After Update my entire hard drive was wiped

Discus and support After Update my entire hard drive was wiped in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It worked fine last night. Today it prompted me to download the new update i did then it went through the tutorial like i had just purchased the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by spook E 1, Aug 31, 2017.

1. spook E 1
    spook E 1 Guest

It worked fine last night. Today it prompted me to download the new update i did then it went through the tutorial like i had just purchased the system. Ive had this one for years. All the profiles and games that werent saved on the external hard drive
    were deleted. It then said recquired a new update. I DL'd that update and then the system shut off after verifying the update it said recquired a restart. it kicked off the system and now the system will not turn on. Sometimes it does this and i have to
    unplug for about ten minutes but wth. why are all my saves and profiles gone after the update? is this something to do with the preview program or what? if so dont think i will ever participate again. funny it happens after they announce stopping production
    on the old systems...i smell a conspiracy.

:)

spook E 1, Aug 31, 2017
  2. DanielF96
    DanielF96 Guest
    Update wiped my hard drive

Got my first preview update 2XXMb update, all went well. Now I'm waiting for the wireless display app! After Update my entire hard drive was wiped :)

DanielF96, Aug 31, 2017
  3. Update wiped my hard drive

"Those things wont happen again cause the witch is dead." - HaloJolly

So your saying you know where the body is?
    After Update my entire hard drive was wiped :p

Goth Vampirella, Aug 31, 2017
  4. carseclass
    carseclass Guest

it seems the latest xbox one update resetting some xbox one consoles I haven t this problem yet but I will keep close eye on my xbox one . the only reason why I haven t this problem because my xbox one is on energy saving mode, have you tried
    clear local saves games then synce your game to the internet to get your game saves back.

carseclass, Aug 31, 2017
  5. carseclass Win User

it seems the latest xbox one update resetting some xbox one consoles I haven t this problem yet but I will keep close eye on my xbox one . the only reason why I haven t this problem because my xbox one is on energy saving mode, have you tried
    clear local saves games then synce your game to the internet to get your game saves back.
  6. Voodoo C9 Win User

playing original xbox game

Dashboard: 2.0.14719.0

After exhausting all possibilities, I think the problem may be my with HDD.

Here is a specific question for you - When you reformat a 360 hard drive, is the entire drive wiped including the portion reserved for system info or is just the useable area wiped? My theory is that the partition on my drive that once held the emulation
    script for originals support may be corrupt or unreadable. It is the only plausible explanation for my problem.

Please check to see if this may be the case with a reformat.
  7. TheSilverTash Win User

"Those who choose not to get an external Hdd just because they "shouldn't have to " have no basis to blame Ms " .

Words fail me ...!
  8. A Blue Illusion Win User

@blue

i agree people shouldn't have to, but remember this is the preview update, not a live update to the public. One of the risks is having update issues like this. people should know the risk before they voluntary agree
    to enter the preview program. If this was a live update that would be different, you cna just opt out of the preview program if you don't want these type of issues.

I think you misunderstood my point. To make it shorter and hopefully clearer;

Though it may be true we shouldn't have to, it's not a perfect world. Problems will happen, both in and out of the preview program. Just because we "shouldn't have to" doesn't mean we don't need to.

Everyone has to make up their own mind, of course. But those who choose not to get an external HDD just because they "shouldn't have to" have no basis to blame MS if they run into an issue like this and have to re-install and/or re-download all their games.
    Not pointing any fingers, just saying. This applies to those who are in the preview program and those who are not.

I got my external HDD as soon as it was supported. My internal wasn't even close to full. I moved all of my games to the external 'just in case'. I keep apps on the internal and
    not much else. At least if something happens to my console or the internal drive gets wiped, I will only have a few small apps to re-download.
  9. TheSilverTash Win User

Upinya ...

On page 1 , the Op , Sinstral , said they are NOT in the preview prog .

So ...........?
Thema:

1. After Update my entire hard drive was wiped - Similar Threads - Update entire hard

2. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  3. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  4. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  5. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....
  7. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  8. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  9. On my CoD MW3 I have to install the entire game with each update it’s unfortunate because...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my CoD MW3 I have to install the entire game with each update it’s unfortunate because...: How can I fix this issue. My CoD mw3 make me reinstall the whole game with every update d63dfe78-575a-495f-a86f-8345f6a36b0b
  10. Any way to cancel an update without uninstalling the app entirely?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to cancel an update without uninstalling the app entirely?: I’m trying to cancel an update so I can play this game offline but I have no way of canceling the update without uninstalling the entire game. I have no internet service where I am currently at...