All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller)

Discus and support All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was in the middle of playing Starfield when the game stopped and said the controller was disconnected. I look down and sure enough, it's turned... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tonofpudding, Sep 22, 2023.

1. tonofpudding
    tonofpudding Guest

All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller)

I was in the middle of playing Starfield when the game stopped and said the controller was disconnected. I look down and sure enough, it's turned itself off. I replaced the batteries, thinking maybe they died, even though they were fairly fresh.

When I turned the controller back on, the analog sticks, triggers and home button worked, but none of the face buttons worked at all. It seems like analog input types are working, but no digital button presses. They just spontaneously died in the middle of playing.

I've tried power cycling the controller, power cycling the console, connecting to the Xbox via USB, connecting to a PC via USB, every suggested troubleshooting step. They all have the same result: Analog inputs are read perfectly fine, but no button presses register at all.

Hard to tell if it's a hardware or software issue, either one probably has separate components dealing with analog sticks vs button presses, and whatever it was just broke randomly.

:)

tonofpudding, Sep 22, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: