Alienated Gamer who bought destiny!

Discus and support Alienated Gamer who bought destiny! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, This is a frustration thread so those having a good day please read no further. I just bought an XBOX ONE, which is Microsoft's Defacto... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gamechief, Nov 8, 2014.

1. gamechief
    gamechief Guest

Hello all,

This is a frustration thread so those having a good day please read no further.

I just bought an XBOX ONE, which is Microsoft's Defacto entertainment solution. I bought the Destiny hard copy for the 360 when it first released because I really wanted to play it with my buddies. Now that i have an XBOX ONE, I thought that i could upgrade
    since I already purchased the game full price and brand new. However, after reading the bungie site and reading various explanations regarding users not being able to upgrade if they have a hard copy I find myself very irate about this. Whoever thought it
    would be a good idea to only give customers who paid for a digital version of the game a free upgrade and not the physical version is a complete jack ***(to put it lightly). I can think of several reasons why one would not even consider a Digital upgrade one
    of the main reasons being hard drive space or lets go further and talk about bandwidth caps for ISP's? The way i see it, people who bought the digital version of game should not get any perks if bungie/Microsoft cant spread the love full circle. Now they force
    physical disc buyers to go out and RE-BUY the game for next gen when you offered it for free to another set of customers. Had they told us their plans before hand i bet the people who feel alienated right now would had made the decision to buy the digital
    version instead especially for those that thought they would be able to upgrade in the future. If they cant find a way to fix this issue for the customers who bought the physical copy of their game then destiny will be the last product i buy from them.

That is all.

:)

gamechief, Nov 8, 2014
  2. dudeskis01
    dudeskis01 Guest
    WHY Microsoft? WHY!

@artemis i agree they alienated a large portion of their user base. but it wasnt because they didnt know them as you suggested. the policy isnt what alienated people, the lack of information and the arrogant and dismissive attitude by leadership is what
    alienated people.

dudeskis01, Nov 8, 2014
  3. ArmyMedic75
    ArmyMedic75 Guest
    Xbox one "Over-Delivers On Value"

You are kidding right lol Over delivers on value this coming from someone who alienated the huge number of offline 360 owners essentially telling them hell begging them to get a ps4 lol

ArmyMedic75, Nov 8, 2014
  4. Alienated Gamer who bought destiny!

that sucks and i feel for ya...but it makes sense that they would not allow upgrades from physical discs. you would, from their standpoint, just upgrade to xbone then sell your 360 copy and get a free version on the one. i guess just suck it up and trade
    in your last gen copy for the new one. perhaps there'll be a good sale for black friday.

BootstrapGolem, Nov 8, 2014
  5. bigJ7678
    bigJ7678 Guest
    Also along with what Bootstrap said, someone could have Gamefly and simply upgrade everything for 10$ a month. Or even use the free trial of it and upgrade games for a fraction of the retail price.

bigJ7678, Nov 8, 2014
  6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    That does suck, but I'm sure they have a reason. Whatever that reason is though, I'm sure there is a way around it.

Maybe you could use a 1-time code that you enter when you buy a "new" physical disc version of Destiny on the 360. That way when you buy a "new" upgraded digital version on your ONE it will work.

Obviously "used" copies would not apply and the upgrade would have to be digital. If you used the code that's it. You couldn't give the game to a friend so he could upgrade for free.

brandiesel1, Nov 8, 2014
  7. I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's already mentions of a Destiny 2 on the way, so I say just play the 360 version of Destiny until the second game comes out and play that on the Xbox One.

That's what I would do anyways, that is if it's true that Bungie is working on a sequel already.

Dr Black Bones, Nov 10, 2014
  8. Alienated Gamer who bought destiny!

