All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor)

Discus and support All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. So, i recently installed Windows 11 (22H3) and all the games fps are locked at 75 (my monitor refresh rate). I already disabled fullscreen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pedro Zanluchi, Apr 2, 2024.

1. All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor)

Hi. So, i recently installed Windows 11 (22H3) and all the games fps are locked at 75 (my monitor refresh rate). I already disabled fullscreen optimizations, Game DVR its also disabled, v-sync is disabled both on the game and the control panel, Maximum Frame Rate also on Off. My pc settings: I5-7200U MX110 (and a Hd graphics 620, but i use in all my games the MX110) 20GB RAM. Please help.

:)

Pedro Zanluchi, Apr 2, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox ONE X and Freesync 2

If a game is frame locked to a certain refresh rate (in your case FH4 quality mode), the console will tell the screen to refresh the screen at the same time as the console refreshes it.

So Freesync doesn't mean that you get more fluidity, but Freesync will stop tearing from happening.

"Normal" monitors always refresh at a constant rate (e.g. 60Hz / FPS), whereas very powerful PCs or consoles can refresh the image more often (let's say it's running a game at 120FPS).

This means, that while the monitor is drawing the first half of the screen, the console/PC is suddenly sending the second picture while in the middle of drawing the image on screen. Which results in the lower half of the screen to be different, and you see
    a "tear" in the middle.

By syncing the refresh rate of the monitor to the rate at which the PC/console is sending frames, there is no tearing. If the PC is powerful enough, that means the monitor will refresh it's screen for example at 120Hz/FPS or whatever refresh rate the game
    is currently running. Or if the console/PC's game is frame locked to 30 FPS, the monitor will refresh at 30 Hz.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

1440 @120hz or 4K HDR @60hz

when i turn on freesync it automaticlly drops the hz down to 60, now way to have freesync on and 120hz
    If FreeSync "drops" to 60, this means that the game is only able to render in 60 fps. The publisher probably frame locked the game to run at 60Hz, and not more.

FreeSync doesn't make frame rates go higher. FreeSync means, that the monitor refreshes the screen at the same fps/Hz rate as the game is rendering a full screen image.

If a game runs at 60 or 30 or less frames per second, the monitor adjusts to that frame rate. And if the game has enough resources and is not frame limited to render frames faster than 60Hz, the monitor will also follow that refresh rate and refresh the
    screen display at the same rate as the game is sending a screen image.

Not all games are frame unlocked, and therefore not all games run at 120Hz, and so if you turn on FreeSync, and the monitor "drops" to a certain fps/Hz refresh rate, it's because the game won't send frames faster than that.
  5. The1337gamer Win User

Bad news about Watch Dogs...

How am I lying?

My monitor refreshes 60 times per second.

I can lock frame rate to 30 frames per second via command console.

I can lock frame rate to 60 frames per second via command console.

I can see the difference between the game running at 30 fps and 60 fps.

You think my system is suffering from rate drops.

The frame rate tracker says my game is running at constant 30 fps when I lock it to 30.

The frame rate tracker says my game is running at constant 60 fps when I lock it to 60.

The frame rate tracker says my game is running at constant 299 fps when I don't lock the frame rate (it is unlocked by default).

The frame rate tracker disagrees with your hypothesis that my system is suffering from frame rate drops.

Where is the lie?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

144hz?

I'm afraid 60Hz is the maximum refresh for an Xbox One. You would need a One S or One X for 120Hz.

High refresh rates on consoles don't have the same impact as they do on PC. PC players go for high refresh rates because their hardware can reach the same frame rate as the refresh rate. I'm a PC player with a 144Hz 1440P monitor and with it I can hit upto
    144 fps for silky smooth performance.

On console's they only have an impact on the screen image quality and controller to screen latency as most Xbox One games are locked at 30 fps.
Thema:

1. All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor) - Similar Threads - games are fps

2. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  3. Camping In FPS games is worse on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Camping In FPS games is worse on Xbox: I'm getting sick and tired of playing against campers in these FPS games. I swear it's worse on Xbox than playstation and pc. And then you wonder why gaming isn't fun anymore. And you want to...
  4. Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes: As the title says, Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes. I'll be playing the same game (ie jedi survivor) and I'd say only 30% of the time does the fps counter actually show my fps. The...
  5. Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps.: Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps. c63865e5-13be-40ee-827e-c44e02e6369e
  6. Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.: Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X. It is 120 fps compatible but only on 1080p, and 1440 compatible but only on 60 fps....
  7. Low FPS on some games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low FPS on some games: Everything was running fine about a month ago and all the sudden with no changes I made my games have been acting kinda low on FPS. I kind of fixed the issue with recently by updating my BIOS and...
  8. Random fps drop in games after ram upgrade.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random fps drop in games after ram upgrade.: Before the ram upgrade everything was ok. Now, after the ram update, I get random fps drops down to 10-20fps and it stays like that around 3-5 sec. I have an Asus rog strix g15 (laptop). CPU:...
  9. FPS drop in every game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FPS drop in every game.: I don't know why no matter the fps : 60 or 100. I have stuttering. It feels like the pc stops working for a millisecond. Even on games where my fps are consistent. This is my userbenchmark :...
  10. Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games: A while ago I tried playing bg3 as always but I got sudden low fps drops that ive never had.Same with the other games, such as house flipper,ac etc. The cpu usage while running these games is...