After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

Discus and support After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dingus McKah, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Dingus McKah
    Dingus McKah Guest

So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the "finishing things up" part was really slow. Is this a bug with the hardware? Anybody else experienced this issue solely with the memory card.

:)

Dingus McKah, Apr 11, 2024
  2. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Has anyone digitally downloaded a game yet? Time?

The thing apparently going on there Fractal, is the game is simultaneously downloading the updates for Ryse. It's causing it to over-lap and slow down. Once the updating finishes, your speed will increase.
  3. ericschmeling Win User

Slow downloads for DLC

I had issue with slow downloads and even at times my Xbox would be slow to start up or even shut down. I have over 150GB of memory available on hard drive so memory wasnt the issue. After calling support they had me go to settings then memory, hit Y and
    clear cache 3 times then on the storage screen click LB RB X LB RB X and an update prompt screen will appear. Update and xbox should run better
  4. StealthyMangos Win User

Ryse: Son of Rome: Can't start campaign

I've been having the same problem, the installation is done, I press play and start up the game but after I choose the difficulty I am stuck on this really slow installation screen. Its been several hours and it still hasn't finished, is this the update?
    At the very least it should update while I am playing the damn game, after all, the game should have been installed already...
  5. Daft Badger Win User

I'll try again, xbox one s memory 1/2 full with just 2 games loaded

If you mean installing it from a disc then if you are updating the game at the same time it can slow the process down,especially if your broadband isn't that great.

Install the game while not connected to live & download any updates after,that should speed things up.
  6. iiTz xSNiipEz Win User

Achievement bug ?

I managed to solve it.

I had to put everything far cry related (saved games, autosaves, game updates) on to a memory card, remove the memory and then boot up Far Cry so it's like you're playing it for the first time. The game should prompt the update, accept and you should be
    signed in and the game working as normal, then just put the card back in and load your save from it.
Thema:

1. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card - Similar Threads - updating game finishing

2. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  3. Xbox app PC automatically updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app PC automatically updating games: i turned off auto updating but app doesn't care submitted by /u/Soroush_ [link] [comments]
  4. My game disappeared after updated the xbox app pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game disappeared after updated the xbox app pc: My game disappeared after did the xbox update 6b7b44e0-ff96-4f24-9c0d-f7d10c31565f
  5. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  6. Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?: Everytime a game needs to update it gets stuck in the updates section until I click update all, even though under the updates settings I have the checkbox checked for auto updating? Xbox Series X...
  7. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  8. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  9. Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat: I updated my controllier and now cant talk in games or hear people can hear game and in messages can send. Voice message but i can hear it but who i send it to can thn i cannot hear reply...
  10. PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly

in XboX Insiders
    PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly: Im currently stuck in a loop where the game Another crab's Treasure will crash once loaded in then on the app will download an 'update' and so on. Weird thing Is I played this morning and...