After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB....

Discus and support After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the latest update on the Xbox series x, I can only use my controllers when they are connected with the USB cord. Turned the Xbox and controllers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by matt iee, Jun 15, 2023.

1. matt iee
    matt iee Guest

After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB....

After the latest update on the Xbox series x, I can only use my controllers when they are connected with the USB cord. Turned the Xbox and controllers on and off. Still not working. This problem is not important enough to Xbox for me to get an actual person to talk to and the Virtual Assistant was garbage. Don't know what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?

:)

matt iee, Jun 15, 2023
  2. ElementSilverCL Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I have the same problem after the last firmware update with my Xbox series X controller, I connected it without problems via Bluetooth and USB, now BOTH alternatives only work 5 minutes to go to disconnect itself, the controller is not cheap and they leave it as garbage from one moment to another is very disappointing to say the least.

Just to leave more background, I use the control on my PC with windows 10 updated to today, and the problem with the control started after the last update I made via Xbox Accessories on 03/25/2022.

I leave that antecedent in case someone else comes to read this. investigate everything to find a solution without reaching anything more than this forum.

Greetings!
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

How to use Xbox Elite Series 2 audio jack while wirelessly connected to Win 10 PC?

Hi,

The 3.5mm headphone jack on Xbox One/Series X|S controllers (including Elite controllers) does not work when connected via Bluetooth. It will only work via USB or the official Xbox wireless adaptor.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  5. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  6. Jonny306 Win User

After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB. What am I doing wrong?

Hello Matt

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern.

I am very sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Can you try clearing your system cache by performing a power cycle by following the steps below while your controller is plugged in?

To do this:

For Xbox One:

- Go to the Home screen.

- Press the Menu button on the controller.

- Select Settings.

- Go to Sleep Mode & Start-Up

- Select Shut Down.

For Series X|S:

- Open Settings on Xbox.

- Select the General tab.

- Click on Power Options.

- Under the “Options” section, click the “Shutdown now” option.

- Click the “Shut down” button.

For BOTH methods, it is more affective by unplugging the power cord for 1 minute after sutting the console down.

Once done, power up the console using your controller.

Once back on, unplug the controller and it should be back to normal.
Thema:

1. After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB.... - Similar Threads - last update series

2. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  3. After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on?: After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on? 989a4524-ae05-4952-a82e-fe9c761c7b42
  4. Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update: Ever since the most recent Alpha Skip Ahead update the fan speed remains at it's idol speed. The fan speed controller no longer gets told to increase fan speed as the need arises. Could also be...
  5. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  6. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  7. Since the last update my xbox series s decided to become a plain old xbox one.. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since the last update my xbox series s decided to become a plain old xbox one.. Why?: Hi everyone! Since last update when I try to launch any X/S optimised game I received the error code 0x87e50033. Any other games work just fines. I tried everything mentioned in xbox...
  8. Fan problem in my Xbox Series S since last update

in XboX Insiders
    Fan problem in my Xbox Series S since last update: Since the last update, the fans in some games are making a high sound and this is weird because my Series S is really silent. In the new A Plague Tale is normal, but in The Witcher 3 the sound is...
  9. guys, my series s are in the last update of omega but i still dont have the new dashboard,...

in XboX Insiders
    guys, my series s are in the last update of omega but i still dont have the new dashboard,...: i think i will do a factory reset submitted by /u/Recent-Ad7265 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...: Howdy folks. This issue started quite recently and every option I tried has not worked such as power cycling the console, factory resetting, deleting alternate Mac address and changing the DNS...