had this exact issue then updated the game, everything seemed well and fine till I tried to load onto a server and had to restart my game. Then the same issue came on where I can use all my buttons except the A button. Or No buttons at all and only the left joystick would work.
  6. Dgtranr Win User

All buttons except the Xbox button stop working on controller

I am also having the same problem. I have mine plugged into a surge protector as well.
Thema:

1. All my buttons except for my joysticks suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - buttons except joysticks

2. Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every button on my Xbox series s controller is not working except for the left stick and...: I have power cycled my controller and my Xbox around 3 times and i have updated the controller and it still is not working, I do not and cannot buy another controller and need help fixing it....
  3. using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...

in XBoX on Consoles
    using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...: using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except for the a button, it responds as if i was hitting b. any way i can fix this?...
  4. Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick: After connecting to a different Xbox for the first time and pressing the change profile button, the controllers home button turned dark blue and came unresponsive except for the left analog stick...
  5. My Xbox one X isn't responding and outputting anything except the disc eject and power button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X isn't responding and outputting anything except the disc eject and power button.: Yesterday my Xbox one X froze on a game and when I shut it off for the night and come back the next morning it turns on, it can eject discks and literally nothing else. No output on both my living...
  6. Xbox elite Series 2 Black Controller All buttons does not work except LT,RT & X Box button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite Series 2 Black Controller All buttons does not work except LT,RT & X Box button: Had this controller for 6-8 months than all of a sudden one day, all the buttons stopped working including the R3, L3, and D Pad. The controllers stills turn on just fine, but I cant seem to...
  7. The 'install' button is unavailable for all games except UWP ones on Xbox for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The 'install' button is unavailable for all games except UWP ones on Xbox for PC: I've been using the insider version of the xbox app for windows. The app was working fine until I uninstall some games and delete all data in 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIXVC' using WinPE...
  8. all buttons except my A button on my xbox one controller works. how do i fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    all buttons except my A button on my xbox one controller works. how do i fix?: ive restarted my console countless times and used my spare controller only to find it had the same issue. All batteries are charged and both controllers are brand new....
  9. All buttons except the Xbox button stop working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    All buttons except the Xbox button stop working on controller: Maybe this is related to the xbox freezing problems but occasionaly in both game and home screens I will lose the use of all buttons except the xbox button and when you hold the xbox button the...
  10. Xbox one won't respond to controller except for xbox button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't respond to controller except for xbox button: I can move between console off and controller off after pressing xbox button. But on the homepage i can't do anything. I tried reconnecting controller, turning off the console and on but it stayed...