Age restriction preventing the download of DLC

Discus and support Age restriction preventing the download of DLC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am attempting to download a DLC for Armored Core: Verdict Day that would enable the use of an additional customized Unmanned Armored Core. However, i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShifterParadox, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Age restriction preventing the download of DLC

I am attempting to download a DLC for Armored Core: Verdict Day that would enable the use of an additional customized Unmanned Armored Core. However, i can't download it because my Xbox account age is only about 17. Now this is all well and good, i understand
    underage accounts can't access mature content, but there's a catch.

I Already OWN Armored Core: Verdict Day. i have the game, rated M, in my console right now, and i have permission from my parents to buy the DLC.

Any Xbox administrator can check my recently played games, it proves i already own AC:VD. It also doesn't make sense that i have downloaded M games in the past, but never been able to download M rated DLC.

:)

ShifterParadox, Jul 14, 2014
  2. Temhotabot
    Temhotabot Guest
    6-11-12 4:56pm

Demos, trailers and certain games multiplayer modes have age restrictions on them thus preventing them from being accessed by minors. No matter what adjustments are made via Family/Parental Settings those will be unavailable by
    default and can not be changed until the account reaches the appropriate age.

Temhotabot, Jul 14, 2014
  3. Show Mercy
    Show Mercy Guest
    Age Restrictions

I am trying to download a beta and it says that I am unable to download it because of age restrictions. When I go to settings it shows I am an adult. All restrictions are open. Why can't I download it?

Show Mercy, Jul 14, 2014
  4. Age restriction preventing the download of DLC

Hi there! Even though age restrictions are set on your console and you have your parents permission, your parents are the only ones that can allow you to access that content. Even if you own the game. They must have the parental lock on that is not allowing
    you to download so they must remove it. If they are having problems then they must call phone phone support for any restrictions they have set to get the xbox unlocked.

MaximumExtreme, Jul 15, 2014
  5. Now this is funny. Last night Xbox Search was malfunctioning, again, and the UNAC DLC didn't show up. I tried to DL it from the website and got an error, however i went back and searched "UNAC" and it showed up, and i'm allowed to DL it from the console
    because the restrictions are off. So it was naught. Thanks for helping anyway.

ShifterParadox, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Age restriction preventing the download of DLC