All games on game pass constantly crash, but not on steam.

Discus and support All games on game pass constantly crash, but not on steam. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As title says. Since I built my pc in 2021 anytime I've tried utilizing game pass/the Xbox app I'm incapable of getting more then an hour of gameplay... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mitichondria, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Mitichondria
    Mitichondria Guest

As title says. Since I built my pc in 2021 anytime I've tried utilizing game pass/the Xbox app I'm incapable of getting more then an hour of gameplay without a crash, with it usually happening around 30 minutes. The majority of these crashes are just a momentary freeze followed by the game closing to desktop. Rarely I'll get a artifacted screen crash and a few times it's been a bluescreen&total reboot

Most of my system has been changed since originally building minus the motherboard, psu, storage and peripherals, problem persisted on both amd and nvidia gpus and my older ryzen 3000 cpu. I'm on the latest bios, chipset&gpu drivers, I've repaired gaming services, game bar, and the xbox app, I've fresh installed windows numerous times over the course of upgrading and my current installation is not too old. All dx libraries and redistributables packs are up to date. Closing all background apps (steam, corsair, synapse etc) seems to delay the crashes but not prevent them. Have even tried the suggestions of ending windows explorer while in game and nothing has worked.

Starfield seems to be a bigger crash risk then forza, high on life, or atomic heart were, because they can happen so frequently in some environments it makes the game unplayable without quick saving ever 30 steps. I've verified a few games that crash consistently when booted from the app do not have this issue if downloaded and booted from steam, so I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

System specs

Ryzen 5600x

Msi b450 gaming plus max

Crucial p2 m.2

Generic Samsung sata ssd

32gb corsair ddr4 3600 cl18

Aorus rtx 3070

Evga 750w psu

:)

Mitichondria, Sep 26, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Mitichondria!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with games on Game Pass. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like you've already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps. However, there are a few more things you can try:

1. Check for Windows updates: Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, updates can fix compatibility issues with certain games.

2. Check for graphics card updates: Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

3. Disable any overclocking: If you have overclocked your CPU or GPU, try disabling it and see if that helps.

4. Check for conflicting software: Make sure there are no conflicting software or antivirus programs that may be interfering with the games.

5. Run a memory diagnostic: Use the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to check for any issues with your RAM.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Mitichondria!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  4. Mrxsevenx Win User

xbox app games crashing randomly

so it still dose it just random crash the steam games play fine but game pass games random crash
  5. KarlOnPC Win User

Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

Yes, I understand that.

My issue is not with porting but with the fact that Destiny 2 crashes at launch on Game Pass but not on Steam.
  6. greggyp89 Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC: Games folder location if not drive C?

I am having the same issue...

Metro Exodus keeps crashing and changing my lights on my computer...

This is a ridiculous pain...

Should be common sense

I have the D drive selected for all my games. All my steam games and other platform game show up but Microsoft will not allow me to see my game pass games
Thema:

1. All games on game pass constantly crash, but not on steam. - Similar Threads - games game pass

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  8. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  9. Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee: Hi Does someone have any trial or starter code or just wanna give out a xbox game pass code, i am really strugguling to get money to buy it for the kids i would really appritate if someone could...
  10. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...