Wow i didnt even know they would do that.....but thats still ****ed up. Even if you were trade it in, you wont get full price for it because the seal has been broken.

x8I RAVEN I8x, Nov 11, 2014
  9. DBurleson
    DBurleson Guest
    How do people have sympathy for this guy? It was known that only digital copies of the 360 version were able to upgrade to the X1 version! The fact is you failed to research and now you are paying the price...boo-hoo

DBurleson, Nov 1, 2018
  10. bigJ7678 Win User

Also along with what Bootstrap said, someone could have Gamefly and simply upgrade everything for 10$ a month. Or even use the free trial of it and upgrade games for a fraction of the retail price.
  11. x8I RAVEN I8x Win User

Wow i didnt even know they would do that.....but thats still ****ed up. Even if you were trade it in, you wont get full price for it because the seal has been broken.
  12. BootstrapGolem Win User

that sucks and i feel for ya...but it makes sense that they would not allow upgrades from physical discs. you would, from their standpoint, just upgrade to xbone then sell your 360 copy and get a free version on the one. i guess just suck it up and trade
    in your last gen copy for the new one. perhaps there'll be a good sale for black friday.
  13. brandiesel1 Win User

That does suck, but I'm sure they have a reason. Whatever that reason is though, I'm sure there is a way around it.

Maybe you could use a 1-time code that you enter when you buy a "new" physical disc version of Destiny on the 360. That way when you buy a "new" upgraded digital version on your ONE it will work.

Obviously "used" copies would not apply and the upgrade would have to be digital. If you used the code that's it. You couldn't give the game to a friend so he could upgrade for free.
  14. Dr Black Bones Win User

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's already mentions of a Destiny 2 on the way, so I say just play the 360 version of Destiny until the second game comes out and play that on the Xbox One.

That's what I would do anyways, that is if it's true that Bungie is working on a sequel already.
Thema:

1. Alienated Gamer who bought destiny! - Similar Threads - Alienated Gamer bought

2. Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like

in XBoX on Windows
    Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like: Help!! [img] d7c884a6-a10c-4446-a312-620714920c7b
  3. Why is alien vs predators not on the Xbox gaming cloud you have older games on there an I'd...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is alien vs predators not on the Xbox gaming cloud you have older games on there an I'd...: Hi iv been playing on the Xbox pass cloud an iv seen older games on there but why can't u play aliens vr predators I'd love to play it again I was wondering if it might be put on there in the...
  4. Anyone know how to point sentry gun in aliens dark descent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to point sentry gun in aliens dark descent: Can't figure this out. Tried every button and combination of buttons to know avail. Yet in the sentry gun codex within the game it shows the gun being rotated before being placed. Thanks in...
  5. i just got alien ioslaton on xbox but cant play it via the xbox app on windows 11 is there...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just got alien ioslaton on xbox but cant play it via the xbox app on windows 11 is there...: i got the game on xbox but cant play it through the xbox app on windows 11 e8c0d454-5581-44ee-8b13-4a00c87cce1f
  6. ALIEN TV... EMBARK ON A JOURNEY... Drop on by the dammed

in XboX Insiders
    ALIEN TV... EMBARK ON A JOURNEY... Drop on by the dammed: ALIEN TV... submitted by /u/ALIENSVP [link] [comments]
  7. How about a game based on the movie Iron Giant that fights his Alien creators that want him...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How about a game based on the movie Iron Giant that fights his Alien creators that want him...: A game based on the iron giant that fights against his alien creators the try to reprogram him I think it would be good as it was a childhood favourite (what if a gun didn’t want to be a gun)...
  8. What is this weird alien text I see on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    What is this weird alien text I see on my Xbox series s: On my recently played with it shows the weirdest set of texts that I’ve never seen before I wish I could post a pic so ppl can see 11f06deb-a14f-4063-988e-aa01963d0928
  9. During Alien Isolation, received error message "Error accessing cache on Hard Drive" at the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    During Alien Isolation, received error message "Error accessing cache on Hard Drive" at the...: If more information needed, please ask. 76868d18-67f9-49f1-8657-a3e77deb1adf
  10. Alien: Isolation Dil Değiştirme

in XBoX Accessibility
    Alien: Isolation Dil Değiştirme: Xbox GamePass'ten Alien: Isolation isimli bir oyun indirdim fakat oyunu açtığımda Almanca idi. Oyunu İngilizce yapmak istediğimde ayarlar kısmında da öyle bir seçenek bulamadım. Nasıl dili...