Alexa for PC "show mode" not showing my cameras

Discus and support Alexa for PC "show mode" not showing my cameras in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Alexa for pc and everything seems to work...almost. When I give the command to show me the camera, she responds with "okay" and chimes as... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CallahanK, Aug 18, 2022.

1. CallahanK
    CallahanK Guest

I installed Alexa for pc and everything seems to work...almost. When I give the command to show me the camera, she responds with "okay" and chimes as though the command was successful. The problem is the camera never shows. The same command works on my other devices such as Echo Show and Amazon TV. I have uninstalled/reinstalled. I have verified all settings. Normally if the command cannot be completed, she will let you know. In this case it appears as though the command went as expected but the app never displays the camera. Any solutions?

:)

CallahanK, Aug 18, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

go to amazon support for issues with alexa, it is their product and nothing to do with microsoft.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello CallahanK, here in the community the solutions and procedures are more focused on Xbox consoles xbox-related equipment, games on PC etc.

I leave here the links of two communities that may be able to help you with your equipment and your question.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/echo-family

https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/115-a...

Note (Standard Disclaimer): This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  4. Raoni Barbalho Win User

Metro Exodus crashes on launch on Windows 10 Xbox

Trying to launch Metro Exodus on my PC it crashes during startup while showing the initial trademark. Trying to launch it again gives the option to launch in safe mode. Selecting safe mode, the game does launch although the camera is very slow to the mouse
    movement and it is unplayable.

Any ideas on why it crashes on launch?
    I have the same issue... Please anyone help us
  5. ReeceLad Win User

Camera not showing for Twitch

Hi Jason,

Please can you follow these steps?

To live stream with a webcam:

Plug your USB webcam into your Xbox.
    Allow your camera to be used for live streaming if you haven't already:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to System & profile > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy > View details & customise > Communication & multiplayer and make sure that you can use video for communications.
    In the guide, go to Capture & share > Live streaming > Camera options and check that your camera is set to On.
    Open a live streaming provider app and follow the instructions for streaming.
    Start your live stream.

Note To live stream microphone audio as well, you'll need to use a headset.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

alexa connects in alexa app but xbox still shows connect to alexa

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Celtic

Please try this on your console:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and reinstall Alexa app on your console.

If the issue persists, the best option would be contact Amazon Alexa support and ask them for further help
Thema:

1. Alexa for PC "show mode" not showing my cameras - Similar Threads - Alexa show mode

2. I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox: I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox for some reason every time i put enable to use and it goes to sign in to my xbox account the website won't come up to let me sign in its...
  3. Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa: I have all the proper settings changed, I had an Xbox one up until about November of 2023, and ALWAYS used my Alexa to turn on, adjust volume, launch specific apps or games, and when I upgraded to...
  4. Xbox one + alexa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one + alexa: Who has Xbox one and has a Alexa device link to it, if so what’s the best Alexa to get for that? 9c53a44d-2a76-4215-ac27-e6e5814a4fc9
  5. Xbox 1x and Start Up with Alexa.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1x and Start Up with Alexa.: All, I own an Xbox 1X and an Alexa Echo. I have added the Xbox to the Alexa application. It is recognized and commands typically work well. What doesn't work well is when I ask Alexa to "turn on...
  6. Disney + app and Alexa are not playing well together

in XboX Insiders
    Disney + app and Alexa are not playing well together: I hope this is the right place to post this. I have my Series X connected to my echo dot (5th Gen). Everything works as expected, apps open, games open, turns off/on, opens games, etc. The only...
  7. Alexa thinks applications on my Xbox One aren’t installed when they are

in XboX Insiders
    Alexa thinks applications on my Xbox One aren’t installed when they are: When I use the commands to launch an app, Alexa tells me the app isn’t installed and takes me to the Microsoft Store page. This happens with both games and apps I have installed. All other...
  8. Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa

in XBoX on Windows
    Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa: I've been using an Amazon Echo Dot to control my Xbox Series X with voice commands via Alexa for over a year. Up until yesterday it was working fine, then last night it suddenly stopped working...
  9. Amazon alexa and Xbox in Ireland

in XboX Insiders
    Amazon alexa and Xbox in Ireland: Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has encounter this problem/solved it. So trying to link my xbox series x and alexa together. When I search for the device or skill for xbox it doesn't exist. I...
  10. alexa connects in alexa app but xbox still shows connect to alexa

in XBoX Games and Apps
    alexa connects in alexa app but xbox still shows connect to alexa: I have connected alexa to my xbox but the alexa for xbox app still showing that you need to connect the two.... I have rebooted the system twice and still nothing.... I need it so I can see my...