After software update no video displays

Discus and support After software update no video displays in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After software update no video displays. Replaced hdmi cable, tried a different working hdmi port on the tv, and tried starting in low resolution mode.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Damon Edwards, Nov 2, 2023.

1. After software update no video displays

After software update no video displays. Replaced hdmi cable, tried a different working hdmi port on the tv, and tried starting in low resolution mode. Nothing works. Xbox light comes on, o video displays and then 2 minutes later it turns off by itself.

:)

Damon Edwards, Nov 2, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Damon! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox console. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

I understand that you have already replaced the HDMI cable and checked if this is a hardware problem. Since you have mentioned that this error has occurred after a software update, kindly try to perform an offline system update for us to isolate the case.

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
    A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.

To perform the update:

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
    Open the Offline System Update file OSU1.

OSU1 (You can download the OSU1 here at this link) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Click Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer.
    Unzip the file by right-clicking on the file and selecting Extract All from the pop-up menu.
    Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .postcode file to your flash drive.

Note: The files should be copied to the root directory, and there shouldn't be any other files on the flash drive.
    Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.

You can update your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.

Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button  on the console.

Note: The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter on these consoles by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button .
    Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble Shooter.

Plug the USB flash drive with the Offline System Update files into a USB port on your Xbox console. When the flash drive is inserted, the Offline system update option on the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter becomes active. Use the D-pad and A button  on your controller to select Offline system update to initiate the update using the files saved on your flash drive.

Note: The console restart may take several minutes. If you were using a wired connection, plug your network cable back into the console. If you have never connected your console to the Internet, you will need to connect at least once during your system setup process.

When the update is complete, the console will restart and you should be returned to the Home screen. If this happens, your console is now up to date! You can remove the USB drive from your console.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Why are my letters distorted on Xbox Series S? Also please see my Reddit link to see the weird black glitches I’m getting while I play a game . Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi, DefuriousOzSgf my name is Oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

Distorted letters on the Xbox Series S can be caused by various factors, ranging from software glitches to hardware issues. Here are some potential causes and troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem:

Software Glitches: Temporary glitches or software conflicts can sometimes cause display issues, including distorted text. Try restarting your Xbox Series S. A simple restart can often clear these temporary issues.

Display Settings: Check your Xbox Series S display settings. Ensure that the resolution is set correctly and that any text scaling or other display enhancements are not causing the distortion.

HDMI Connection: Inspect the HDMI cable connecting your Xbox Series S to the TV or monitor. Ensure the cable is securely connected at both ends and that it's not damaged or frayed. Try using a different HDMI cable if available.

TV or Monitor Settings: Check the settings on your TV or monitor. Sometimes, overscan or other display settings can cause text distortion. Adjust the settings on your TV or monitor to ensure that the entire image is being displayed correctly.

Update Xbox Software: Make sure your Xbox Series S is running the latest software updates. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues or display glitches. Check for updates in the Settings menu under "System" > "Updates & downloads."

Reset Video Settings: Try resetting your Xbox Series S video settings to default. This can sometimes resolve display issues caused by misconfigured settings. Go to Settings > General > Video & audio > Video modes & formats > Reset to default.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  4. REN AERO Win User

xbox

I hope you want to record videos on the software intellij

You can record videos by pressing home button and pressing the Respective record option button displayed.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

2K 120 FPS/VRR/XBOX SERIES X

No one has a consumer level 2K display. 2K displays are strictly for professional video work mostly in the movie industry

1080p is the consumer standard near that resolution

Everything you're asking entirely depends on the game, and the display you are using

The Xbox is capable of doing these things, assuming the software and the display allow it
  6. REN AERO Win User

Zoo Tycoon

Dear
    JoyceLoveland

The steps suggested by
    Legendgenesis
    should work.

If it doesn't work-Make sure to update your display drivers.

a. Click on start.

b. In start search box type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

c. In the device manager window, expand display adapter.

d. Right click on the display adapter installed.

e. Click on update driver software and select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.

f. Restart the computer after its updated and verify if the issue is resolved

Happy Gaming.
Thema:

1. After software update no video displays - Similar Threads - software update video

2. Terrible stick drift after software update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible stick drift after software update: I just bought a Xbox Series X 3 days ago had no problems playing 10+ hours. After the controller update right analog stick started drifting upwards every minute or so without any input. How can i...
  3. My xbox one doesn't turn back on in the restart phase of the software update. How do I fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one doesn't turn back on in the restart phase of the software update. How do I fix...: It's one of those normal software/system updates where you have to do the update to be able to connect to a network again. There is a progress bar at the bottom of the screen divided into 3 parts....
  4. Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can...: This thread is about the lock on xbox controller polling rate. I have tested and noticed that the lowest latencies I get on a xbox controller is 3-4ms vs 0.80-1ms from PS5 controllers and PC. On a...
  5. Xbox series x is software update issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x is software update issue: xbox series x the new black console is stuck doing a system update I'm frozen out of opening or pressing anything while its trying to do this so I can't go setting or anything like that I tried...
  6. Xbox cant load game after doing a software update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cant load game after doing a software update: Having a bug this morning where i got an xbox update while playing a game, i installed it fully and when i finally finished it i went to load my game back up but it keeps crashing with no error...
  7. Software Update not working and shutting down Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Software Update not working and shutting down Xbox One: My Xbox one is saying there needs to be a software update so when I start the update it all looks like it is happening ok, but it say that the Xbox will restart on software update, but it turns...
  8. Latest system update corrupted my system software

in XboX Insiders
    Latest system update corrupted my system software: Ever since the September system update my console has been completely corrupted. System won't start up till hours later and when it does it either freezes or all apps and games you try to start...
  9. Xbox Home screen Idea for next software update:)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Home screen Idea for next software update:): Make an option in the settings where you can change your home screen between the older generations of Xbox home screens. I miss the Xbox 360 start up and home screen. submitted by...
  10. Xbox Series X System Software Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X System Software Update: My Xbox Series X was updating and when it was at 90% seen in the link below, I held the Home Xbox button and it brought me back to the dashboard. At this point, I have no idea if the system...