Alexa skill for xbox in India

Discus and support Alexa skill for xbox in India in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi team, I've been having a great experience on xbox however i wanted to make the setup even smarter and bought an alexa device to enhance it. However... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShawnDsouza2, Jan 16, 2022.

1. ShawnDsouza2
    ShawnDsouza2 Guest

Hi team,

I've been having a great experience on xbox however i wanted to make the setup even smarter and bought an alexa device to enhance it. However currently looks like the XBOX skill is not enabled in India. Have currently been using the Google assistant as a workaround but the experience hasn't been that great.

Are there any plans of setting and enabling the Alexa XBOX skill in India anytime soon?

Thanks & Regards,

Shawn

:)

ShawnDsouza2, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There is no knowledge of that as nothing has been posted on the Xbox news website where updates like that are announced. I can only advise you keep checking news.xbox.com for any future announcements
  3. Goomba Slayer 2 Win User

2 xboxes and alexa

You can only have one linked to it at a time Set up Alexa with Xbox One

Note Xbox Skill for Alexa may not be available in all locales.

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles.

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”
  4. Gollybass Win User

How to record the gameplay on xbox one?

to add to the above, you can also set up alexa to where you can say "Alexa, tell xbox to record that" which lets you stay hands free. If you have an Alexa search for the xbox skill, it's pretty nifty.
  5. H3PA80R Win User

kinect

You could connect your alexa device with your xbox. Works pretty good for me.

Here is how it works:

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see
    Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under
    Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”

And if needed to set it up for more than one Xbox:

Connecting and using Alexa with more than one Xbox involves some extra steps. Those steps depend on the type of commands you’re using.

To connect your first Xbox, see Set up Alexa as a digital assistant for Xbox One.
    To connect a second Xbox to Alexa:

1. Sign in on the Xbox you want to control. The Xbox you’re signed in to will automatically be linked (you can also enable it on your console under
      System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Digital assistants).
    2. Say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair” to the Alexa device you plan on using to control the signed-in Xbox.
    3. Open the Alexa app, then go to Smart Home, select Add Device, and choose device type Other.
    4. Once your Xbox is discovered, change the default name “Xbox” to something else if your first console is also named “Xbox.” This is the device name you’ll use for smart home commands.

Standard commands

Standard commands begin with the phrase “Alexa, tell Xbox to…” and target the Xbox you’re currently signed in to. If you want another Xbox to interact with Alexa, sign in to that console and say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair.” Alexa will
    then start sending commands from that Alexa device to that Xbox.

Smart home commands

Smart home commands, such as “Alexa, turn off Xbox” can work with more than one console if they have different names.

By default, Alexa gives the first discovered console the name “Xbox.” Additional consoles are given default names of “Xbox [####]” to tell them apart, but you can change the console name in the Alexa app to something friendlier, like
    “Upstairs Xbox” or “Josie’s Xbox.” This will enable commands like “Alexa, turn down the volume on Upstairs Xbox.”

Another option is to change the system name of one or more consoles in
    System > Settings > System > Console info to something like “DENXBOX,” for example. Alexa will then identify the Xbox by that name.
  6. Lucky C Harper Win User

Alexa turn on Xbox requirements?

Also worth noting is that Alexa skills are currently only available in the US and UK.
    I need the Alexa Support here in Germany, anyone knows when it comes to Germany
Thema:

1. Alexa skill for xbox in India - Similar Threads - Alexa skill India

2. Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa

in XBoX on Windows
    Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa: I've been using an Amazon Echo Dot to control my Xbox Series X with voice commands via Alexa for over a year. Up until yesterday it was working fine, then last night it suddenly stopped working...
  3. Will the Xbox skill on Alexa ever be available in Ireland?

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox skill on Alexa ever be available in Ireland?: Does anyone know anything about that I would really want to know submitted by /u/afroboy888 [link] [comments]
  4. Alexa video skill voice commands have not been working for around 6 weeks now. Any word on...

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa video skill voice commands have not been working for around 6 weeks now. Any word on...: I spoke to an Xbox dev about this a month ago and he confirmed that they were no longer working and said he was going to contact Amazon to find out what was going on, as the issue was with them,...
  5. Alexa app skill record that action

in XBoX on Mobile
    Alexa app skill record that action: Alexa skill wont record that it just keeps saying something went wrong 3de44005-e81d-421c-b28b-e2b20dec95a8
  6. Alexa Skill vocal commands stopped working

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa Skill vocal commands stopped working: I report this problem here because I couldn’t find the numeric assistants in the Xbox Insider Hub app. Every time I ask Alexa something on Xbox (Alexa, Tell Xbox to open app) it answers « Opening...
  7. XBox One Alexa Skill

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox One Alexa Skill: Hi, When is the Alexa skill expected to be launched in India? cf976c78-ed54-47f5-8aee-aadfd77db1b6
  8. Alexa skill not turning on the xbox. Does turn it off.

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa skill not turning on the xbox. Does turn it off.: Anyone else have the issue where Alexa cannot turn on the xbox? Obviously it is in power saving mode, has been hard reset and the skill is checked in the xbox settings. "Alexa turn off the xbox"...
  9. July 2019 Xbox Update Delivers New Features For Xbox Game Pass, And Xbox Skill For Alexa

in XBoX on Consoles
    July 2019 Xbox Update Delivers New Features For Xbox Game Pass, And Xbox Skill For Alexa: These are all good updates!! Thanks for sharing this info!!! 9e32cf58-98e1-41cc-9b1d-90a59be2c367
  10. xbox skill for alexa in europe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox skill for alexa in europe: Hello Folks, i wanted to ask when the alexa skill "xbox" will be available for germany and is there any plans when it will be released for other countrys then the US and UK? Thank you in advance...